A few weeks ago, I asked for your recipes with the promise to share a few of my favorites with everyone so here are a few that I’m anxious to try! To view the complete list of recipe submissions just click here. And, as promised, here are a few that seem easy and satisfying.
Misty‘s Recipe: Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu
* 4 servings boneless skinless chicken cutlets
* 4 servings thin sliced ham
* 2 servings laughing cow creamy swiss
* 1 serving part skim shredded mozzarella
* 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 2 large eggs
* 2 cups grated romano
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet with the olive oil (it doesn’t have to be extra virgin, even a cooking spray works fine).
2. Beat eggs and set aside. Salt and pepper to taste. *Note: You may also add a teaspoon of melted I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter substitute into the egg mix at your choosing.
3. Place a slice of ham on half of each of the chicken cutlets. Then slice the laughing cow cheese wedges in half, placing each half on top of the ham.
4. Fold each slice of chicken in half and secure with a toothpick if needed.
5. Dip chicken in the egg mixture then coat it with the romano cheese and place on the cookie sheet. (Grated parmesan also works)
6. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of each piece. Bake another 10-15 minutes until top is golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
7. Let cool for 5-10 minutes then serve and enjoy!
Check out Misty’s blog at: http://watchmistyshine.blogspot.com/ and say hi!
I have no idea where I obtained this but it is my hubbys fave and it is SO simple!
16 oz wheat rotini, cooked
1 or 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into small bitesize pieces
bunch of asparagus
saute chicken breast in olive oil. when chicken is about 3/4’s done, grate lemon zest of 1 lemon over top and juice lemons over top.
in the meantime, chop aspargus into bite size pieces, drizzel with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast
When all three are done, mix together and top with zest from last lemon and parmesan cheese to taste…
Check out Denise’s blog at: http://oneofthesedaysalma.blogspot.com/ and say hi to her too! =0)
Kimberly’s Recipe: Chicken Roll-ups
4 2-3 oz chicken breast tenderloins (flatten to about 1/4″ thick w/ meat tenderizer)
2 wedges of Laughing Cow Cheese*
dijon mustard or buffalo wing sauce
Lay the chicken flat, spread 1/2 of a LC cheese wedge over it. Roll up, coat with dijon mustard OR buffalo wing sauce, coat in bread crumbs. Secure with a tooth pick and place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
Repeat for all chicken pieces. Cover with foil, bake at 350 degrees F for 20, remove foil and back an additional 15 minutes.
* I like to use Garlic Herb LC cheese with the dijon mustard and Blue Cheese with the buffalo wing sauce.
Check out Kimberly’s blog at: www.fabfindsunder50.com and say hi!
Every recipe that was submitted looks delicious so be sure to check out the entire list in the comments section of that post. And feel free to share your favorite recipes with us because we can all use a little variety in our cooking.
I think I’ve just made myself hungry. 😉 What’s for dinner tonight?