Guest Post weight loss

The 15 Minute Solution by Brad Gansberg

It is no secret that I think my friend, Brad, is awesome. He has successfully lost weight, but more impressive is his desire to look into himself to find the reasons for the weight gain…and to create real change.

He wrote this guest post in the format of his own blog, and I urge you to check out his site at: bradgansberg.wordpress.com.  And if you check it out today, you’ll see a post by yours truly.  I’m sharing my thoughts on how snacks and TV still seem to go together in my mind…let us know your thoughts, will you please?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us today Brad.  What are your thoughts on Brad’s plan?  How do you control your urge to eat more than you know you should?

♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥
    February 4, 2011 at 9:05 am

I love this post Brad. I actually wrote about this very thing on the first full day of my weight-loss journey, April 3, 2009. It was a totally new concept, and to my surprise, it worked like a charm.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on my blog today! =)

Shane G.
    February 4, 2011 at 10:28 am

I use a bit of a different technique. Typically I was the guy that once the fleeting thought crossed my mind of I want this, it was a done deal. So in the beginning I knew I needed to immediately replace that thought with another. I have always since day one of school looked forward to graduation! So, I decided that when I got the urge for this or that or the other, the first thing I did was start humming "Pomp and Circumstance" in my head, and I have even been known to accidentally start actually humming it in public. That usually got my mind off whatever I had decided I needed and got me in a place mentally I was happy to be.

Laurie
    February 4, 2011 at 11:38 am

I've read about this before, mean to try it and, uhm…forget? thanks for the reminder. 15 Minutes Solution it is TODAY!

jennykate77
    February 4, 2011 at 1:50 pm

That is such a great idea!! He's got some wonderful tips!

Tammy
    February 4, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I did that exact thing earlier this week. I wanted a pastry about 2:45 in the afternoon. I waited until 3:00, and I still wanted it. I walked up to the vending machine bought a package of Suzy Q's, broght them back to my desk, slowly ate one with a fork so it seemed like real cake, and threw the other one away. It does work to take that few minutes and let your brain and stomach work everything out. Like Brad said, most of the time, the craving has passed before the time is up.

Shawn
    February 4, 2011 at 4:07 pm

That's a great suggestion, I'll give it a try!

LeFebvre Momma
    February 4, 2011 at 5:37 pm

What a great system. and actually timing it so that you know you have given it thought. I always say to myself do I want this one jelly doughnut that I wont even remember in two days or do I want to go swimming with my daughter this summer? Or have better s** with my husband?? That usually does the trick.

PlushBelle
    February 4, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I do the full glass of water while I wait to see if I am really hungry or if I am thirsty, bored, ect. Most people say that we are really thirsty and not hungry when reaching for junk. Usually the water trick works for me – sometimes it doesn't. 🙂

♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥
    February 4, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Shane, That's a fantastic idea! I love it, and I know it has worked well for you. Brilliant.

Catherine55
    February 4, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Great post! I do something similar (without a watch, but I do make myself think things out now), and it's been a huge help in keeping me focused through the last 2 1/4 years.

Shannon B.
    February 4, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Great post and great idea, take a mental time out to sort through the feelings, emotions, and cravings. To someoene that is not overweight, this may sound insane. TO someone like me, this sounds like an answer to a lot of unnecessary cravings. I'm heading over to check out your guest post!

Thanks for sharing!

J
    February 4, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I was the queen of "I've already ruined the day so I'll just continue my binge."

Oh…my shame.

Great idea on the 15 second rule.
    J

Farrah
    February 5, 2011 at 2:57 am

I like that strategy. 🙂

Zepherine
    February 5, 2011 at 4:48 am

Will definately try this!!!

HS @ Our Debt Blog
    February 5, 2011 at 6:11 am

Usually sugars are what lead to more sugar cravings.. I find it better to drink protein water, 15 minutes later you won't even be thinking about food…

Roz
    February 6, 2011 at 12:11 am

HI Kenz, I don't comment often, but regularly read your blog. Just had to say how much I like this post, and your site! Hope you have a great weekend.