I know that Thanksgiving is over, but it doesn’t have to be a holiday for us to appreciate all of the things that are good so I’m going to create a list. I have a lot of reasons to be thankful this year. I guess this post is really just for me, but I’d love to hear what you’re thankful for as well. I’ll start with some obvious ones in no particular order and go from there…
I’m thankful for….
- Mom – she loves me unconditionally, and I have no doubt that she always will.
- Dad -he understands me more than I ever thought he could.
- The relationship I have with my sister. She’s married to a great guy, and they do their own thing. But we enjoy spending time around each other (at least I do) more now than as teenagers. And while we’re really different, we’ve discovered some common ground. She’s wise too, and that’s kind of awesome.
- Aunt Janice and Aunt Barbara – they’re the ones who will travel across the country to help me if I need it….Barbara makes my favorite foods, and Janice doesn’t let anyone mess with me. They are the kind of family I’d choose if I had to choose my own family.
- Cal – he makes me smile, and everything just feels right when I’m with him. He’s the kind of guy who happily goes into bed, Bath and Beyond with me (though he calls it Blood Bath and Beyond.) He cooks and doesn’t mind protecting me from bugs or reaching things on the top shelf…I’m smitten, but we all knew this already, no?
- My iPhone which keeps me connected to my friends and family, my blog and other online communities that are important to me.
- Kelly – she’s the person I’m most interested in calling to share the events of my day, to vent, etc. She’s strong and supportive, but she’s not afraid to tell me how it is.
- Opportunities to improve myself – I enrolled in classes at an awesome university last week, and I can’t wait to get smart(er.)
- Fresh produce – I adore fresh green beans, garlic, onions, cucumbers, roma tomatoes, peppers and they’re good for me. I’m thankful that they’re so easily accessible…
- My Prius – it gets amazing gas mileage and reminds me of just how far I’ve come every time I sit behind the wheel and realize “hey, I have plenty of room!”
- My sheets – they’re micro-fleece, and they keep me warm so much more than regular sheets. It’s like wrapping up in blankets and more blankets.
- Skype. From time to time, I get to talk to Hahhah (my beautiful niece) which makes my heart smile. I can’t wait to see her in a few days! 🙂 And I get to talk to other people that matter to me from time to time as well.
- Leslie – She’s a beautiful, successful woman with a heart of gold who is always willing to listen. I seriously smile every time we talk!
- My nails – I have long, even nail beds and strong, healthy nails (hurt toe excluded.)
- Yarn – my colorful collection inspires me to create pretty things. It’s easy to keep myself entertained when I have yarn and knitting needles.
- Books – I love to read. Right now, I’m reading chick lit, but I’m almost ready for something new. Any suggestions?
- BodyGlide – As I mentioned in an earlier post, Robby sent it to me, and it has made exercise fun again (as opposed to painful!)
- My friends – I’ve spoken specifically about a few, but I’m really lucky to have a few awesome people in my life.
- Being in a better place – I’m so thankful that I’m happy again. Thinking back to this time last year makes me so grateful for where I am today.
- My creative side – crafting makes me happy, and I’m expanding my creativity…and it’s fun! I’m on a wreath making bender which seems to have distracted me from junk food since I returned home a few days ago. The crafts are going with me on my trip next week!
- My doctor – she’s awesome, and my quality of life has improved because of her abilities…
- My brain – I’m smart and blessed.
- USA Network – they provide hours of entertainment for me throughout the year. My favorite shows are still White Collar, Suits and Necessary Roughness. I cannot wait until they’re back on the air!
- The swimming pool at my dad’s gym – I haven’t had an opportunity to swim in almost a year. I can’t wait to do it in the next few weeks. I’m going to do it everyday at Dad’s house!
- Sunny days – sunshine makes me feel energetic and puts me in a good mood. It’s hard not to be happy when the earth is bright and there’s a nice breeze.
- My bicycle which allows me to travel without my car at times and also allows me to have fun exercising!
- Weight Watchers – for being there to help me help myself…
- My neighbors – I call them neighbor whether they’re across the street or across the country. And no matter what’s happening in their world, I never leave their house without hearing “Come back!”
- Cal’s parents were so welcoming and lovely. His mom is easy to talk to, and his dad looks like Clark Kent. Ha…I was so nervous until I arrived, but after only a few minutes I was totally at ease.
- Richard Simmons – he believes I can do it…he believes that we can all do it! And he has devoted his entire life to helping people like me succeed. He deserves a giant, blinged out crown in heaven because he’s an angel on earth.
- Is it weird that I’m thankful for twitter? More specifically, I’m thankful for the support and encouragement I can always find there…
- My WW leader, Penny…who understands my struggles and doesn’t judge me….
- Burt’s Bees – it makes my lips soft and cool………I wouldn’t want to live without it, especially in the winter.
- Cheesy Christmas movies because they make me giddy. The Christmas season wouldn’t be the same without them.
- I’ve lived in some pretty incredible places, and I’ve traveled to some pretty amazing places as well. And I’m thankful for the opportunities that have presented themselves and those that will present themselves in the future.
- My healthy body – it hasn’t always been so healthy, and while I realize that I have a long way to go, I’m thankful for excellent blood pressure, cholesterol and strength and endurance.
- Every single person who has ever stopped by to leave encouraging words or to express themselves here on my little blog. I don’t want to know where I’d be without you.
- I’m thankful for the reminder earlier this year that God really does exist and that he cares for me.
- Teeth whitener which gives me confidence when I smile. You know how much I love to flash my pearly whites, right? 😉
- Pearl Jam – there’s a song for every emotion…….and specific lyrics that have helped change my life..
I could continue listing things that make the thankful, but this is a good start. Coming up with 40 things was pretty easy for me, and I hope it’s easy for you too. Right now, I could add that I’m thankful for sore muscles. My arms and chest are sore from the workouts I’ve done in the last couple of days, but it hurts in a good way. Most of you know exactly what I mean, right?
Now it’s time to sleep…….and I’d like to share one of my favorite Pearl Jam lyrics…
“And the sun is setting, the sun will rise another day.” – Pearl Jam from the song “Long Road”