Slimmons and More…

Yesterday was lovely from start to finish!  I started the day with a workout – Richard Simmons’ Party Off the Pounds.  Then I met up with Gail from Shrinking Sisters and her lovely family.  They came to Beverly Hills to look around and enjoy lunch with me before heading to Slimmons.

I ate a chicken panini with fruit salad, and Gail and I took pictures of our food, of course.  She even took a picture of me taking a picture of our food.  Being friends with Gail is easy because I never have to explain that I want to take a picture for my blog. 😉

And after an afternoon of walking around, my aunts and I made our way to Slimmons along with Gail where we saw Heidi, Patty, Michelle and other awesome people like Richard Simmons. =0) He’s just as fabulous as he was last time I was with him, and I can’t wait to see him again this weekend.

I started my day with a workout, walked a few extra miles and finished with an awesome workout with Richard.  And on the way home, I loaded up on lean meats, produce and healthy snacks.   I exercised like a champ, and now it’s time to refocus on making healthy food choices (again.)

How are you workouts this week?  What’s for dinner?

Miz
    August 12, 2011 at 5:19 am

I love Gail, too.

#thatisall

#okitisnot

#haveafantasticweekend

August 12, 2011 at 2:58 pm

You too Miz! <3

Katie
    August 12, 2011 at 5:43 am

Glad your first few days in LA have been good! We are in the process of moving too and I always find it hard to eat well and keep an exercise routine during really busy and stressful times like this. Good for you for being in a new place and getting it done!!

KT

August 12, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Where are you moving Katie?! Are you back in the states?!

Maria @ my waist loss journey
    August 12, 2011 at 9:11 am

Hey honey, how are ya?? You seem OK, you love it don’t you?

August 12, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Hi Maria…I’m okay…I love parts of it…Miss the northeast though and miss my family too…

Brooke
    August 12, 2011 at 9:15 am

I’ve learned, just recently, that I need to change my workouts periodically. This is not only b/c my body gets used to them, but I get bored. So, after doing the gym for a while (during my points problem time) and not seeing results I tried the pool. Bathing suits make me revert back to when I was a child a teased about my weight and its really an emotional issue to move past. We have a indoor pool at work (I work at a college), so when they opened it I pull on my skirtini and went. I re-learned some swimming methods and got up to 50 laps in about hour and 10 mins. They had to close it down b/c they are gearing up for our new swim team, so I had to go back to the gym. My body has to get use to having to support my weight again while exercising, so I’m kinda back to square one with a couple of 30 mins workouts a week (I have lower back issues, so I have to be really careful or I won’t be exercising at all). Since I work at a college, we kinda get use of the facilities and when they have exercises classes for the students we get to take them too. Last Fall they had Zumba and I was really scared about it b/c of the high impact. But I adjust some things to help me not hurt myself, but still get a good 45 min. cardio workout. I hope they do it again this year, it will be another change I need. I also hope the new swim coach my set some public hours for the pool, so I can add that in too.

I’m traveling this evening so dinner will not be the best, but I can tell you that I used the Skinny recipe website for a great tomato “sauce” addition to my chicken the other night. I added some spinach to it for some green power. It was the tomato recipe (kinda like a bruchette) on top of seared grilled chicken tenders and I melted a slice of swiss cheese on top. Yum. Be careful with the garlic though….lol

August 13, 2011 at 4:07 am

Wow! That sounds delicious…and in my world, there’s no such thing as too much garlic. 😉

Lisa
    August 12, 2011 at 11:44 am

That is SO cool that you get to work out with Richard Simmons! I’ve seen your pics with him, but I just wanted to say that.

Last night we had Alaskan salmon steaks – they came out SO good & it was DH’s first time attempting fish on the grill. I roasted up a bunch of squash & baby potatoes to go with it. Om nom nom nom!
    Tonight is spaghetti made with all the good stuff – whole wheat pasta, etc. And its something DD13 will eat, since she’s going thru a spell where she only wants to eat junk.

August 13, 2011 at 4:08 am

Alaskan salmon steaks sounds amazing…yum!

Laurie
    August 12, 2011 at 4:26 pm

You look darn happy, I understand the missing, but if I hadn’t read that in the comments above I would have thought you were head over heels California Girl.

August 13, 2011 at 4:09 am

Aww thanks Laurie! I’m glad to know that..:)

Mandy
    August 12, 2011 at 5:24 pm

You got to exercise with Richard Simmons? OMG that’s so cool!

That’s so funny about not having to explain why your taking pictures. I just started my blog over at thefatgirlsguidetolife.com and taking pictures sometimes makes me feel silly. But I wouldn’t give it up for anything because I love the accountability.

August 13, 2011 at 4:09 am

Yep..back later today to workout with him again.

I love pictures too..always have. 🙂

Trinity
    August 12, 2011 at 7:40 pm

So glad you are enjoying LA. I made good exercise choices today but not so good food choices. oops. Tomorrow is a brand new day!

August 13, 2011 at 4:10 am

Yep…tomorrow is a new opportunity to make good choices. 🙂

Sarah
    August 12, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I’ve not started taking pictures of my food, but I do write everything down. I’ve often thought of typing out a statement to just hand out for people to read when they ask why I’m writing things down and eating a certain times! It would be much easier than trying to explain the same thing over and over!

Sarah
    notaneffingdiet.blogspot.com

August 13, 2011 at 4:10 am

hahaha you get used to it, and people (for the most part) stop asking..but I totally understand..:)

Me....online
    August 13, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Life looks good for you! That’s greatness.

Never caught that you had a Longhorn connection. As a former Texas girl, I have to ask “What’s the story?”

dad
      August 14, 2011 at 3:13 pm

maybe that her dad is a texan. that’s me

August 15, 2011 at 2:52 am

LOL….so true Dad! Love you and Hook’em!

Bella
    August 14, 2011 at 12:09 pm

This past week was all about swimming and walking for me. I didn’t go to the gym once, but I still got in some really good calorie burns, which was nice. Looking towards the coming week – spinning, turbo kick (kick boxing), and more swimming!

And what’s for dinner is a great question – I’m heading to Trader Joe’s later this morning to find out!!

August 15, 2011 at 2:53 am

I love Trader Joe’s…sometimes too much! It’s nice to be back in close proximity of one after being far away for a few months…:)

Way to go on the workouts…the gym certainly isn’t the only way..sounds like you’re doing great!