Uncategorized Weigh-In weight loss Weight Watchers

Hello Weight Watchers Meeting!

Well, it’s official. I am,once again, a card carrying (well, when it comes in the mail) Weight Watchers monthly pass member.  And while I’m not much smaller, I’m proud that I haven’t gained weight in my absence of regular meetings.  My heart is undoubtedly healthier (thank you regular workouts) and ready to tackle my new goals.  The meeting topic was “Getting Re-Started.”  Appropriate, no?

When I signed in for the meeting, I decided that I would start at zero.  I’ve mentioned before that losing 100 pounds isn’t really overwhelming while 200 pounds is incredibly overwhelming so I’m starting at square one.  I cannot and would not erase the 100+ that I’ve lost so far, but I’ll worry about adding it to the final number later.  For now, I’m going to concentrate on losing the first 5 pounds followed by the next 10, 5% and 10%, etc.  I think it’s best to have a fresh start so I’m giving one to myself.

And in addition to rejoining Weight Watchers meetings, I’m also changing my workout regimen.  At one point, 1,000 minutes of cardio a month was a good goal, but now it allows me to be lazy.  So instead of concentrating on the numbers, I’m going to do 3 days of cardio and 3 days of strength with one rest day or light cardio day.  I’ll also be counting fruits as 1 P+ each, and I’ll blog about my reasons for that soon.

I’m serious about moving forward, and I’m doing what I need to do in order to make it happen through Weight Watchers, therapy and my willingness.  I made some great strides today, and I’ll concentrate on doing it again tomorrow.

I can’t change the past, and there’s no benefit in worrying about what I have or haven’t done.  But I do have the power to create a healthy future for myself, and today I took some big steps in the right direction…

Brittany @ LessBritt MoreLife
    September 9, 2011 at 12:37 am

I have these EXACT thoughts in my head too, just haven’t blogged them! Can we talk this weekend? I always feel SO much more motivated! Need to SERIOUSLY get back on “track”, do some grocery shopping and preparing this week, and get my arse to the gym!!! LOVE YOU!

September 9, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Of course we can talk this weekend! We can always talk anytime girlfriend! <3

Brittany
    September 9, 2011 at 1:03 am

I went back to meetings today, too! I thought the theme of the meeting was very appropriate 🙂 So excited to be re-starting this journey alongside you!!

September 9, 2011 at 2:15 pm

It was so appropriate, wasn’t it?! That’s fantastic Brittany! I’m glad we’re doing it too! 🙂

missmarisol
    September 9, 2011 at 1:30 am

All you can do is make your next decision a good one. For me, setting short term goals & rewards help because I feel like I am accomplishing something. You have no idea how happy I was to get my 10% keyring from WW. It has no financial value but to me it is priceless. Same goes for the 50 lb one.

You know you can do this because girl, you’ve lost 100 pounds. That’s amazing!

Something that Ben from Ben Does Life said has stuck with me.

“If you want to do something with your life, if you really want to do it, just do it. I promise that you can. You just have to do it. And when you do, you’ll be happier for it.”

I had the opportunity (more like the honor) to meet him this summer and it was an amazing experience. I participated in my first 5k and even though I was last, I finished it. And now, I am doing TWO 5ks this month. You can do it!

September 9, 2011 at 2:19 pm

It sounds like I should be reading Ben’s blog too! Thank you…

And I know exactly what you mean about your 10%. It was a magical evening for me too, and getting that 100 pound charm? Well, I can’t really think of anything that has ever been more rewarding than that. For now, I’m ready to get my next 25 pound charm. I’ll be here gushing about it when it happens.

You are doing so great Marisol, and I’m so excited to do some 5k’s in the coming month too!

Brittany @ LessBritt MoreLife
        September 9, 2011 at 6:43 pm

You definitely need to read ben’s blog! One of my guy blogger crushes 🙂 ANDDDDD he’s running the Austin Marathon in February, and there will be a blogger meet up!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!

Heather
    September 9, 2011 at 6:21 am

Glad you are back at it. Good luck and remember you can do this…. 😀

September 9, 2011 at 2:19 pm

I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. Thank you for reminding me Heather!

Marion@AffectionforFitness
    September 9, 2011 at 8:03 am

Very good Kenlie! And this new time you go into Weight Watchers, you have a new and more experienced perspective. Your past experience of what did and did not work will help you.

🙂 Marion

September 9, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I hope so Marion. I’m trying to concentrate on doing PointsPlus in the most effective way because I did the same with Momentum and had great success.

It’s time to get moving in the right direction again..I’m tired of standing still..

Ximena
    September 9, 2011 at 8:24 am

Congrats on re-starting WW I know you have the tools and knowledge to do what is best for you! Take care,
    Ximena

September 9, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Thank you Ximena!

Kim
    September 9, 2011 at 8:30 am

Your determination inspires me to keep going!

September 9, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Wow Kim..thank you for saying that. That inspires me. We’re just one big inspirational group, and that means so much!

Hyla
    September 9, 2011 at 8:33 am

Awesome! You go girl!

Peg
    September 9, 2011 at 9:23 am

Good for you! I do WW online, but think I may need to add meetings to improve my accountability. Seems like it is so easy to slide and not make the best choices or rationalize my choices are correct, when I know they aren’t!

September 9, 2011 at 2:23 pm

The meetings are SUCH an integral part of it. Having the support and accountability made a difference for me in the first 100, and I think it will make a difference in the second 100 as well!

Carrie@shrinkingcarrie
    September 9, 2011 at 9:45 am

Yay! Way to go Kenlie! I like what you said about the starting anew from the 100 pounds. Sometimes are accomplishments are so big it seems hard to top them, but you can do another 100! Stick with WW and you won’t go wrong! Here is a link that someone left on my blog yesterday: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44432861/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/#.TmoneRyAFdw

September 9, 2011 at 3:31 pm

I saw the article, and I’ve seen similar articles in other publications as well. And it’s true….it works…I’m already proof, and now I’m ready to take it to the next level! 🙂

Tammy
    September 9, 2011 at 10:29 am

I’m glad you are back at WW meetings! You did so well with them before! Now, I can discuss meetings with you, and I can get back on track!

September 9, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Yes Tammy! It will be good for both of us! 🙂

Sheilah
    September 9, 2011 at 11:18 am

I started again a couple of weeks ago and still having trouble, but I’m going to use you as my imaginary friend to do it together.

Sheilah

September 9, 2011 at 3:32 pm

I’m right here Sheliah so feel free to do it with me! =)

Amanda
    September 9, 2011 at 11:43 am

I loved the meeting topic this week, as well. Very appropriate for how I’m feeling in my weight loss journey!

September 9, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I think a lot of people are feeling that way right now…myself included!

Momma Hunt
    September 9, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Yeah for a fresh start. Sometimes that is the thing we need most. To give ourselves permission to start over and have that same promise of a new beginning as when we originally started our journy. Yeah and enjoy!

September 9, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I promised myself that I’d give myself as many day ones as I need, and it seems to be working…I’m so ready to take it to the next level!

Latina Barbi
    September 9, 2011 at 2:42 pm

You’re home!! Welcome back!! MUAH!

September 9, 2011 at 3:36 pm

I am, and it feels good…..=0)

Foodie McBody
    September 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Welcome back my friend!!!!!!! I loved this week’s theme. Perfect!

Jill
    September 9, 2011 at 7:11 pm

hey, cool beans and good confidence builder starting fresh!

Karen
    September 9, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I found you through twitter when I was looking up the WW twitter feed! I’m going to be joining at the end of next week (waiting for payday…). Good for you!

teresa
    September 9, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Good for you!!! It’s great to have a plan and some structure. I hope you enjoy your group of people!!

PlumPetals
    September 9, 2011 at 11:33 pm

I’ve heard such great WW success stories! I like your idea of a fresh start. I think sometimes it helps refocus on what lies ahead — great quote about making new endings. Something I’ll keep in mind 🙂

Hilary @ The Big Weight
    September 10, 2011 at 10:11 am

Congrats on going back to the WW meetings Kenlie! I just did this about 4 months ago myself and it has really helped kick start the weight loss again. I hope it does the same for you :). I also wanted to pass along a suggestion. I had been doing straight cardio for 8 months straight and was seriously losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. I started participating in a challenge at Priorfatgirl.com using the New Rules of Lifting for Women book. Kenlie – just yesterday I recorded my first 10 lbs loss and I really credit it all to weight lifting. The thing is, most of that weight has come off since starting the weight lifting. I’m sure you have your own routine/ideas down and that’s cool – just wanted to share something else with you too in case you were looking for ideas. Take care and here’s to the first 5 lbs lost :)!

Bella
    September 10, 2011 at 10:46 am

Fresh starts are the best! I love that quote so much and have used it many times to spur myself in a positive direction. Good luck to you – your willingness and attitude are what will drive your success, I just know it!

Jessie
    September 10, 2011 at 11:12 am

I’m so glad that you went back! I just switched to online because of my teaching schedule, and it’s odd. I miss the people, being weighed in, and all of the in-person support. I’m relying heavily on my Twitter pals for support now!

Chubby McGee
    September 10, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Go, Kenlie! Congrats on the W.W.

Your perseverance and strength inspire me!

Carbzilla
    September 10, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Welcome back – I’ve done WW off and on for 20 years, and it’s the only thing that works for me. I will add that weight lifting makes it all wayyyyy easier in terms of dropping lbs and looking better as you go. I’ll be very interested in why you’re counting fruit when you don’t have to. In any case, cheers to the rest of your journey!

Kara
    September 11, 2011 at 8:53 pm

You are inspiring me to go back too! I feel like I’ve done the ups and downs at the same time as you. I also feel like I would be able to do it on my own, when time after time I haven’t succeeded. Best of luck to you on your journey!

Michell @ Girl In Air
    September 26, 2011 at 8:24 pm

I have never been to a Weight Watchers meeting or on the program…..I am giving it some serious thought……

Thank you for all your inspiration!