Sometimes It’s the Little Things

Yesterday was such an incredible day.  Nothing extraordinary happened, but I felt like a rock star so I made a little video in an attempt to capture the moment.  It’s incredible what a couple days of sweaty workouts can do for a person.  I literally feel transformed! And instead of concentrating on what I wish I had done differently or how long it has taken to get to this point, I find myself appreciating what I have accomplished. Sometimes small accomplishments matter the most, and they definitely mattered most yesterday.

The video was recorded on my iPhone as it was getting dark after Megan and I did Level 3 of the 30-Day Shred and did two mile walk/run intervals so forgive me for the poor quality.

41 thoughts on “Sometimes It’s the Little Things

1. Miz

for me it is always the little things.
    it took me far far longer than friends to lose the weight I needed to BUT I just did babysteps every day…and still do.

It’s all Ive got 🙂

2. Nicky

I loved the video, Kenlie! You’re so right–there might be lots of work left to be done, but sometimes it’s really good to sit back and recognize how far we’ve come in the journey and how we can do things now we weren’t capable of before. Keep it up, I can’t wait to see you go ‘all the weigh’ and to do the same myself!

🙂

1. Kenlie Post author

Intervals are the best Angela..before I knew it, I could run over two miles. I can’t wait to say that about 10 miles. =)

3. Michelle

Awesome video, it is inspirational to see how far you’ve come. I’m so glad to hear that your mood improved, looks like you are doing some fantastic workouts. Looking forward to watching you go all the way!

4. Annie Weighs

You are a rock star! I’m impressed with how you can move your body the way you do. I can’t do those things as well as you! Thanks for the inspiration to get moving more and push myself to be more physically fit, not just thinner.

5. Melissa McNeese

Kenlie – you are doing it! You’re inspiring me. Keep focusing on how far you’ve come, keep setting your goals and you’re going to reach them all. I have no doubt.

6. Perri

Thanks for sharing your journey. I am so inspired to get up and start walking too. I have to wait a few more weeks though due to knee replacement. I hope to get on board and join the journey with you. You are a success because there are people like me out there who are watching you and you give us the courage to try. You are very motivating! THANKS! I’m behind ya! You WILL do it!

1. Kenlie Post author

Wow Perri..thank you! Hearing that makes my heart swell! I hope to hear that you’ve recovered nicely very soon!

7. Shelley

I think you are going about it TOTALLY the right way with exercise! I am exercising a lot these days and I can really tell a difference in my body AND mind/emotional state. I’ve lost weight before without exercise, and it’s just not the same.

1. Kenlie Post author

I have friends that have lost incredible amounts of weight with little or no exercise in their routine. I don’t know how they did it, but I don’t need to..this totally works for me. I’m happy to hear it’s working for you too!

8. Alexa

Love it! You are too cute. We’ll get you professionally video blogging in no time XD

(ooh, you should do a workout video series!)

9. Amanda

I just started working out last week…and you have totally inspired me! It’s not been the easiest part of losing weight, but I feel soo much better! Love your blog…you are amazing!! You look great! We will get there!!

10. Chrissy/Steelers6

Well that was fun! Thanks for that little glimpse.

I am so proud of you & excited right along with you.

It’s neat how so many ppl can relate to you, & how encouraging you are to ppl.

11. Me....online

Just started reading your blog recently. You are quite the inspiration, Lady! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the encouragment. Looking good!

1. Kenlie Post author

We will definitely have to consider doing a vlog in your new place! We’ll do a NY series then an LA series since we’re bi-coastal like that. =0)

1. Kenlie Post author

Wow Tasha! I’m honored! And I’m dying to know who the other person in the top 2 is! Will you share? =)

1. Kenlie Post author

She was my roommate at Fitbloggin’ this year. She is a jewel…and a rock star! Love her!