Uncategorized

Prayers Please

The stuff I post about doesn’t matter so much right now…What does matter is that Uncle Wesley is in the hospital, and he’s not doing well at all.  I talked about it a little a while back, but now I’m asking for prayer from those of you who will offer it.  He has stage 3 colon cancer, and the treatments are so hard on him that he’s back in the hospital.  Aunt Janice and Barbara are there, and Mom will head that way shortly.  And I’ll follow soon after.

Uncle Wesley with my niece at Christmas before his second round of chemo...

If you pray, please pray for him.  He has more faith (even in the worst times) than any human I’ve ever met, and he believes that he’ll be healed – either on earth or in Heaven.  And all he wants (even though I just want him better) is God’s will.  I want more time with him.  Mom and Aunt Janice want more time with him.  My aunt Brenda (his wife) and their kids want more time, but none of us want him to go through what he’s going through now.

If you pray, please pray today.

@LisainLouKY
    September 30, 2011 at 10:46 am

Sending prayers for you, your uncle and family.

Cat @Breakfast to Bed
    September 30, 2011 at 10:46 am

you got it.

suzanne
    September 30, 2011 at 10:55 am

I`m definitely keeping your uncle and you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Maria
    September 30, 2011 at 10:55 am

My mother was diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer about 7 years ago. She, too, had a lot of trouble with the treatment. It almost killed her, but she had faith she would be healed. And she was! She’s now 6 years cancer free and the doctors pronounced her cured last year.

I believe the same thing will happen for your Uncle Wesley. We’re praying for him!

Joshua
    September 30, 2011 at 10:58 am

Praying for healing, strength, and peace. I have this verse highlighted in my bible – I hope that’s okay that I share it.

“And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” James 5:15-16

If you can, please keep us in the loop.

Kay Marie
    September 30, 2011 at 11:04 am

Praying.

Laurie
    September 30, 2011 at 11:14 am

thinking about you

Melissa
    September 30, 2011 at 11:20 am

Praying!

City Life to Ranching Wife
    September 30, 2011 at 11:22 am

Sending prayers and tons of hugs!

Ryan Yewell
    September 30, 2011 at 1:12 pm

My thoughts go out to your uncle Wesley, and all the family and friends that are a part of his life.

Dominique
    September 30, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Thinking of you!

Nina Patricia
    September 30, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I will be praying for him… my Brother was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer a few months ago, I know exactly what you are going thru…stay strong.

Fat in Suburbia
    September 30, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Lifting your Uncle Wesley up in prayer.

Jan
    September 30, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I’m so sorry for what your uncle is going through and that you and your loved ones have to see him in pain. I am praying for you, your family, and especially for your uncle. Praying God’s will be done.

Nancy
    September 30, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Storming heaven with prayers for Uncle Wesley!

Heather B
    September 30, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Lifting him up to Jesus!!! Prayers for healing!!

IrishChaos
    September 30, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Done. I love your uncle’s attitude. God has His hand on him and your family.

Barbara
    September 30, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Dear Lord,
    You know Wesley so much better than I do. You know his/her sickness and the burden he carries. You also know his heart. Lord, I ask you to be with Wesley now as you work in his life. Lord, let your will be done in Wesley’s life. If there is a sin that needs to be confessed and forgiven, please help him to see his need and confess.

Lord, I pray for my friend just as your Word tells me to pray, for healing. I believe you hear this earnest prayer from my heart and that it is powerful because of your promise. I have faith in you, Lord, to heal my friend, but I also trust in the plan you have for his life.

Lord, I don’t always understand your ways. I don’t know why Wesley has to suffer, but I trust you. I ask that you look with mercy and grace toward Wesley. Nourish his spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort him with your presence.

Let my Wesley know you are there with him through this difficulty. Give him strength. And may you, through this difficulty, be glorified in his life and also in mine.

Amen.

Karen
      October 3, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Amen.

My father was also a colon cancer survivor. He was diagnosed at age 48 before he was ever “due” to be routinely screened (which is generally recommended starting at age 50), and after surgery & radiation, survived for 25 years before passing away earlier this year with Stage IV lung cancer. ♥

I pray your dear uncle will have good results from his treatments, and I pray daily for improvements in cancer treatments until a cure can be found. It’s a horrible disease, but the best advice I ever got was to cherish each day you have with him here on earth. Every little thing you do to show you care means so much, especially during such a challenging time for your family.

Take care,
      Karen

Amanda
    September 30, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Prayers going out.

Dana
    September 30, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Your family will be in my prayers…

mary
    September 30, 2011 at 9:57 pm

kenlie, you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers xo

Dacia
    October 1, 2011 at 8:01 am

I am not a religious person per se. I would say I am more spiritual than anything. I will set my focus this weekend to send healing energy to your uncle. It may sound cheesy but it’s my equivalent of prayer. Love to you and your family.

KCLAnderson (Karen)
    October 1, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Kenlie, your Uncle is in my thoughts and prayers…

Tim
    October 1, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Im just sending my thoughts to you, your family and especially to your Uncle Wesley. I hope he gets through the worst and gets on a road to full recovery.

MB
    October 2, 2011 at 1:58 pm

I’m praying. It is comforting that he has his faith and loving family to see him through.

Jill
    October 2, 2011 at 11:26 pm

oh horrible 🙁 …. I have a relation with that same cancer.

nikkianne