Uncategorized

It Doesn’t Take Much

After a few terribly challenging days, today has been fantastic.  Nothing particularly special happened, but I ate well, drank a lot of water and completed a 5k.  I made a giant pot of homemade chili, gave myself a manicure/pedicure and talked on the phone with a tall, handsome guy that I met last week.

I saw this color last year and never got around to buying it.  And last week, I was in a bead store on the Upper West Side when I met a fellow nail polish fanatic who sparked my memory of this incredible, bright blue color.  It’s called “Mesmerize” by Essie.

Is anyone else excited about the Royal Wedding happening this morning?  I’ve always kind of adored Prince William and think that Kate Middleton is beautiful so I’ve been completely sucked in for the last 12 hours or so.  What can I say?  I’m a girly girl, and it feels nice to relax and just be happy today so I’m doing it.

What color are your nails today? Will you watch the Royal Wedding?  And what’s for dinner?

Anesha
    April 29, 2011 at 5:22 am

Congrats on your 5k.. I adore that polish girl. I'm not to excited about the wedding but I will stay update..lol. My nails are lavendar "do you lilac it" by OPI. For dinner I had a Protein shake ( craving crab..lol) congrats on you entire weight loss ,love your blog. Stop by mine sometime I nEed some motivation its hard. (www.fattofab150.blogspot.com)

This Old Woman
    April 29, 2011 at 11:32 am

There's an award for you on my blog! Pass it on! 🙂

Tammy
    April 29, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I'm glad you had a good day yesterday! I got to go outside and walk, too. I didn't get to watch the royal wedding because I had to get to work early, but Catherine looked beautiful! I am jealous that she got to pad her dress at the hips! Yeah, mine are naturally padded! I never polish my fingernails, but my toenails are bright red! We are wearing pink today to honor a coworker (Kathryn – you made her a scarf) on her birthday. She has finished the worst of the chemo, but she still has surgery ahead. I made a strawberry cake (pink!) to share!

Maria_NJ
    April 29, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Hi Kenz, no polish on the nails, I work to hard with my hands, always outside playing in the dirt…etc, etc…
    I actually have to post a picture of my wedding 29 years ago, I think I am a fashionista!! My gown was similar to Kate's…lace sleeves and bodice!!
    it was a lovely service, she looked beautiful and they both looked so much in love, so not like Charles and Diana's wedding..

Whats for dinner tonight,,, ahhhh pizza for them a big salad and 1 slice for me!!!

Annie
    April 29, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I'm wearing some random OPI color right now from my manicure on our family vacation last week. It is a dark red and I don't really like it. The lighting at the spa was terrible! Oh well….tonight I plan on doing a french manicure with OPI Funny Bunny on my fingers and then some OPI Too Hot Pink To Hold 'Em on my toes.

I watched the wedding and loved it. I didn't wake up early for it, though…loving my DVR! 😉

Sita
    April 29, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Congrats on the 5k! I love polish! I've been neglecting my nails lately, but I need to get back on it! I'm not really excited about the Royal Wedding. I just wanted to see her dress! For dinner I wasn't really hungry last night, but I ate some veggie Chips. I thought something is better than nothing!

Ginny
    April 29, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Today my nails are natural! And yes I did watch the Royal Wedding, loved the dress.
    And dinner was a traditional roast with yorkshires – chicken,carrots,cabbage,peas,roast parsnips,mash,with onion gravy. Cheesecake with cornish ice cream. White wine oh no maybe I should delete this!! Love your blog.

Ms. PJ Geek
    April 29, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I got up at 5 am and wtched the wedding..fell asleep twice though..I'm doing my nails today .. I can't find my favorite Essie Demure Vixen..So will need to either by another one or blend together some pink / lilac…Yes I blend different colors in a little paper cup to come up with new colors…I'm so pickey. Have FUN!

Laurie
    April 29, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Glad you had just a regular day, how nice is that?

Roz @ weightingfor50
    April 29, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Wow….what a great day! Congrats on the 5K!!! LOVE the polish color. Have a good Friday. (and I was caught up in the royal wedding hoo hah BIG TIME. I've been up since 2:30am (I'm on the west coast).

135by2012
    April 29, 2011 at 7:44 pm

I am sad that I don't polish my nails anymore. I find the color doesn't last more than 2-3 days before it starts chipping, so I keep it natural. My toes do get lots of crazy polish colors though. Which reminds me, I am due for a pedicure.

I am obsessed with the royal wedding and woke up at 1am to watch. I went to work with about 3 hours of sleep, but I didn't care, it was beautiful and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

PlushBelle
    April 29, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I love Essie polish, and I am wearing Topless and Barefoot today. 🙂

Melissa Wolf
    April 29, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Glad today was a brighter day for you! Here too. To answer your questions–I caught a little of the wedding. Not a huge fan of the monarchy but hey, I like weddings and wish them luck. Nail polish–OPI Tijuana Pink, a very pale lilac on fingers and toes. And dinner? Not sure yet! But I'm trying to do a better job chewing really well…never realized how bad I was at that!

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    April 29, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I've been watching nothing but the wedding. I'm so very happy for them, Kate seems like a fantastic person and she look beautiful. Nail polish ALWAYS make me happy. Wearing a french done with Zoya Faye. Going to Ulta to get a dupe for a Channel color tomorrow… (Channel Orange Fizz= Essence "What do U think?" for $1)

lanae
    April 29, 2011 at 11:30 pm

So happy that you had a good day! I'm about to watch the whole wedding. I recorded it as the event started at 1 am my time. Oh my. And yea, she's beautiful and I giggled when I read she had to pad her hips. I saw a couple of things on line about the wedding. Nails are baby doll by Ulta. Not sure about dinner yet.

Drazil
    April 30, 2011 at 2:22 am

My daughter is wearing that blue and today I bought bright forest-y green and bright yellow – for my toes. I cannot wait to draw designs on them. Glad you are feeling better…you've had a rough few days. xoxo

DesertNails8
    April 30, 2011 at 3:49 am

I've on gold glitter polish. I love that blue color you have. And no, I didn't get up at 1:30 am to watch the Royal Wedding.

Brandi.
    April 30, 2011 at 3:45 pm

We had leftovers for dinner. Didn't watch the wedding, in fact, I avoided it at all costs. 🙂

And I just took the dark pearlescent red off my fingers. Looking for a new color, may have to head to the store. 🙂