Boyfriend Exercise

Ouch!

I had a great workout last night then I came home to shower and nearly broke my toe.  My toe, while unbroken still hurts tremendously, and the nail is hanging on by a thread so I plan to see a doctor later today. It’s also weigh-in day, and as I mentioned yesterday, it won’t be pretty…at all.  But I’ve started fresh, and that’s really all I can say about that.

Check out my little toe cast...

I had planned to curl up and watch a movie after dinner, and I did.  I made chicken and veggies with brown rice and watched “A Boyfriend for Christmas.”  It’s one of my favorite cheesy Hallmark movies, and yes Santa…I’d like a boyfriend for Christmas…or, you know, sooner. 😉

How’s everyone doing today?  Are you as excited as I am about Christmas music and holiday movies? 🙂

Morgan
    November 3, 2011 at 12:58 am

Sorry about your toe – that stinks! Losing toenails is not fun.

I am completely excited about Christmas entertainment already, and I don’t think it has ever hit me this early in the season. I spent a chunk of time this afternoon online requesting Christmas movies and cartoons from my local library before they are all checked out with a waiting list of fifty people and I can’t get them until March. They’ll start coming in in a week or so and I get to keep them for 3 weeks, so that will put me around Thanksgiving, which is great. I can’t wait!

November 3, 2011 at 1:22 am

Wow Morgan..that’s a great idea! I never considered renting from the library…! 🙂

Lisa
    November 3, 2011 at 1:00 am

I AM! I have been playing Christmas music on my fat site for over a month! lol Sorry about your toe. 🙂

– Lisa

November 3, 2011 at 1:22 am

So much fun! I love it…I’ve been playing it for a few weeks already as well! 🙂

Nina Patricia
    November 3, 2011 at 1:05 am

oh no, toes injuries no matter how small are so uncomfortable. I hope you heal soon.
    I’ve been playing “A Hippopotamus for Chistmas”, “Carol of the Bells” and some others for about 3 weeks now 🙂 I love cleaning the house listening to these happy tunes!

November 3, 2011 at 1:22 am

We are like long lost sisters, aren’t we? ha

Nina Patricia
    November 3, 2011 at 1:06 am

ok, I have to ask. Which nail polish is that? It looks like Zoya Envy…

November 3, 2011 at 1:25 am

It’s actually an Avon color called Olive Green though it’s darker than what I’d consider Olive. my aunt gave it to me with another fun blue color for my birthday, but I think it’s totally fall appropriate. Seeing all of the blood on it made me think of Christmas colors…sad and gross, but true..

Sarah R
    November 3, 2011 at 1:18 am

Girl – I am so sorry about your toe!! I hope it feels better soon. Cute toe nail polish though – what color / brand is that?

November 3, 2011 at 1:25 am

It’s Olive Green by Avon. OPI is my favorite, but it was a gift…and it lasts though I’ve found that it stains my nails a little for about 24 hours after it’s off unlike OPI, Essie, Dior, etc.

DesertNails8
    November 3, 2011 at 2:08 am

Sorry about your toe, I hope it heals quickly. The green nail polish on your toes looks great! I’m looking forward to the holidays, too. Now, where did I put that dvd of a lit fireplace…

November 3, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I love the DVD of the lit fireplace. 🙂

Jill
    November 3, 2011 at 8:21 am

One of my favorite cheesy but cute Christmas movies is Holiday in Handcuffs!

November 3, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Hahaha…I’ve seen that one more than a couple of times…:)

kjpugs
    November 3, 2011 at 9:34 am

Like most people here… I’m LOVING your nail polish! And I have to tell you… Kenlie you inspire me so much!!!!!!!!!! I am on the VERGE (like, a pound) from being out of the 200’s after years of being there, and had a tough week myself. I found out that yet again I won’t be spending Christmas with my family, this year due to money issues. And I let myself emotionally eat. You “restarting” fresh and recently describing how eating healthy makes you feel so much better, that has re-invigorated me. I am weighing in today and have already started fresh again. It ain’t no thang… I know I can do it too. Thanks for being motivating and inspiring. And I hope your toe gets better! (PS… I had a friend who lost a toenail get a fake nail put on at a nail place for prom… so that’s an option, you know, in case you have any open-toe shoe events coming up!)

Noodle
    November 3, 2011 at 9:39 am

I am! I spent a few hours in the basement gathering all of our Christmas stories, movies, and decorations to get ready! I don’t put them out until the day after Thanksgiving though.

You might find this funny: we spend the weekend closest to July 4 with a Christmas movie marathon. Every year. LOL. Everything from “Emmet Otter’s Jugband Christmas” to “Christmas in Connecticut” to “The Santa Clause” ~ and loads of others. 🙂

Tammy
    November 3, 2011 at 9:58 am

Any kind of injury to a nail freaks me out! I never knew nails could fall off until I was in high school and a coworker smashed his thumbnail in the cash register drawer. He said that he had to cut a hole in it to let the blood out – it still makes me feel faint to even think about it! I swear they would have to knock me out to do something like that! I hope it gets better soon!

I’m pretty traditional when it comes to nail polish, but I like that color green.

I have a couple of favorite corny Christmas movies – Borrowed Hearts with Roma Downey and The Christmas List with Mimi Rodgers. We have tons of holiday movies we love to watch, but they don’t start until we watch Planes, Trains, and Automobiles on Thanksgiving!

Lisa
    November 3, 2011 at 10:34 am

Ouch! I’ve had a toenail pulled off before – both medically (for recurring ingrown nails) and accidentally. Both ways hurt like a {expletive}! Sympathy being sent your way!!

I am a totally Halloweenie, so I’m still struggling with putting my haunt stuff away and I refuse to listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. I am an equal opportunity celebrater. One month prior is the max for me – altho I’ve peeked at the trees & stuff already out in the stores!!!

Tracy
    November 3, 2011 at 11:26 am

So sorry to hear about your toe! I did just want you to know that you are one of the inspirations for me to join Weight Watchers. I’m now on my third week and so far so good. It’s all about tracking what I’m eating – and portion sizes. Thank you for being so open and honest about your journey – and know that you do inspire others.

Tim
    November 3, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Cheesy films are always the best and despite being a boy, I like the odd romantic film as long as it isn’t too lovey dovey that it makes you want to vomit! lol!

auntiekim
    November 3, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Love Actually! Elf! Christmas Vacation! Need I say more?

Lindsey
    November 3, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Ha! I am reading this as I am listening to a Christmas music station on Pandora and having posted on my blog this morning about how I watched a Boyfriend for Christmas this week. I LOVE Hallmark channel and Lifetime Christmas movies. They are so cheesy but how can you not feel warm and fuzzy after. Some of my faves are The Christmas Card, A Boyfriend for Christmas, The Holiday (which isn’t a Hallmark movie but it’s still a fave), and a Christmas Proposal.

Nicole
    November 3, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon! & I do love that color on your toes! =D

Steelers6
    November 3, 2011 at 10:49 pm

I have to chime in too..love the pedi, but so sorry about your accident. *sigh*. The workouts might need to be altered a bit now, eh?

Happy weekend, dearie.