Gym Reflection Weigh-In weight loss

The Big Picture

I knew I’d see a gain this week, and I did.  And based on my actions last weekend, I’m relieved that it was 3 pounds as opposed to 10 pounds.  I’ll see a nice loss next Thursday, and I’m looking forward to that.

Before I went to my meeting, I went to the doctor.  And my toe is still in the same shape it was in last night.  They couldn’t remove the nail so they decided to send me to a podiatrist who will charge a few hundred dollars (he doesn’t accept my insurance) to tell me whether or not he will remove it or just let it do its own thing.  He can’t see me until next week anyway so I’ll skip that appointment and figure out how to wear a shoe today.  Thankfully, it doesn’t hurt too badly when nothing is touching it so I won’t have to experience life on the sidelines though my workouts might have to change a bit over the next few days.

Any suggestions?

During this week’s meeting, we talked about the big picture, and my big picture looks good.  It’s easy to get complacent, and it’s easy to dismiss the successes we’ve had when we’re still working so hard to achieve more.  But the fact is that my big picture looks great.  Over the last week, I’ve purchased smaller jeans, and I’ve also seen some big improvements since my last doctor’s visit.

My blood pressure was 122/76 which is down a bit from last time, and I can finally weigh-in on their scale though I couldn’t last time I visited that office – proof that at one point, I weighed well over 400 pounds!  And having this foot injury has reminded me of what life was like before I started losing weight.  I didn’t walk, I waddled.  And I was always tired and out of breath.  And I was so heavy that the doctor’s exam table used to tip when I climbed up – that was not the case this time.

So I’m disappointed that I gained this week even though I expected it, but I’m also resolved to do better as I mentioned in a post earlier this week.  This is a long road, but I’m on it.  And I’m ready to move forward today.  Are you?

What does your big picture look like?  Are you happy with it?

Joshua
    November 4, 2011 at 9:11 am

OUCH!!

I keep getting more optimistic about my big picture. I’m making plans & revising my goals. Even though I’m only 22 lbs down, I feel so much better! I’m excited that I’m able to keep on track and stay positive. And, just to let you know that, you are (in part) responsible for my success! You’ve been an inspiration to me, and have given me encouraging words.

Hope the toe starts to feel better soon, and here’s to posting a good loss next week, huh? (I haven’t weighed in yet this week – will happen this afternoon.)

Cheers!

November 4, 2011 at 2:27 pm

You are just going to keep feeling better and better Josh..I’m so glad you’re here! 🙂

Lori
    November 4, 2011 at 10:40 am

I also had a small gain this week, but I know exactly what happened. So now I know how to fix that. I’ve just been doing WW for just over a month now, and I’m down 9.2! Even with my 1 pound “gain” this week! So THAT “big picture” keeps me going. And after reading your “about Kenlie” story, I’m more motivated than ever to get these pounds OFF FOR GOOD! And I also have a Jillian DVD that I just remembered about after reading your story. Sounds like its time to dust that bad boy off and GET SWEATING!

A small gain once in a while is to be expected, but just LOOK at how far you’ve come!!! And that’s what helps (at least for me) to keep on going! Thanks for sharing, and I hope your toe heals up in no time.

November 4, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Wow! You are doing GREAT Lori! And you have the right attitude too!

jodi
    November 4, 2011 at 11:46 am

i had a broken toe earlier this year and the doctor didn’t hesitate to remove the nail (plus there was blood pooling underneath and there was a chance of infection)… it wasn’t fun and it was pretty painful for about a week, but it’s growing back fine now (halfway there!)… hope it heals soon! 🙂

November 5, 2011 at 10:56 am

Well, hmmmm…It looks like I’m stuck with mine. i’ve been wrapping and re-wrapping…not sure what else to do at this point…I’m hoping it will hurt less and less each day…:)

Noodle
    November 4, 2011 at 12:02 pm

That stinks. I was hoping they could just deal with it and you could get on with the business of healing. 🙁

I’m undecided about my big picture, but I feel better — more energetic — than I have in years, so that’s got to count for something.

November 5, 2011 at 10:57 am

I was hoping for the same thing..sigh…

And yeah…feeling better counts a lot. It’s pretty much the whole point…congrats to you!

Tim
    November 4, 2011 at 7:37 pm

I’m always so thankfully for the UK’s National Health Service everytime I see the extreme costs of medical care in America. Wow, $200 to see a podiatrist. Crazy!!! Hopefully your toe will improve it’s condition somehow before you have to go there.

I liked hearing about your big picture. It shows just how far you’ve come. Do you think mentally you’ve improved a lot too? The reason I ask is because of your attitude about gaining the weight and telling us that you’re gonna lose that next week. That’s fighting talk!

As for my big picture, I think it’s looking good. I’m the healthiest i’ve ever been in my life and i’m still not at my goal, so it’s only going to get better. My clothes are too big and my energy levels are high. I’ve still got fat legs though! Grr! LOL

nikkianne
    November 4, 2011 at 8:30 pm

I lost a toe-nail playing soccer once. I just wrapped a band-aid around it and wore shoes. I don’t remember it hurting too bad, so maybe yours’ is worse than mine was?

Anyhow, it hung on for months and my the spring when I was ready to wear sandals it came off painlessly.

Tiffany
    November 7, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I broke my big two years ago – I dropped a 10 pound weight on it! The toe nail turned black and blue and eventually fell off on its own. It started hanging off and then it fell off. I thought it would hurt coming off but it didn’t. I was a little tender where the toenail was but then everything was fine and the new toe nail grew in.

Instead of spending big bucks – maybe just wait a few weeks and see – mine did take a while to come off.

November 7, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Thanks for that advice Tiffany. That’s my plan…I hope I can workout today without feeling too much pain.