Fashion Forward

I’ve spent a lot of time reflecting on my body and my weight lately.  And while I’ve come to the conclusion that I need to amp up the loss, I’ve also begun to realize that I like myself.  I no longer see a horrifyingly ugly person when I look in the mirror, and I’m no longer the girl who tries to hide inside her clothes.  I no longer purchase clothes simply because they fit.  I’m changing, and as I change,  my style is evolving.

I’ve always loved dresses.  If you read my blog, you already know that wearing a dress can transform my mood and attitude almost instantly making me feel more confident and all-around awesome.  So it probably won’t surprise you that I’m going to be blogging on Thursdays for my favorite plus-size retailer, Sealed with a Kiss Designs!

Wearing the Victoria Dress from Sealed with a Kiss

Obviously, I’ll still be blogging here on Thursdays too!  I’m just so excited to explore and define my fashion sense as I continue to embrace myself now even though I’m still heavier than I’d like to be. . I can feel pretty, and Sealed with a Kiss opened the doors to their warehouse for me before my Today Show appearance in May to make sure that would happen.  It worked.  I felt like a one-girl revolution in the Victoria Dress, and I’m going to talk about that in depth on Thursday.

I hope you’ll join me in my plus-size fashion exploration!  And I hope you’ll explore Sealed with a Kiss and the Sealed with a Kiss blog.  If you do, I’m quite sure that you’ll love them as much as I do!

17 thoughts on “Fashion Forward

1. MrsFatass

Oh I’m so glad you’re doing this!

I feel the same way you do about dresses. And I’ve always hated how it seemed like designers didn’t thing big girls wanted trendy or pretty clothes. I wear bikinis – and do you KNOW how hard it is to find a good plus sized bikini for pete’s sake?

Anyway, you look beautiful, and I’m sure you would no matter what you wore. However – the clothes ROCK too!

1. Kenlie Post author

I LOVE it…and yeah, I like the idea of feeling polished and fashionable even though I’m not a size 6 so SWAK is a great match for me. =)

2. Lisa

Those are such pretty clothes & reasonably priced, too!!!

I hate looking for something cute plus sized and only finding something that looks like its for someone who is extremely old or extremely pregnant.

1. Kenlie Post author

I know what you mean…it can be very frustrating, but times have changed! There are better options, and I’m looking forward to showing you! =)

3. Roxie

How does sizing rate ? I’d love to try buying stuff online, but returning is such a pain. Sizes are so different. Examples: I’m in an 18/20 at Avenue, 20/22 at Lane Bryant and 1X at Old Navy. I never know what to get!

1. Kenlie Post author

I currently wear a 4, and I basically wear 22/24 at Avenue and 26/28 at Lane Bryant on bottom and 22/24 on top…sizes are tough, but I’ll definitely be talking about it so stay tuned! 🙂

4. Becca

Can I give you a compliment?

I am much bigger than the average woman, and when I read your blog, it gives me the motivation to start doing something, even something simple like choosing something different to put on my plate. I also took a giant leap today and ordered a dress. I have not ordered a dress since I married my husband in 2000. I cannot see myself in one, not at my weight, but my nephew is getting married, and I do not want to look or feel disappointing. I went to the site you mentioned today and made my purchase. I am hoping that this is just the start of many more small steps to me feeling like me again.

Thank you..

5. Jodi

Kenlie,
    It matters more how you feel about you then anything else. You are far from ugly! I wanted to share something with you I experienced a few weeks ago. I went to visit a friend of like 33 years recently. They had a get together and a person at the party non chalantly told me that her 15 year old son was ashamed to be seen with his aunt because she was overweight. I had met this aunt and she was MAYBE 40 lbs overweight. I lost it. I mean I lost it. I asked her if she slapped his face when he dared to speak badly of his aunt who is a sweet person that adores him. She looked shocked. She actually defended his behavior and said that all teenagers are like this. I almost ripped her head off verbally. Of course she had no idea I used to be over 400 lbs. I told her that it was parents like her that don’t teach their children to be kind to everyone that create bullies. She was a little offended but I just couldn’t help myself. I couldn’t believe that a parent would be horrified of their child’s behavior towards his own relative. I left it by saying that if she didn’t teach her child someone in the real world would. He might pick on the wrong person and I wished she would handle his issues at home vs. him getting the heck beat out of him by someone bigger then him….anyways I just wanted to share. I stood up for the old me.

Jodi

6. OBD Connector

ELM327 OBD-II OBD2 CAN USB Interface Diagnostic Tool is pretty effortless to use. Just turn your laptop or computer into a vehicle diagnostic program. This vag tacho interface with software included is all you will need. Works for most of cars after 1996. It can read and clear all diagnostic trouble codes. Display all of the live information of your vehicle.