PointsPlus Weigh-In weight loss Weight Watchers

Okay..I’m Sold…

If you read my blog, you already know that Weight Watchers helped me take the first step toward changing my life.  You may also know that I was sad/angry/bitter less than thrilled when they introduced the new PointsPlus program late last year.  I didn’t understand the science behind making fruits free, but, in truth, my mind just wasn’t ready for change.

Well, after following the PointsPlus plan for the last week, I am officially hooked.  It is incredible!  I felt all of the freedoms (and more)  that I felt when I started Weight Watchers at this time two years ago.  And I lost 5.8 pounds this week. 😉

My eating habits were similar to eating on the Momentum plan.  I ate chips, but I supplemented with fruits and vegetables.  The plan drove me toward healthier choices that I had let slide while counting calories.  Counting calories works too. I just felt lost and found myself eating more processed foods because the nutrition facts were readily available.

Part of my hesitation with the new plan was that I’d have to start over, memorizing new values for most foods.  In reality, it only took a few extra seconds to calculate the new PointsPlus values.  I became much more aware of my carbohydrates intake. It wasn’t difficult at all, and with the iPhone app there’s no excuse not to track everything!

Weight Watchers helped me lose the first 100, and I’m looking forward to letting them help me lose the rest.  I love this plan, and I love Weight Watchers.  Sometimes we have to accept change at our own pace, but I’m on board.  I’m moving forward, and I couldn’t be happier about it.

Amanda
    April 1, 2011 at 8:17 pm

That's great, Kenz 🙂 I'm really enjoying the PointsPlus system myself. After years (literally — like over 4) of calorie counting I knew just how to manipulate the counts and found myself eating more processed junk. WW has really been a blessing!

Wendy
    April 1, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I really like you saying you eat more ( I believe) processed foods as the nutrition info is more readily available! That has really struck home with me. It is way easier to look at a package and figure it put than weigh and measure but on the flip side it is certainly not as hard as being the size I am and how unhappy I am with it.

Marla
    April 1, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Congrats on your awesome loss! I think all of us who did a previous WW plan felt anger towards the new plan. You're right, it takes just a couple of more seconds to calculate the points totals and at some point you will remember them just like you did on Momentum.

Lisa
    April 1, 2011 at 8:36 pm

I am loving the plan as well. I find that it realloy helps me focus! I am so glad you are loving it 🙂

Maria
    April 1, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Ok, but the BIG question is, do they allow chocolate in there anywhere? 🙂 I just count calories, so if I need chocolate, I add it in to my calories. (Unless I'm having a really weak day and go crazy with it.) But 5.8 lbs in a week is really great! Congrats!

Maria

Quick Weight Loss
    April 1, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I realy like your blog!

| PN |
    April 1, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Sooo awesome! I am glad this new plan is working for you. 🙂

Trudy
    April 1, 2011 at 9:16 pm

I would agree with loving the plan. However, I started AFTER the new PointPlus system was implemented so a bit easier for me. I still say WW is the best tool out there!

Beth
    April 1, 2011 at 9:18 pm

I'm still loving WW Points Plus! And still discovering new ways that it is awesome.

Jess
    April 1, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Congrats on the great loss!

Low Cost High Style
    April 1, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Wow…what an awesome week you had!!! So glad your enjoying your new plan. 🙂 I sure hope I do well next week…this week I simply maintained all week and I'm really not sure why, which is frustrating. Hopefully next week will be better for me!

Chrissy
    April 1, 2011 at 9:42 pm

I am so glad you are sold on PP! You are the reason I joined WW in January and I am so grateful for your willingness to be open about your journey. Congrats on your -5.8!

kellyo
    April 1, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Good job on the loss! Are you doing WW online or are you going to meetings?

Chubby McGee
    April 1, 2011 at 11:24 pm

HOLY LORD! You're kicking BUTT!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you and happy FOR you! YES!!!!

Diet Chic ~ Jury
    April 1, 2011 at 11:27 pm

congrats! that's a great loss!! I just started WW this week too 🙂 I lost the first 40 lbs on my own with counting calories but I totally agree that I was starting to eat to much processed so this program works so much better!

Lyn @ Life Lyn Style
    April 2, 2011 at 12:12 am

Congrats on an awesome week!

Ms. Chunky Chick
    April 2, 2011 at 12:20 am

Yay Kenz! I know you are an amazing woman who is totally going to rock the points plus program! Wishing you all the best!!

J
    April 2, 2011 at 1:04 am

I TOTALLY needed to read this. I slipped into a funk these past two weeks. I needed some inspiration…you are it! Thanks!
    J

Roz
    April 2, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Woo Hoo. Way to go on the weekly weigh in. And YAY for Points Plus. I was a bit reluctant at first, but it DOES steer you to make better choices. Glad you like it!!! Have a great week.

Kimberly
    April 2, 2011 at 4:07 pm

That is awesome!! Congrats, K! So glad you are loving P+ (I think it is pretty awesome too!).

Patrick
    April 2, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Excellent news; 5.8 pounds is amazing!

Brittany
    April 3, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Yayyy!!! I'm so glad you decided to give the new program a try! so proud of you! <3

simplify411
    April 3, 2011 at 10:13 pm

OK – this is the post. This is the post that is making me log onto WW for the first time and sign up – wishing I had meetings in the area I live but online will do. Thank you for sharing your journey.

On a side note – just wondering – do you still use your BodyBugg?

erin m
    April 3, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Kenz, I'm a long-time reader, first-time commenter on your blog. I had to chime in because I'm so glad to finally see this post, girl! When I read your earlier posts about PointsPlus, I thought to myself that it was the fear of change that was really holding you back from trying the new plan.

I also had success on Momentum, and I have been struggling with PointsPlus because I think I was eating more simple carbs and commercially prepared foods that I was willing to admit. But I love how PPs encourages eating whole, natural foods and so I keep plugging away at it. I know it's the right thing to do for my body.

Congrats on a great loss this week. I look forward to reading about your continued success on WW!

Lisa
    April 5, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I don't do WW but I think it's a good program from what I know about it. I have several friends who were resistant to the new Points Plus program as well. The weight loss for them was immediate though and they were converted. I'm glad you gave it a try! Great loss!