PointsPlus Progress

I’ve been following the PoinsPlus plan since the weekend, and I love it so far.  I don’t weigh-in until Friday, but here’s what I already know…

• I’m making healthier food choices.  I’m reaching for a banana or an orange instead of a mini ice cream sandwich.
  • I feel light as a feather.  I don’t feel weighed down by processed foods.  I’m still eating some, but my intake of healthy whole foods is noticeably greater than it was in previous weeks.
  • I love exercise, and I’m pleased with the number of activity points I could use if I needed to.
  • The new Weight Watchers app for my iPhone is much more impressive than the app I used on Momentum.  It is much more comprehensive so I don’t feel a need for third-party apps like I did in the past.
  • I feel like I have, once again, found the place where I belong.  I’ve said it a million times.  Weight Watchers changed my life, and there is something absolutely comforting and familiar about logging in e-tools.

I’m so glad I chose to give PointsPlus a real shot.  I believe I’ll see good results when I weigh-in later this week, but I don’t have to weigh-in to know that I am making smarter, healthier food choices.  I feel awesome, and I feel confident that I am, once again, making the best decisions for my body.  And it feels good.

Simply Teresa
    March 29, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Kenz! This is great! Oh, and what you say about feeling lighter … I totally agree with that. I feel so much lighter. A few weeks ago I went on a PB M-n-M binge and ate way, way too many … felt so heavy and gross … I will always remember that feeling compared to the light feeling … I haven't been tempted to binge since then!
    And ya know, I just agree with everything you said here. Great post!!!

Krystal
    March 29, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Way to go with the healthier food choices.

Annie
    March 29, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Yay! If I weren't sitting at my desk, I'd be jumping up and down for you! So happy for you to be making healthier choices. WW works, you've seen it before and now I just know you'll continue to see it with PointsPlus!

Thanks for the sweet note on my blog today… :o)

Marla
    March 29, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Glad to hear you gave PointsPlus a good shot and you are liking the new program. Keep up the great work.

Sarah
    March 29, 2011 at 6:52 pm

That's great Kenz! Glad you decided to try the new PointsPlus.. I'm sure you'll see those numbers drop on Friday.. 🙂

keepitupdavid
    March 29, 2011 at 7:05 pm

"I don't feel weighed down by processed foods." You hit that nail right on the head. It's an amazing feeling, isn't it? It took me months of healthier eating to be able to articulate that feeling. Keep it up!

LegalMommy
    March 29, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'm trying it out this week, too. I've never had success with WW in the past, but i'm giving this a good go. You're an inspiration.

Jess
    March 29, 2011 at 7:55 pm

So glad you are having such great success with Points+!!! YAY! Can't wait til your WI Friday! I am sure it will be GREAT!

Krystal
    March 29, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I just joined WW on Sunday! I'm nervous about it all! Any great blogs to read or tips to share?!

alastconfession
    March 29, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I'm glad you're enjoying the new program so far! This is the billionth time I've been on WW, and it's the first time I'm succeeding! I love that it's encouraging us to reach for whole/unprocessed foods.

Debbie
    March 29, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I love the new Weight Watchers program and all the point free fruit. Glad you are liking it.

♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥
    March 29, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Annie, your post from today makes me want to jump up and down for you. I'll just do crunches in your honor today instead. Congrats on hitting 80 pounds lost! You're outstanding!

♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥
    March 29, 2011 at 9:12 pm

David..it took months for me too, and it's nice to remember again today. =)

♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥
    March 29, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Krystal! I'm excited to hear this! Best of luck to you! I've had so much success with Weight Watchers..looking forward to the same with PointsPlus!

Low Cost High Style
    March 29, 2011 at 9:50 pm

So glad you seeing success…I feel the same way. I'm not doing weight watchers…I'm doing sensotherapy, just eating healthy and exercising a ton. Your right, you just plain feel better when your putting healthy things in your body. It's great!! 🙂

ashleysweigh
    March 29, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Great job! With making healthier food choices, you definitely will feel all-around better. I haven't had fast food or processed foods in months, not like I used to… I used to live off of processed foods. I know one thing – I'll be happy when I can get my own place and start buying my own food.

I thought about looking into weight watchers, but don't think I could afford it right now. I just do my own thing, and I guess it's been working because even without exercise, I average a 2lb loss per week.

Keep up the good work, girl! Stay motivated!

Need to Get ME Back
    March 29, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Yay! I'm glad you are liking it! I have found out the same things from the program, which is why I love it and recommend it to everyone who asks.

Brittany
    March 29, 2011 at 11:04 pm

YAYYY!!!!!!!! I'm so glad that you finally decided to give it a try 🙂 I knew you'd LOVE it!

Kimberly
    March 29, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Woo-hoo, Kenz!! I have been doing WW P+ for 5 weeks and it has been my most successful and easiest 5 weeks on Weight Watchers (and I have done it a few times before). Hugs!

Michelle
    March 30, 2011 at 1:56 am

I love points plus too. It was a learning curve and not being able to just eyeball a label and figure out the points was difficult. But like you, I've found that I am making way better choices and I crave sugar less & less and I do feel lighter. Glad you gave it another shot!!!

Kimberlynn
    March 30, 2011 at 2:19 am

I'm so glad you love it. It's a wonderful program!!! Keep up the great work Kenz!!!

Be blessed!!!

Chubby McGee
    March 30, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I'm super happy that you're super happy and super healthy! Can't wait for your weigh-in! I know it'll be a great one. 🙂

~Chubby McGee

♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥
    March 31, 2011 at 12:49 am

Kimberly, I had no idea you were on WW. I LOVE knowing that since you're my hero. =0)