Uncategorized

Time For Bed

I didn’t sleep much Sunday night, and my alarm went off at 3:50 am this morning. I have to be up at 4:15 tomorrow morning.  I’ve had very little sleep in the last few days, and I’m spent.  And while I have several thoughts swirling around in my head, I’m not up to sharing them right now.  I’m tired, and I know that rest is an important part of healthy living – a part that I’ve neglected over the last few days.

So…I’m off to sleep.  How many hours do you sleep each night?

Miz
    August 3, 2011 at 5:57 am

rest IS so important.
    I wish I didnt need much sleep but I do.
    seven.
    always.

August 3, 2011 at 1:21 pm

When I wrote this post I was actually wondering how much sleep you get per night…I’m glad I know now! I’m going to shoot for 7 too…

fatpenn
    August 3, 2011 at 7:00 am

Omg…ken…….i had the same problem last nite. I just couldnt sleep.. i dont know what was wrong with me. I think its because i have too much on my mind. I tried and tried to get some shut eyes but just couldnt go to la la land. And this morning I feel the wrath of a sleepless nite. well i will try and sleep now…….lets all try to get some sleep people…very vital

August 3, 2011 at 1:22 pm

It’s been hard to shut my brain off too..I have so much to do in so little time..cliche, but very fitting for my life right now. =0)

Corinthe
    August 3, 2011 at 8:20 am

As many as possible-unfortunately it takes longer to wind down these days, last night I had 4 hours, but the day before that I had 10. I have to try to regulate that…

August 3, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Yeah, that would be a good thing for me too….I sleep so little these days then crash out for 10 hours..not cool at all, I know…but it’s changeable…just need to work on it. =)

Heather
    August 3, 2011 at 8:51 am

I agree – rest is really important and I need to figure out a way to get just a bit more, but right now I’m averaging 6 1/2 hours or 6 hours, 45 minutes. Hang in there!

August 3, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I feel like that would be a good start for me…I don’t think I’m cut out to sleep much longer than that..at least now..?

Sarah
    August 3, 2011 at 10:23 am

Rest is important.. but I’m always wondering if it REALLY is bad for you to get too much rest.. honestly, I get 9 -10 hours a night.. but I mostly feel super tired when I wake up, so I’m thinking I may have to start scaling back on those numbers..

August 3, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I feel groggy after sleeping that long too. I suppose, like everything else, sleep should be done in moderation. I wish I knew the magic number, but I’ll have to keep trying to figure it out too!

Lisa
    August 3, 2011 at 10:51 am

I’m usually in bed around 10:30ish and the alarm goes off at 5:30. On the weekends the hubby & I are such party animals that we can occasionally force ourselves to stay awake until after SNL, but we’re still usually up around 8 or 9.

Unless we’re talking about my 13 year old – that kid has always been an awesome sleeper. She’ll go to sleep and be dead to the world for easily 12 hours, or until I say something to her. I only have to call her once in the a.m. and she’s up.

August 3, 2011 at 1:26 pm

LOL party animals! 😉

Kris
    August 3, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Ugh – sleep is an issue for me. I need more than I get. I feel best when I get about 7 hours consistently, but I usually get 5.5-6. Then, on a day like today I get to sleep in but wake up feeling groggy after 8 hours, because I’m still suffering from the deficit.

Working shift work just adds to the problem. 🙁

August 3, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I slept for 1.5 hours last night…then napped for 20 minutes this morning. I’m not usually this inconsistent, but with so much to finish, I’m running on fumes…Will finish up today and sleep tonight..at least, that’s my goal! 🙂

Lynn M
    August 3, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I have had insomnia on and off for three years. It started when I was having severe neck problems, then I had three neck surgeries in two years, and it just snowballed from there. I have tried over the counter and prescription medication and they all have their side effects, so I just try and deal with it myself.
    Kenlie, I am sure once your life is a bit less complicated you will fall back into a more regular sleep schedule. Stress is so evil!!

August 4, 2011 at 2:27 am

I think you’re right Lynn, and I’m looking forward to that…

KCLAnderson (Karen)
    August 3, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Usually eight or nine hours although I can get by on less if I have to, at least for one day.

nikkianne
    August 3, 2011 at 7:05 pm

I need at least 8 hours of sleep. Right now I am probably getting closer to 10, but it is interrupted sleep – I blame the cats! 🙂

August 4, 2011 at 2:27 am

Darn kittehs!

MB
    August 3, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Some days I feel no matter how many hours I get it’s never enough. I shoot for 7 hours but probably average 6. Sweet dreams….

August 4, 2011 at 2:28 am

Time to dream again now, I think…thanks! =0)

PlumPetals
    August 3, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I’ve been a chronic insomniac for most of my life. I’ve gone literally for days with just 15-20 minutes of ‘sleep’ – mainly surviving with 2-3 10 minute power naps throughout the day – no wonder my metabolism is shot!
    I’m a bit better now and am over-the-moon when I get 5 hours of sleep. Usually I just get 4. I’d love to be able to get 7-8, but I haven’t managed it yet.
    Sweet dreams 🙂

August 4, 2011 at 2:30 am

Wow…I can’t imagine that! I don’t think I want to…you definitely need more quality rest too!

Alyssa
    August 4, 2011 at 1:55 am

I’m a big baby and need at least 8 hours a night to function. 9 is awesome if possible. I’m usually in bed by 11:30 and up around 7:45.

April
    August 4, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I do really well with 7-9. I usually wake up at least once. My trouble is falling asleep. Too many years of shift work hasn’t helped my sleep habits. Since I had kids 17 years ago the thing I miss the most is waking up when I am ready too instead of somebody always waking me up.