Friend Makin' Mondays

Friend Makin’ Mondays: All The Single Ladies (and Gents)

I have always loved talking about boys, and, my girl, Britt is a total enabler! Seriously folks, it’s her fault. πŸ˜‰   As we were talking about a guy I was diggin’ last week,  we started talking about what we want in a guy.  I realize that many of you have already found your better half, but for those of us who haven’t, there’s still a lot of wishing, hoping and dreaming to be done which leads us to think week’s topic!

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add a link at the bottom of this post so we can all see your post. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts.

FMM: Describe Your Dream Mate

My dream guy is someone who is noticeably taller than me even when I wear 3 in. heels, very strong and very loyal.  He also has to be smart, easy to talk to and nice to me. πŸ˜‰  He’s not a cheater, and he makes time to call and text me between dates because he knows I like attention .  He’d like to workout with me even though he’ll, no doubt, be able to run circles around me – at least for now. πŸ˜‰  He’ll go on pic-nics with me because he likes that too.  He’s also a dog lover…for sure! And he probably likes boats…or at least likes the water.

He’ll think it’s cute when I “Party Off the Pounds” with Richard Simmons, and sometimes he’ll run races with me because he understands how important it is for me to be photographed at the end. =0)  And speaking of photographs, he won’t mind that I always take pictures of everything.  He’ll go shopping with me once in a while and understand that manicures and pedicures are important just because.

And, one of the most important things to me in my dream guy – he’ll make me feel completely desirable.  He won’t just hold my hand and kiss me in public.  He’ll show affection because he wants to, and he’ll never make me feel lonely when he’s in the room with me.

So…these are the basics for me. Now it’s your turn.

*****Linking up in my comments section seems to work pretty well so let’s try it again this week!  Now it’s time to share your answers!*****

Brittany
    April 4, 2011 at 4:10 am

Glad i was able to enable you πŸ˜‰

Shari @ FindingAWeigh
    April 4, 2011 at 5:55 am

Great topic! Happy Monday!

Mommyto3andahusky
    April 4, 2011 at 8:50 am

I just found your blog and became a follower! πŸ™‚ Love your blog! πŸ™‚ Erin

brookenotonadiet
    April 4, 2011 at 3:46 pm

awe! Love this post! πŸ™‚

You will totally find this guy because you're beautiful and you deserve it!

Patrick
    April 4, 2011 at 4:08 pm

You said… "And, one of the most important things to me in my dream guy – he'll make me feel completely desirable. He won't just hold my hand and kiss me in public. He'll show affection because he wants to, and he'll never make me feel lonely when he's in the room with me."

I really need to think a bit her to make sure I am hitting this note with my wife. We often believe we are, but, sometimes we get distracted and comfortable as relationships mature & get in a groove (fyi: a groove is good, a rut is not so good). Don't want to assume I'm hitting this note even though in quick reply i'd say I am.

U Rule Kenz! Not that you needed reminding πŸ™‚

therightsize
    April 4, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I have actually been wanting to write about something related to this topic. πŸ™‚

β™₯ Shrinking Kenz β™₯
    April 4, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Seriously Patrick…your comment makes my day. It's so nice to know that you're going to make sure you're on your game with your wife. Love it!

Alexa
    April 4, 2011 at 7:49 pm

I love this topic! I kind of went a bit tl;dr on it, but my list is in there, somewhere πŸ™‚

Heidi
    April 4, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Fun topic, Kenz! I'm right there with you on the "Party Off the Pounds" – my dream mate goes with me to Slimmons even if he's shy. And loves Richard as much as any straight man every could, heh!

β™₯ Shrinking Kenz β™₯
    April 4, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Heidi! I want to go to Slimmons with you! =0)

β™₯ Shrinking Kenz β™₯
    April 4, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Alexa, I love this topic too, and your post is swarming around in my head right now. Love that.

Maria
    April 4, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Finally finished it! Now if he'd only show up!

Maria
    Maria's Musings and Weight Loss

Michelle
    April 4, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Not sure why I did this one…but I did. And I'm sure my list is not all inclusive…just what I could think of at the time…

Anonymous
    April 5, 2011 at 1:56 am

You're so pretty and have come so far. That guy is out there for you. Be patient. You're only 30.

Michelle
    April 5, 2011 at 4:38 am

I just wanted to come back and say thank you for the sweet comment on my blog post! Painful…yes…with just one or two exceptions, everything in my list is the opposite of what I have lived with for many years(filed for divorce in Feb to end my almost 20 year marriage). You inspire me…in addition to finding myself emotionally…i also am on a weight loss journey as well.

Take care…:) Michelle

135by2012
    April 5, 2011 at 5:52 am

I like your post. Your dream man sounds well, dreamy!! πŸ˜‰ He will find you when you least expect it, and it will be SPECTACULAR! You deserve it.

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    April 5, 2011 at 6:17 am

ack, is 2:17am, I have to be up in 5 hrs and then an interview, why must you create such interesting post!? I must join too…I'll come back soon

Christel
    April 5, 2011 at 8:21 am

Here's mine. A little late, but I liked the topic and wanted to give it a try. πŸ™‚

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    April 5, 2011 at 10:27 pm

a day behind but finally done!

Future Bombshell (aka Cortney)
    April 6, 2011 at 4:54 am

A day late (almost two – yikes) but I wrote on this topic. Thanks for the great prompt!

Anonymous
    April 7, 2011 at 9:51 am

"He'll show affection because he wants to, and he'll never make me feel lonely when he's in the room with me."

That really struck a cord with me. Maybe I have been "spoiled" with these things in the past but that just makes it more clear to me now how sadly those little gestures of affection are lacking in my current relationship. Not completely but honestly for me it's like trying to survive on romantic breadcrumbs. He told me that he feels like he's under attack when I try to hug him or kiss him several times during the day and that the more I try the less inclined he feels to hug and kiss me. So I pretty much stopped. But I feel miserable, this restrained girl is just not me and I'm not feeling loved. Starting to think that maybe I would be better of on my own again.

Maybe you are better off being single sometimes..