It has been a week since I posted on my blog. I don’t think I’ve ever gone that long without posting, and it will be a long time before that happens again! I didn’t bring my computer (there’s a first time for everything) though my sister has allowed me to use hers. I’ve just been living in the moment and remembering that I can blog about it later.
Last week was such a GREAT week! enjoyed time with my family. I’m writing this post with a view of the Rockies through the window.) I’ve been traveling like crazy lately, and I’m looking forward to being back home and seeing Cal. I’m also anxious to get back in the gym. I’ve missed it though I spent one afternoon walking around a mountain zoo, another day walking around the mall then the outlets then department stores, etc. I’ve been active, but there’s just something about my gym routine that I miss.
Thanksgiving was lovely too. I have so many reasons to be thankful this year, and I took advantage of my time away from the internet (at least, kind of away) to enjoy some of the things that make me thankful. I’ll talk about it all later. But right now, it’s time for Friend Makin’ Mondays, and this week, the topic is shopping! Today is Cyber Monday, and last Friday as, of course, Black Friday. And I want to know what you think about it.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Friend Makin’ Mondays: Holiday Shopping
- Do you like to shop? Yep!
- Have you started shopping for Christmas gifts yet? Oh yes….Nothing is wrapped yet, but items have been purchased
- Did you shop on Black Friday? If so, what did you buy? I tried, but I failed. The parking spaces were filled, and the lines were ridiculously long outside of the stores! I wanted a new Crock Pot, Season 2 of Modern Family on DVD and a portable hard drive, but the lines were ridiculous so I went to see Breaking Dawn instead. I shopped with my family most of the day Friday, and I found the perfect dress to wear to my friend’s upcoming wedding so the day wasn’t a wash. 😉
- List a few of your favorite stores. Nordstrom, Target, Lane Bryant, Apple, Hobby Lobby, Sephora, Michaels, World Market, etc.
- What is the last thing you purchased for yourself (food and drinks excluded?) Felt…to finish a wreath I’m making. =)
- Do you prefer to shop in-store or online? I prefer instant gratification so in-store is my first choice.
- If you could purchase one thing that you don’t need at all for yourself today, what would it be? I purchased the most amazing lip stick Friday night…I didn’t need it, but I’ve regretted not buying it since I first saw it when I visited my sister is April. Now I own it, and it’s a great as I thought it would be. 😉
- Does your significant other shop with you? Do they love it/hate it? He does shop with me, and he doesn’t seem to mind at all though he doesn’t usually say “Hey Kenz…let’s go to Hobby Lobby.” Ha…
- Do you shop at thrift stores? I have shopped in thrift stores before, totally. When I lived in NY, I loved thrift store shopping in Greenwich, CT. I suppose I should give it a chance here too!
- When you’re holiday shopping, do you make lists? I have a list in my head of people who will get presents from me, but I don’t always get specific with it.