I started participating in Friend Makin’ Mondays a few years ago before I even started this blog. I had another blog though I can’t imagine having a different one now. I wasn’t interested in losing weight at the time, but I still liked talking about myself and ideas. Imagine that. 😉 And long before I began hosting FMM, I made awesome blog friends like Vivienne, Shawn, Andrea, Jen, Amber, Becca, Xazmin and many others. I still keep in touch with many of them over Facebook and twitter, but we haven’t done FMM together in a long time. And I’d love to have them back so I’m going to invite them to join us in the coming weeks.
I’ve met so many incredible people through my blog, and when I created All the Weigh I became so focused on writing about my weight-loss that I rarely mention my other interests – DYI projects, scrapbooking, knitting, etc. And while weight-loss is still at the top of my list of things to do, I do love many other things. And I’m going to start focusing on those things too so this week’s topic is going to be about us and the things that matter to us.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: All About Me
1. What are your talents? I sing. I craft (scrapbooking, knitting, card making, etc.)
2. What is your best habit? I drink almost a gallon of water everyday.
3. If you had to be stuck with someone in an elevator for 8 hours, who would you want it to be? Zachary Levi, of course…In addition to being smokin’ hot, I have a feeling he’d be pretty entertaining too. 😉
4. Share one odd fact about you that we’d never know to ask. Even though my favorite band is Pearl Jam, I also love Southern Gospel music.
5. What’s your latest project (work, home, whatever you care to share?) I am my own latest project. I’m in therapy, back at WW meetings and exercising harder.
6. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? This is tough to answer because there are so many options. I’d probably change the scars on my forehead that bother me..They’re hard to see sometimes, but I hate them…I can lose the weight, but fixing my face will lasers…lol
7. What do you do in your spare time? Read, blog, talk on the phone, bake fun recipes, etc.
8. What is your biggest pet peeve? I’m annoyed by bad grammar. It’s okay to use colloquialisms, but it’s not okay to say things like “I seen him yesterday” or similar things…::cringe::
9. Why do you blog? Just keeping myself accountable, receiving support and now giving it too…
10. Are you tidy or messy? Dirty living spaces and work spaces stress me out. I am tidy.
11. What’s the last song that played on your iPod? Alive by Pearl Jam
12. Do you cook? If so, what’s for dinner tonight? I do! And last night, I made up a recipe with cheese, tons of veggies and tofu shirataki noodles. It was soooooo yummy! Tonight I’ll make some kind of stir-fry…
13. Do you like sports? If so, list your teams. New Orleans Saints and New York Yankees
14. How often do you read and/or watch the news? Everyday…a few times a day.
15. Did you stick to your new Year’s resolution this year? If so, elaborate. I didn’t make a resolution this year, but I did promise myself that I would work on being a better person all-around. I’m still working on it, but I’d say I’ve come a long way…
16. What are you looking forward to most in the remainder of 2011? Being back in New York for a visit in December…
17. Shoes, sunglasses or handbags? Um, all of them……….ALL OF THEM….
18. How do you feel about sleeping on satin sheets? I’m always cold so I prefer flannel, I think. That said, I think I have only slept on satin sheets once (in college.)
19. Do you sing in the shower? I am a total diva in the shower. 😉
20. Describe yourself in one word. Evolving
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! Don’t forget to come back here and leave your link in the comments! I adore the friends I’ve made though FMM – the newer ones and the vintage friends too. 😉 Try commenting on a few blogs that you haven’t visited before, and enjoy your Monday! **And don’t forget to enter my giveaway for your chance to win a 10-piece set of cookware from Calphalon!**