Sad Truth

Tonight I feel like giving up…I won’t, but I feel like it.  So many things have gone wrong in the last 36 hours that I still can’t really wrap my head around it all.  I am not happy, and I am not okay.  I just hope tomorrow is better.

That is all…

Michelle
    August 23, 2011 at 3:04 am

Sometimes it’s hard. Really hard. But I don’t believe for one minute that you truly feel like giving up. I have seen more strength and determination from you than anyone I know. Tomorrow will be a better day. You will wake up knowing that you didn’t give up when it got tough.

August 23, 2011 at 4:36 am

Nah…I suppose I don’t. It’s just been a terrible day, and I’m dramatic. Maybe tomorrow will be better..

Michelle
        August 23, 2011 at 7:44 am

The terrible days are the hardest and sometimes the most painful to get through BUT after they have gone they leave a little bit of strength in us that we didn’t have before. ((I am going to stop sounding so tacky now!)).

Ryan Yewell
    August 23, 2011 at 3:47 am

You are becoming a stronger and wiser everyday, and these rough seas are forcing you to build a stronger a deeper keel, so that you will soon be able to withstand any storm of suffering! 🙂

Find strength in your friends, your family, and they will help you find strength in yourself…

Ryan

David (Keep it up, David)
      August 23, 2011 at 4:14 am

Ugh, Ryan, barf. You call that poetry?
      THIS is poetry:
      All good poetry rhymes *something* with “Himalayas.” That’s the #1 rule of poetry. Look it up.

David

Ryan Yewell
        August 23, 2011 at 4:48 am

I wouldn’t have believed if I hadn’t looked it up myself. Why didn’t someone tell me this years ago!? 🙂

August 23, 2011 at 4:37 am

LLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL That is all. =0)

August 23, 2011 at 4:38 am

Ry, I already said what I wanted to say over email…love it. =)

kim { notcrazy }
    August 23, 2011 at 6:14 am

you’ve come SO (!) far, you will overcome this, too.
    i hope today is much better for you already!
    *hugs* from germany! 🙂

Kelly, Future Thin Girl
    August 23, 2011 at 7:26 am

Giving up is not an option. And things will get better, I promise! Love you.

Sarah
    August 23, 2011 at 8:25 am

Oh no! Don’t give up. You’ve come so far, but I understand how you are feeling. Even with so few words in your post, I can totally tell the place you are in. I was in that place all summer. I’m glad you realize that wanting to give up a feeling, but really giving up is not an option. I hate the phrase “one day at a time”, but you really just need to follow that phrase. I hope you start feeling better and I hope things start going your way again.

Sarah
    notaneffingdiet.blogspot.com

Laura
    August 23, 2011 at 9:01 am

🙁 We have all felt that way! I know you don’t truly want to give up. I hope today is a better day for you.

Kris
    August 23, 2011 at 9:45 am

So few words, but the pain is obvious. (((HUGS))). Sometimes stuff goes wrong, and sometimes we treat it with food. So long as we stop, reassess, and start over, then it’s a small speed bump in life. 🙂

I can’t know where you are right now, but most of us have had some incredibly low, challenging moments in our lives and our weight loss journeys. Remember that people love you, and more importantly – remember to love yourself!

auntiekim
    August 23, 2011 at 10:06 am

Yeah, those days suck. I’m sorry you’re having a bad one. It will get better though. Promise. **hugs**

Fat in Suburbia
    August 23, 2011 at 10:10 am

Hoping that today is better for you {{{HUG}}}

Amanda
    August 23, 2011 at 10:37 am

Oh I hate days like that! You’re sounding a bit better in the comments, and I’m glad to see it. Hang in there, girl.

OperaWife
    August 23, 2011 at 10:56 am

What EVERYONE else said, plus a big ol’ Texan hug from me!! Hang in there, pretty girl! You are inspiring SO many people, including myself! And your FMM posts have made every week start off so much better for me now that I’m playing! Today WILL be a better day!

SKM
    August 23, 2011 at 10:57 am

DO NOT GIVE UP. You inspire so many people … including me. So … take a deep breath, shake the past 36 hours off and remember … you can do whatever you set your mind to do.

Brooke
    August 23, 2011 at 11:02 am

When I want to give up, I think of my grandmother. She has survived cancer three times and survived one of her daughters (who died from cancer), she lost two babies before having my dad, they have always been……….well…….poverty (if I’m being honest-though we all help where we can) and she has now been non mobile in the bed for 5 years now due to several strokes. We talk about my weight together (that whole side of my family struggles with weight) and she always makes me smile with her determination when she says, “It took me 28 years to lose 100lbs.” Chances are she will never be mobile again (I say chances b/c miracles have happened), but she holds on to the determination and faith that she will walk again. If she can go through all that and still be determined………….so can I.

KCLAnderson (Karen)
    August 23, 2011 at 11:25 am

It’s ALL part of the process…hang in there and remember we’ve got your back!

suzanne
    August 23, 2011 at 11:36 am

I am so sorry your hurting!! “hugs”
    Hope today is a lot better.

Duveen
    August 23, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Don’t give up. Don’t give up. Don’t give up. Sometimes we just have to literally slog our way through the bad times, not looking any further ahead than the next step. And you can’t look backwards either, and fall into the trap of thinking “I should have been so much further along by now than I am.” Just keep on doing the next thing. That’s all you can do. Eventually, you get to a better place, you gather some momentum again, things start to fall into place. But the interim … the struggle to get back to that place where things looks more positivie … man, that’s so hard. I’m going to send you a link to one of my very favorite poems (with an English translation, too). It has gotten me through some pretty rough times, and it hangs on my cubicle wall where I can see it every single day. My favorite lines are

“You must live within yourself
    and consider the whole of your life,
    all of its million possibilities, its broadness and future,
    in light of which there is nothing past nor lost.”

Maybe this will help you as much as it has helped me.

Don’t quit 🙂

Bella
    August 23, 2011 at 1:29 pm

I saw one of your tweets from last night – those people with the kid were just stupid. I’m sorry you had such a bad day, but hopefully today is going much, much better.

teresa
    August 23, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I’m so sorry to hear this.
    You’ve had so much going on and a huge transition with this move.
    You’ve handled everything and been so active and adventurous. i don’t know what the last 36 hours have been, but I hope you’ll just be kind to yourself and that you have the support you need.
    take care.

Heather
    August 23, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I hope it is not about a boy.. they are dumb 🙂
    That was so profound for a 40 year old married stay at home mom to say, but it is all I’ve got at the moment 🙂
    chin up, pretty!
    🙂

Steelers6
    August 23, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I’m sorry.

Tanya
    August 23, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Don’t give up Kenlie! Praying that things improve quickly for you. Sending blogger hugs your way!!

Jane
    August 23, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Things always look better with time and distance. Give yourself a few days but continue doing the next right thing in the meantime. Giving up only keeps you where you do not want to be.

Jane~
    Keepingthepoundsoff.com

MB
    August 26, 2011 at 12:00 am

Keep the faith that things will get better. You will get through whatever it is stronger. Hang in there.