Uncategorized Weigh-In weight loss

Just A Quick Weigh-In Update

Thursday is always an exciting day for me because it’s weigh-in day, but yesterday was so much better than a typical Thursday.  I got to spend a little time with my friend, Anne, who always puts a smile on my face.  And Cal made a spontaneous decision to head my way after class (he’s in law school)  because we won’t see each other as much over the next few weeks.  And he attended my Weight Watchers meeting with Mom and me.  After the meeting, he took me to dinner at a cozy Vietnamese restaurant just outside of the French Quarter where I ate Tap Chu (rice noodles) over salad with pork before doing some other fun things.  Have I mentioned that I kinda like him? 🙂

But back to the meeting...I lost 2.8 pounds this week, and Mom lost 7.6! Whoa!  I was happy with my numbers and totally floored by Mom’s!  She typically eats a big breakfast and a light dinner which seems to be working well for her.  She doesn’t lose that much every week, but she’s been on a nice downward trend since she began attending meetings with me. I’m proud of her, and I’m trying to grasp the kind of will power she exhibits all week!

My plan for this week is to make good choices one choice at a time which could be challenging because I’m traveling all weekend.  Being alone in the car for seven hours or so makes me want to snack like crazy, but I plan to bring fruits and veggies that are easy to snack on while I’m driving (like cucumbers, bananas, grapes) because I want to feel good about what I’m doing long-term. Do you find it harder to eat well while you’re on the road?  Are you happy with the progress you’ve made this week?

Melissa
    November 11, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Long road trips always make me want to snack! I am trying to be more smart about it and bring things like fruit, veggies, nuts, and popcorn. Good luck

November 11, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Popcorn is a good idea too! I’ll bring some along with the healthier stuff. =)

BrookeNotOnADiet
    November 11, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Yay for awesome losses!

I’m super proud of myself this week! I’ve gotten up early and worked out 4 days so far this week and plan on it this weekend too. Its hard to get outta bed when my alarm goes off at 530, but I feel amazing the rest of my day knowing I did it!

November 11, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Yay B! GREAT work!!!

Danielle L
    November 11, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Hi! I just came across your blog through spark. I am sooo inspired by your story, in Feburary of this year I started on my weight loss journey weighing near 400lbs, im down 52lbs so far but working away at it. everything in your guest blog and i completely feel the same way, people might look at me with disgust but they dont know im up every morning to work out at 6, how many good changes ive made in 9 months to get me this far and they wont stop me. i cant wait for the day i can say “ive lost 200lbs and if i can do it so can you!” Anyways, im blabbering! Cheers and goodluck!

Bree
    November 11, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Hi there!

I just read your story on SparkPeople.com. It was so inspiring. Thanks for sharing it. Congratulations on all of your progress so far!!! Tou’re amazing and should be extremely proud of yourself for taking this journey.

All the best,
    Bree

Jennifer
    November 11, 2011 at 2:24 pm

That is awesome! Congratulations.

Lisa
    November 11, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Wow – I want to hug you & your mom so some good mojo can rub off on me! I’m really struggling right now.

Drive careful!

Hyla
    November 11, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Congrats!

paula
    November 11, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I am glad I found this…..you are an inspiration!!! Keep up the good work and be safe in your travels

Steelers6
    November 11, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Yay for you & Mom!! Wow.

Be sure to drink lots of water too on your trip.

Chrissy

deb-dee
    November 11, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Wow! Cograts to you & your mom for great numbers this week! That’s fantasic.

As for road trip food – yep, I always slack on road trips. I live in San Fracisco, but my family is in LA, so when I drive down to Southern California for the hoildays, it’s guaranteed that I’ll stop at In-N-Out Burger and get a double double meal. I’ve gotta work on that.

Krystle
    November 12, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Great loss this week for you and your mom!!! Keep up the awesome work. And to answer your question, being in the car in general makes me want to snack for some reason…I always have to fight the temptation to stop at McD’s or DD.

Krystle

genine
    November 12, 2011 at 4:38 pm

you & your mom are so enspiring & encouraging!!!!!!!!!!!!
    keep up the good work girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Doornbos
    November 13, 2011 at 7:52 am

Wonderful to catch up with your blog at the Daily Spark!

I’m another member of SparkPeople who has lost hundreds of pounds…down to 240 from 450 all-time high. Even after all that loss I continue to struggle as I was as low as 200 last year and am hoping to reclaim that. Maintaining one’s weight after losing has got to be one of the TOUGHEST things!!

But also, like you, I struggle over changing my perception of myself, learning to love myself after years of self-bashing. I know this is deeply entwined within my maintenance challenge.

I’m blogging all the time on my SparkPage, hope you can swing by sometime!

Don

Wendy
    November 13, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Hi Kenlie
    Good job! Love your blog. Thank you for sharing your life with us!

W

Elanor
    November 13, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Good numbers this week! Congrats!

I always stop off at In-N-Out Burger too but I don’t road trip often so I figure that’s my eat bad food day and don’t eat at those places any other time. Lots of water is good and I was told popcorn was actually a great snack. So long as you air pop it and don’t add butter or too much salt. It’s apparently one of those foods that tricks you. It’s big so it fills you up but for less calories!

Letty
    November 13, 2011 at 11:29 pm

I really Love your blog just when I was ready to quit you inspired me to not give up on myself

Hilary @ The Big Weight
    November 14, 2011 at 8:05 am

Definitely harder to eat on the road! I’m getting better at packing snacks though. Sometimes I think what makes it “hard” is that part of being on the road involves stopping for breaks. The breaks are necessary to get out of the car and stretch, and for restroom breaks as well! Those breaks usually involve stopping at a fast-food restaurant, not that I necessarily eat every time, they can be tempting!

Congrats on that loss to both you and your mom!