Catching Up On Stuff

Everyone knows I struggle with food, but you may also know that I enjoy a good workout. I’ve been wanting to challenge myself to do something different – something that will help me climb out of this rut that I’ve been in this year, and I’ve decided what that challenge will be.  I’m going to do Jillian Michaels’ 30-Day Shred.  Yep, I’ve pulled out one of my old favorites, and I completed level 1 last night.  I plan to do it over the next 30 days, taking no more than 2 days off from it during that time.  Level 3 is my favorite, but I’ll get to that at some point over the next month.

Maybe my eating needs work (okay, it needs a lot of work!)  But exercise has always been my saving grace, and it felt so good to sweat last night!  I’ll still hit the gym, but before I lay down at night, I’ll have completed at least one level of the 30-Day Shred which means I’ll do it in three different states because I’m traveling a lot over the next month.  Does anyone feel like accepting this challenge with me?  If so, leave a comment, or shoot me an e-mail.

In other news, I had an amazing trip to my sister’s house last week (so amazing that I didn’t even make time to blog) so I’m going to share a few of my favorite pics.

I ate this red velvet pancake and skipped the others...it was amazing.

Red velvet pancake...nope, not kidding..

Choomi!!!!!!!!!!! <3

The kid loves to decorate cookies!

Katy made these!

She met Santa after we saw Happy Feet 2!

Last week was fantastic, and this week has been great so far.  Cal came to see me yesterday, and he’ll be around a lot this week.  And we’re taking a little trip together after a wedding that we’re attending the week after next so life is fun, and I’m thankful for that.  We’re doing a taste test for dinner this evening, and I’m looking forward to talking about it on my blog!  Of course, I’ll have to post a picture or two.

How did everything go for you last week?  Did those of you in the US enjoy Thanksgiving?  Did you eat well? Workout?

Tim
    November 29, 2011 at 3:41 am

Looks like you had a fantastic time! Love the pictures. I can’t believe how much travelling you’ve done lately, I can’t keep up LOL

As we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK, it’s been business as usual for me. I’m doing a couple of challenges which are preventing me from making poor choices so it was good to see the hardworking pay off by seeing a loss on the scales. Yay!

November 29, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Oh Timmo….I do travel a lot….ha

Challenges can be a good idea. I’d love to hear more about what you’re doing..I’ll bug you on twitter later. 😉

Sabrina
    November 29, 2011 at 8:09 am

Last year the 30 day shred really helped get me through the holidays, maybe I should dust it off again!

Enjoy your week!

November 29, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I think it’s a great idea…yeah. 🙂

auntiekim
    November 29, 2011 at 9:17 am

I’m jealous of all the travel you’re doing! Looks like you had a great time. I never heard of the 30 day shred. I’ll have to check it out. Thanks! Exercise is finally part of my life, but I struggled with it. The food part was much easier for me. We’re opposites! LOL

November 29, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Kim! 30 Day Shred is one of my favorite home workouts of all time…up there with Party Off the Pounds by Richard Simmons. 🙂 Shred is short and hard……love it!

Jillian
    November 29, 2011 at 10:02 am

It looks like you had a wonderful time! I would take part in the challenge, but I have too much going on–staying with my mom for Christmas, where there is no dedicated space for me (three cheers for couch hopping) and going to Mexico. BUT, I am planning an exercise challenge of my own for the start of the year, I’ll make sure I come back and tell you all about it. Glad to see you enjoyed yourself Those pancakes look delicious.

November 29, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Nice Jillian! I’ll be in Mexico soon too…how funny. 🙂

CW
    November 29, 2011 at 10:48 am

Does it not strike you funny that all the pictures of food you have on here are:
    – processed
    – not natural
    – full of sugar
    – full of fat

???

November 29, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Nope…not really. I eat fruits and veggies and lean meats everyday. I’ve eaten a red velvet pancake once…ever. And the turkey cookies are just cute even though I didn’t eat them.

I suppose you’re one of those folks who comes here to look for a reason to criticize. Did it ever occur to you to read what I write? Probably not…;) Eh well…what can ya do?

Morgan
    November 29, 2011 at 11:10 am

Hmmm, I know that I should take the 30-Day Shred challenge with you, but I just don’t know if I am up to it. I will have to think about it, because the last thing I want to do is add another thing to my life that I am not going to accomplish right now, thus adding to my inferiority complex that I have raging right now.

Thanksgiving I started the day off with a 10k, so I think that evened out the food I ate 🙂

November 29, 2011 at 2:35 pm

A 10k is a great way to start Thanksgiving! Way to go!

amy h
    November 29, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Hmmm I’ll have to look into this 30 day shred deal… I’m game 😀 My time with my personal trainer is coming to an end this week (waaaaaaaaaaaa) so I could use something to focus on 🙂

November 29, 2011 at 2:36 pm

It’s awesome…you can get it at Target for around 9 dollars. Totally worth it!

amy h
        November 30, 2011 at 10:56 am

I found it last night at Half Price Books woooo. I’m starting it Dec 1, so I’ll have my morning with my trainer and then do the shred at night, and after this week I’ll just do the shred in the mornings. Woo! Super excited 🙂

Nicole
    November 29, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I just did day one, week one of the 30 day shred this morning! I loved it and can’t wait to do tomorrow- I struggle with exercise and finding time to do it, so I hope I can make the 30 days!! Good Luck with your challenge! You can do it 🙂

November 29, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Nice! I can’t wait to get to Level 3 again…I love it!

Nicole
        November 29, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Did you start today?

Nicole
    November 29, 2011 at 1:18 pm

WE can do it 😉

November 29, 2011 at 2:36 pm

YEP!

Joan
    November 29, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Yes, we had alot of different foods; we were at my daugther’s home in Colorado Springs. And when someone else supplies the hospitality, you say thank you and enjoy. It doesn’t mean you have to go overboard. Just work out more when you get home and enjoy the family and friends who went out of their way to make you a special meal just appreicate what is put on the table. We had a great time and great food. And we also had great workouts . Did alot of walking at the zoo and other places.

November 29, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Agreed Mom…some people just come to my blog to be critical and rude…forget them, and focus on all of the awesome people instead. 🙂

dad
        November 29, 2011 at 5:34 pm

nothing you can do to encourage someone who is just looking to find fault. they are not who you or your other serious followers should even acknowledge more than once.

Jessica
    November 29, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Your niece is getting so BIG! 🙂 Glad you enjoyed your trip 🙂

Nina
    November 29, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Glad you are doing awesome!! Sounds like a cool plan with the videos – I have heard lots of good things about that one. I really want to get outside more and get to the track at the park – I am trying to gather “winter workout gear!”

I am on the struggle bus … mainly just a ton of stress. (One of my cat’s is sick, little expensive unexpected bills keep coming?!)

So I have been eating “fast food” meals more than I have in the past 6 months. I am trying to not let that be a reason to let the flood gates open. (I also try to at least order water with them.) So I am trying not to keep eating after the less than stellar food choice!

Luckily I am still “stuck” on the scale but I know I have to get back on my mostly good eating ASAP – or that will change soon. Still only hitting the gym 2/3 times a week – really want to increase that. I also really want a MIO Heart Rate Monitor Watch for Christmas!

Glad you are rocking the holidays!!!

XOXO,
    Nina

SarahS
    November 29, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Yes! Confession time: I love your blog, and read it all the time even though I have yet to get up off my couch to get started on health and fitness again. Got married 2 months ago and have, well, been sitting on my butt and eating horribly ever since. I am a big fat cliche! (Fun two months though.)

I was hoping one of these days I’d get inspired, and since I have the 30 Day Shred dvds, I am in! I’m going to try and do it every day in December, with the exception of our 3-day trip to NJ for Christmas (I can’t bring myself to do it in front of a houseful of inlaws) (I’ll take walks with hubs those days instead).

SO, I will start on 12/1. I’ll be checking back for your updates. 🙂

suzanne
    November 29, 2011 at 7:01 pm

I love the pictures! You look like you had so much fun 🙂
    I also love your blog, in case I forgot to tell you that!!

Ryan Yewell
    November 30, 2011 at 12:58 am

That trip looked fantastic… Family, smiles, some tasty treats, looks like it was an amazing trip!

Great to hear you are committing to pushing ahead…

One thing I’d like to pass on, don’t forget about your rest. Everybody is different, so only you will know where your limits are. I just read in the post about you doing the 30 day shred, and you also mentioned hitting the gym, so I’m not sure what your plan is, but I just want to stress how important rest is. 🙂

For me, personally, I cannot sustain 28 out of 30 days of exercise without it making me feel weaker at the end of that month. You sound like you are working hard, just don’t forget to work smart, too 😉

Great post! Keep on keepin’ on!
    RY

Julie
    November 30, 2011 at 7:17 am

I started reading your blog after it was posted on SparkPeople. You are so real and write so very well. Thank you for all your ideas, and honestly just your spirit.

I do have the 30 Day Shred and have NEVER gotten to Level 3. You are on! I’m starting it today.

Steelers6
    November 30, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Cute pic of you girls in the matching vests..hee hee, she is sooo cute.

Tell Joan she looks great! Woo hoo! I can tell!! 🙂 I’ll bet walking at the zoo etc., was way more fun since she is working out! (& shrinking!) Great timing too, bc now she can probably keep up better with Miss cutiepants granddaughter!

Shred is one of my faves. Planning to Shred it up in a bit here, dressed n ready, just happened to be on compu..:) I think #2 might be my fave.

I think my fave photo of Princess is the one in the carseat. Hee hee hee! Soo adorable.

Welcome home. For now.