Weekends always seem to fly by, and this weekend was no exception. I’ve experienced so many good things lately, but I’m looking forward to the new week. I’m flying out of New York to see my niece and her ‘rents later today so life is good. =)
Now it’s time for Friend Makin’ Mondays! If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section of this post so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Do you make a list when you go grocery shopping? Do you stick to it? I make lists, but I rarely stick to them. I tend to write lists most when I’m trying new recipes and don’t have all of the ingredients on hand.
2. Do you buy more groceries when you’re hungry? I’m much more aware of my hunger now so I’ve come a long way in this, but I’m sure I still do it…at least sometimes.
3. Coupons. Use ’em? I use them for buying clothes and yarn and things like that, but I’m not good about using them for food. I’d appreciate tips on that from those who do use them because it’s definitely a smart idea.
4. Have you ever complained to the manager of your grocery store? Yes..It has been a while, but I do respectfully share my complaints when I have them.
5. Do you like to buy groceries at huge chain stores like Wal-Mart and Target? Or do you shop exclusively at food stores? I shop at food stores, but if there’s a Wal-Mart or Target around, I stock up on things that I can buy there for less. I tend to buy produce and specialty items at food stores. I can find PopChips in most stores now, but I can only find PopCorners at Whole Foods. Whole Foods also has the largest variety of freshly ground peanut butter, almond butter, etc. while A&P has the best freshly ground cashew butter I’ve ever eaten.
6. How much time do you spend reading labels in the grocery store? I tend to buy the same things over and over. I read labels on everything that isn’t already familiar. I use my WW iPhone app a lot at the store. Thank you Weight Watchers!
7. Do you push your own grocery cart to the car and return it? I shop for one so most of the time I don’t bother with a cart at all. I should because by the time I get in line I have much more than I should be trying to carry with my hands. I look ridiculous. 😉
8. What is the one food item you always buy at the grocery store that you must have in the kitchen? Bananas, Fage 2% Greek yogurt, navel oranges, instant oatmeal and several other things. =)
9. Do you enjoy grocery shopping? Sure…it’s necessary so I do it, and sometimes I really enjoy it.
10. How often do you shop for groceries? I shop for groceries every few days. I never know what I’ll be in the mood for in the evenings.
Now it’s your turn to share your answers! Don’t forget to come back and leave a link in the comments! And have a happy Monday!