Uncategorized

What Do You Look Forward To?

I’ve talked about how my life has changed since I started losing weight, but I haven’t talked about it much lately. My body is capable of so many things that were impossible at almost 400 pounds!  I can run…I can do jump squats, side planks and many other things that I didn’t know would be possible at this point.  And the difference in my balance is astounding!

But I’m still looking forward to so many things!  I want to ride a roller coaster (once) just because I can fit.  I want to shop at stores that are not exclusive to plus-size shoppers though I am thankful for those stores like Sealed with A Kiss that keep me fashionable now!  And I want to run 5 miles on an average day…just because.

One thing that I’m looking forward to the most is wearing stilettos.  I wear heels now, but I stick to wedges for the most part because I won’t break the heel. 😉  I dream of the day that I can wear this classic pair of Manolo Blahnik heels, or  you know, a similar pair that costs less than $800.00.  Ha!

It’s just one example of something that I’m really looking forward to as I approach my goal.  I often say that if I had known that losing weight could be this rewarding, I would have started a long time ago.  I can do so many things that I couldn’t do before, and as my body shrinks the list of things that I can do with ease grows.

What’s on your list?  Have you lost weight and gained the ability to do things that seemed impossible previously?  Are you on your own journey…waiting for the day that you can do something that seems impossible now?  I want to hear about it!  Please take a moment tell me about the changes your experienced or hope to experience. I can’t wait to hear about it!

Alexa
    June 9, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Ok, personally I hate heels, but I know you will look fetching in your stilettos 😛

Hmmmm. Though I’m super body conscious and always will be… dagnabbit, I would like the ability to own a two piece bathing suit and feel like I could actually wear it. I would also really, really love (in my fantasy reality!) to be able to wear “backless” or sheer-in-the-back shirts/dresses — down with back fat! (though this is slightly unrealistic as I would also need to lose my boobs so I could go braless LOL)

And generally, I want to be 100% rid of “over the pants spillage” when I sit down. I wear shirts the flare out and/or cardigans to cover that area when I sit b/c I don’t want people to see.

June 9, 2011 at 11:04 pm

You always will be, huh? Hmmmmm, I think I’m going to have to work on you…hehe

Alexa
        June 9, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Should I be scared?

June 10, 2011 at 12:14 am

Probabably..a little..=)

Janece Suarez
    June 10, 2011 at 1:05 am

Oh! I totally forgot about HEELS! I wear heels a lot now, and regular sandals too! When I first started losing weight basically all I could wear were flip flops! Now I have 2 pairs of heeled boots, a pair of heels, a pair of wedge sandals and a pair of sneakers, BUT I think I need different sneakers for Zumba and Turbokick than I use for weights and walking, etc! =)

You keep up the hard work, Kenz!! You inspire me! =)

Janece
    @gourmetmama

June 10, 2011 at 1:08 am

Thanks Janece! I can’t wait to wear knee-length boots too…just since we’re still talking about shoes. =0)

Genna
    June 10, 2011 at 2:09 am

Another store that’s awesomely trendy for plus sizes is http://www.torrid.com. I’m not sure if it’s your style, but I figure I’d throw it out there :).

ps- I’m one of those secret readers that’s been keeping up with you for a while but never commented.

June 10, 2011 at 5:44 am

Thanks Genna! My friend, Heidi, has some awesome clothes from Torrid! I never remember to shop there though I did buy a few Twilight related articles of clothing. No, I’m not kidding. 😉

PS I’m glad you’re here, and I’m glad you spoke up! Thank you! =)

KJ
    June 10, 2011 at 2:29 am

I can’t wait to get new pjs and undergarments. I don’t like to spend the money on them now so I’m sleeping in tshirts and sweats 🙂 I can’t wait to be able to shop at a store with my friends, and to be able to shop for clothes in boutiques. I’m gonna be skinny and broke 🙂

June 10, 2011 at 7:06 am

Hahaha…well, I’m with you! You may have noticed the Manolo’s that I’m diggin’ in the post. 😉

Annie Weighs
    June 10, 2011 at 2:34 am

I wore heels for the first time in a long time for Easter this year. I nearly broke my ankle trying to walk in them, but I was determined to at least walk normally in them while at church and then promptly took them off once I got home. 🙂

There’s so much to look forward to, but I most look forward to the increased love of self. Sounds weird, I know, but as I get closer and closer to goal, I like myself a little bit more. I feel more like the old Annie who was always so full of spunk and energy and positivity!

June 10, 2011 at 7:06 am

Annie, you inspire me everyday!

Tasha@ LettuceMakesMeFat
    June 10, 2011 at 3:29 am

This might be out there but I can’t wait to get back down to a weight were I can skydive again. I used to do it a lot in college and I was taking classes to be a certified skydiver. But there are weight limits and I exceeded it. So I can’t wait for my first post weight loss jump!!

I could never walk in heals even when I weighed less so I’m not tempted by manolos…thank god! I’m sure you will look fantabulous in them, Kenz!

June 10, 2011 at 7:07 am

You can skydive, but you can’t wear heels? I would bet that you could do just about anything you want to do..ha..

Marla
    June 10, 2011 at 11:45 am

Just once on a roller coaster? They can be kind of addicting.

I’ve also been thinking about getting a pair of luxury heels when I reach my goal. Except mine will be Louboutin’s and they will be sparkly. But then I remember I can buy a DSLR camera for that price and practicality sets it.

My list of things I look forward to is running my first 5K next month, climbing a mountain that has been taunting me for the last 7 years and possibly going zip lining. I just need not to chicken out on the zip lining.

Michelle
    June 10, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I’d love to wear stilettos! But I can’t due to running related issues rather than due to my weight. Right now I’m looking forward to wearing lingerie without feeling like a complete phony. I just don’t feel like I can be “sexy” while wearing it, somehow it always turns into a joke. And bikinis, I want to look good in one rather than just half-decent.

Those Manolo Blahniks look gorgeous, grab a pair of Christian Louboutins too. I’ll live vicariously through you 🙂

Jodi
    June 10, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Hey there! I’ve been reading your blog for months but have never comment until I now. I seen this post and it hit a chord with me… About 3 years ago when I was 28 I went to get on a ferris wheel with my, then 10 yeaar old and the man had to put all his weight into getting it to fit around me. I remember thinking that I was never going to be able to do anything with my daughter again. I was over 300 lbs, wearing size 24 jeans and miserable… NOW… I’m a size 16, I’ve lost almost 100 lbs and I can do sooo much stuff with my daughter. I even bought a bathing suite (had not owned one in 12 years because I sure didn’t want to see me in it let alone anyone else)… The best things I have done so far (and there are so many more, becuase I’m not done yet)
    Ride ANY ride I want at the fair
    Wore a bathing suit
    Bought super cute langerie
    shopped at a store that didn’t have a plus section…..

Kris
    June 11, 2011 at 12:11 am

Oh yes! Shopping in regular stores was huge for me – being able to buy something really nice off the rack and not have to pay 3X as much for it!

And next week I’m running my first marathon… later this summer, I’m doing my first triathlon. Both things I NEVER, EVER thought I’d be able to do before I lost 100+ pounds. 🙂

Thanks for the inspiration Kenlie!

Angel
    June 11, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Hello…i been working on losing weight for about 10 months now and i ve lost 45lbs in those months..now i dont know if its a big deal or not but i feel good about myself…i m more confident in myself and the way i carry myself….i never wore dresses untill recently…i even started wearing makeup and i go to church now…i have just been changing myself inside and out just sinse i have lost what little bit of weight i did….oh and not to mention that i also got married to a wonderful man who has been by my side for the past 10 years….but there is just something about losing even that little bit of weight that made me feel so good about myself that it just blows my mind…a year ago i would not even think that i would be wearing heels and dresses or wearing makeup…i would have said noway to it all….
    Ever sinse March i have been walking around my neighbohood an hour every single evening…i have only missed maybe 2 nights of not walking when i was out of town…but i have since got a treadmill and i just took my walks indoors now and i got an incline when i walk now so its more resistance for me which is good….I really dont have a support group i rely on myself and my strong will power and lets not forget the power of God to help me do this everynight…i know most people only exercise 3 or 4 time a week but i figured it couldnt hurt to do it everynight and its been paying off…the hardest part is when i get into a dead area where i m doing all the work but my weight is staying the same which is where i m at now and its hard to keep going but i do anyway….
    well thanks for listening just wanted to share my story

Angel