Exercise Healthy Eating Lifestyle weight loss

Breakfast and Other Stuff

It’s Wednesday which means you can find me talking about breakfast and other things today at Attune Foods.   And if you want to join me in the Summer Breakfast swap, just click here to claim your free box of cereal, and let me know so I know you’re doing it too!  And on a related note, take a minute to say hi to my Summer Breakfast Swap people and friends, Mel and Jess.  You can find Mel at www.melgetsfit.com, and Jess can be found at www.toobig.net.  If you’re not reading their blogs, you’re missing out!

I had another stellar day of eating and exercise today. Throughout the course of the day I consumed several fruits and veggies, a couple servings of lean protein and lots of fiber and water. I also walked today. I didn’t jog or do strength training, but I walked. My body was sore from the hardcore workouts I’ve done in the last few days so I’m happy with my efforts.

So many people struggled last week. How’s it going this week? Is it easier? Are you still struggling? What’s different?

Katie
    July 20, 2011 at 3:44 am

I was thinking of you when I painted my nails yesterday. They are finally strong and long enough to actually look nice with color. Sounds like your eating and workouts are going well. What are you favorite summer fruits? I have been getting two containers of strawberries and one of blueberries each time I shop. Strawberries are my absolute fav!

Have a great day!

PS I love your glasses!

July 20, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Same here – strawberries and blueberries are my favorite, but I have to add watermelon to the list..and I love bananas all year. =)

I love it that you thought of me when you were painting your nails. That is just awesome. =)

Miz
    July 20, 2011 at 5:51 am

Im really enjoying the videos but this week? for you? Im ADORING THE USE OF THE WORD STELLAR!!!

July 20, 2011 at 2:01 pm

PlumPetals
    July 20, 2011 at 5:58 am

Loving your posts!
    Glad to hear you’re doing well with both food and exercise – I feel like I’ve been in a bit of a rut because of I’ve got some sort of flu/bronchitis thing going on — and that definitely doesn’t make my workouts any easier. I took 2 days off and will attempt the gym today and hope that it goes well!

Like Miz, I love the use of the word Stellar 🙂

Have a fab day!!

July 20, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Stellar is my favorite word. =)

DogsMom
    July 20, 2011 at 7:59 am

Jess’ link gives me a “Gnarly 404” message and redirects me back to your site.
    I will check out what a breakfast swap is as that is my toughest meal to handle.

July 20, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I”m getting the same message! I know that Jess was planning a move to self-hosting, but I didn’t realize he meant today! Try his blog again soon. I’ll try to post something letting everyone know when it’s back up! 🙂 Thanks for the heads-up though! It really helps to know when something isn’t working right…

Maria @ my waist loss journey
    July 20, 2011 at 8:41 am

Hey Miss, I know, I know, I have been really awful, with not keeping up with everybloggy. I am one of the ones that you are talking about, I have been struggling awful, but the weight has remained the same, just not losing. So I guess that is somewhat good, the maintaining part. But I do want to get that scale moving again. You on the other hand sound fantastic. I need to stay around you more and get some new motivation. Keep it up girlie!!!

July 20, 2011 at 1:46 pm

You’re not awful! You’re the opposite of awful, in fact. And yes, maintaining is way better than gaining, of course! I’ve experienced the same things lately, but I’m ready to start losing again too….we can, and we will.

nikkianne
    July 20, 2011 at 9:35 am

Today I ran 2/3 up a hill that a month ago I was struggling to walk up! I feel awesome

July 20, 2011 at 1:46 pm

That is just AWESOME….Congrats NikkiAnne! I love love love hearing that!

Tammy
    July 20, 2011 at 9:55 am

The past couple of days have been great! I’ve been eating my fruits and vegetables, good lean protein, doing my upper body strength training, and walking. I weigh in this morning, so we’ll see how that part is going. It’s good to hear that you are back on track, as well!

July 20, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I already know that you had a good weigh-in, and I’m thrilled to hear it! It’s incredible what we can do if we’re willing to go for it, isn’t it? I’m looking forward to a good weigh-in on my new day – Monday.

Patty (135by2012)
    July 20, 2011 at 10:22 am

I was still struggling this week, but going to Slimmons last night put me back into the right mindset and I feel so much better. I already have the luch packed and am getting ready for my bran cereal this morning. I think I will finish the week like a star. 🙂

July 20, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Slimmons will do that for you, won’t it? 🙂 I’m so glad you went and even happier to hear that you’re back on the ball. Keep it up Patty!!!

Kris
    July 20, 2011 at 12:45 pm

This week is a struggle week for me – I stopped tracking (DUMB!), have worked two 14+ hour days, and am currently up 2.5 pounds in 4 days. It may be water weight, it may be lack of sleep ( only 5 hours a night, not enough!), or I may be making excuses, but it has to STOP RIGHT NOW!

Thanks for the motivation, Kenlie!

July 20, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Yep…let’s just move forward Kris….definitely.

Joan
    July 20, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Well I don’t usually blog much; just starting I guess; I walked again yesterday and hoping I can keep up the walking routine. I walked a mile but I had to stop every time I made a lap around the track. I am almost 60 but I am a slower but I made it around yesterday even though I stopped every lap. But today I will go again at my own pace and I will notice a change as the month goes on. Whatever pace we go the key is to keep going even though I make ever excuse in the book to stop. In the winter it’s too cold , in the summer it’s too hot, in the springtime when the weather is right; there’s always something else to do. We can find all the excuses we need, but if we keep going no matter how long it takes to make that mile, we will get faster as time goes on. Let’s make a conscious effort to walk today, I will. Thanks Kenlie for helping you old mom! LOL

July 20, 2011 at 2:04 pm

You do more for me than I could ever ask….anytime Mom. We’ve got this! 🙂

Joan
    July 20, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Well I don’t usually blog much; just starting I guess; I walked again yesterday and hoping I can keep up the walking routine. I walked a mile but I had to stop every time I made a lap around the track. I am almost 60 but I am a slower but I made it around yesterday even though I stopped every lap. But today I will go again at my own pace and I will notice a change as the month goes on. Whatever pace we go the key is to keep going even though I make ever excuse in the book to stop. In the winter it’s too cold , in the summer it’s too hot, in the springtime when the weather is right; there’s always something else to do. We can find all the excuses we need, but if we keep going no matter how long it takes to make that mile, we will get faster as time goes on. Let’s make a conscious effort to walk today, I will. Thanks Kenlie for helping your old mom! LOL

July 20, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I just noticed that I said I’d leave a link at the bottom of my post, and I left it at the top. Oops! 😉

Melissa
    July 20, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I just got my coupon to join you in the breakfast swap! This week has been hard for me so far as I haven’t prepared my own meals at home the past couple days. But today that changes! I’m in the last week of my accountability adventure and I’m determined to make it count!

July 20, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Excellent Melissa! I just forwarded your email and info to Attune! =) So glad you’re making the change too!

Ximena
    July 20, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Hi Kenlie,
    I just posted the I’m with Kenlie link on my blog, I hope I can try the cereal it sounds like a great alternative. Take care and keep up the good workouts!
    Ximena

July 20, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Yay! I just notified Attune! I’m going to check out your blog now!

Review: Attune Foods Uncle Sam and Erewhon Cereals | The Journey to Marvelous
    July 20, 2011 at 8:25 pm

[…] Swap right now, and she’s posted a link to get a coupon for a free box of Uncle Sam! Click right here to read Kenlie’s latest Breakfast Swap recap and then click through to Attune Foods to sign up […]