"I Think I Can…I Think I Can"

I created another goal for myself this week.  I completed a 5k and did 100 crunches as a part of my new personal goal to do at least 100 crunches per day – everyday – in addition to my regular exercise routine.  This is day 3, and I’m going to do at least 100 crunches today, maybe 200? 🙂

Today someone jokingly referred to me as ‘the little engine that could,” and I felt my heart swell with pride.  It seems silly to think that I would take that as such a compliment, but the truth is I’d be proud to be thought of as ‘the little engine that could.’

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle isn’t easy everyday, but I’m doing it.  And I love this lifestyle so the name seems rather fitting. 😉  Do you ever feel like ‘the little engine that could?’  Do you appreciate the efforts you’re making to change your life?

Jules - Big Girl Bombshell
    March 22, 2011 at 4:08 am

Yes..that is a great reference! I appreciate each and every small effort I make every day

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    March 22, 2011 at 4:45 am

Right now I wish I was doing better, but I keep at it because I surprise myself with little things, like now I know what portions I can have and that helps me be in check.
    I wish you the very best and I KNOW you can… if it wasn't for your inspiration I would have already give up

Shane G.
    March 22, 2011 at 9:42 am

Kenz, you are that engine for sure! I have every faith in you I know that. I got caught up in a conversation the other day that left me blushed actually. One of the clerks at the Courthouse told me that once I get done with law school, I should market myself as a motivational speaker! I told her I appreciated the compliment, but that I didn't really see myself as the kind of person people would want to listen to. She made a case for it and I guess I see her point, but still.

I see your Facebook thing that talks about your workouts. I am very impressed there Kenlie! You are rocking it chick!

Jodi
    March 22, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I am appreciating my efforts now that I am 'in a better place' physically and mentally. I am closing in on 40 (one year away! eeek!) and I am starting just now to love my body and the effort I am putting in to make it something I like (&not necessarily what society deems as 'perfect') I am also making a big effort to make sure my 11yo daughter is learning NOW to love her body and herself… not waiting until she is almost 40!☺

Julie
    March 22, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I think its great to feel that way. It'll keep you going to achieve more and make progress. Its a great nickname!

Mellisa Rock
    March 22, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Great Work. When I was in the groove crunches were my go to – to amp it up. You are an inspiration. 🙂

Melissa
    March 22, 2011 at 2:45 pm

You go girl! I agree with Nina Patricia, you are such an inspiration!

Darlene
    March 22, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Way to go "Little Engine". I think mine is stuck at the bottom of the hill, but I'm going to try to get it revved up!

zingzangzoom
    March 22, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I wish I did! I'm trying, certainly trying. I just seem to be able to talk myself out of exercise really well.

Congrats to you!

Annie
    March 22, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Love it! That's a great compliment.

I do appreciate the changes I'm making to live a healthier lifestyle. There's much more room to grow and change, but each day I keep going. Like Dori from Finding Nemo…"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming". 🙂

Sam
    March 22, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I feel like the "little engine that could" everytime I run – there are so many times I want to quit – but just keep on with the "I think I can, I think I can" mentality and I always find the strength to pull through =) … Keep up the good work! Your an amazing inspiration =)

Low Cost High Style
    March 22, 2011 at 5:46 pm

I definately feel like that!! It is definately something you continue to work at and have to make a concious effort to continue, but I am so glad I have made the decision to be more healthy and I am really enjoying the journey!! 🙂 Kendra

Chubby McGee
    March 22, 2011 at 10:21 pm

You totally are the little engine that could. And you can. And you will! Go, chica!

Need to Get ME Back
    March 22, 2011 at 11:00 pm

That's a great example. Because every tiny healthy decision you make is just one step closer to making a huge difference!

Kelly
    March 23, 2011 at 1:25 am

You're my hero.

Roz
    March 23, 2011 at 1:35 am

I LOVE the little engine that could. What a great reference. This journey that we're on can be tedious, and sometimes our engine falls off the rails, but over the long haul, "we all can"!!! Have a great week Kenz.

Laurie
    March 23, 2011 at 2:15 am

I want your "could" ness. Sadly I feel like the engine that couldn't these days.

Mrs. M
    March 31, 2011 at 4:04 pm

I admire your motivation and willpower! Where can I get some of that?