Checking In

A 24-hour period without the internet can throw me into a frenzy of withdrawl.  Is anyone else addicted to technology? (Come on, I know you are too!)

I’ve been off the radar for a few days as I find myself traveling and trying to figure out the next step.  Financially and otherwise, it didn’t make sense to stay in L.A. right now because of some unexpected things so I’m going to regroup and make a new plan.  I’ll keep you updated.

Right now I’m tired from traveling which isn’t over yet so I’ll share some of my thoughts, fears and hopes later this week – including my thoughts on becoming a vegetarian, my new workout plans, my desire to go back to therapy and my future.  Friend Makin’ Mondays will be back in the rotation next week too.

I just need a little time to readjust.  I hope you’re having a good week and that you’ll be back to weigh-in with your opinions on the ideas that are swirling in my head.

12 thoughts on “Checking In

1. Sierra

Bummer! But I know you will make lemonade out of lemons. 🙂 Keep us updated! 🙂

P.S. You’re becoming a vegetarian?! Yay! Soooooo cool! 😀

2. Laura

I know I don’t comment often but I do try to stop by as often as I can, and I had noticed you didn’t post yesterday – it concerned me! Glad to know everything is ok though. I am guessing based on your post that you have left LA and are headed back east? I’m sorry things didn’t work out (I’m assuming here) but just remember that whenever one door closes, another opens and that “every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” Looking forward to your updates.

3. mary

dearest kenlie
    you have been on my mind the past few days
    i know change is difficult, especially when you find that the pieces
    of the puzzle you are making do not fit the way you thought
    know you are thought of with such admiration each and every day by so many
    and if it is not said aloud ~so many are behind you whispering in your ear
    ‘you can do it, do it for you, do what is best for you’
    what ever that may be. do it for you 🙂

4. Jane

Even worse that the withdrawal is the extended time it takes me to catch up when I am back on. I identify!

Vegetarian, hmmm. It takes a huge commitment to educate yourself on the minerals and protein combinations needed to remain in a metabolic state that is conducive to weight loss. I know someone who was 230 when she started and gave it up when she reached 300. It turned out that there was a lot more to healthy eating that giving up meat. She hasn’t dropped her pounds again yet but I support her efforts. She is not hiding behind a label that is not working for her.

Sorry to read that you may be leaving LA. I hope your next move is the best move for you. I look forward to your next adventure.

Jane~
    Keepingthepoundsoff.com

5. JoAnn

Hi Kenz, what happened? I thought you had an apartment and a job in LA? You sounded so happy working out with Richard and after your vacation to LA a few months ago. I hope everything works out for the best.

6. Peg

I like red meat too much to ever eliminate it completely, but there was a point where I ate very little meat and felt amazing. I’m trying to cut back and add more veggies, fresh fruit, and fish. Here’s to a healthier us!

7. angela

I dint think I could maintain vegetarianism long term but a few days a week, I could do that. Good for you.

So, out of LA? I am new to your blog, but didn’t you just move there? Do you have to pack everything up again, change jobs? You ll be great, you’re always upbeat

8. Lisa

I was hoping you were OK! Taking mental health days is perfectly OK in my book!

Good luck on trying vegetarian. I could never do it. I like meat too much! And a direct quote from my husband “I grew up poor, eating beans & taters. Now I can afford meat. And I will eat meat!” So I guess he won’t go vegetarian, either!