Exercise Lifestyle Uncategorized

Travel Day

Today has been a busy day!  And by the time you read this, I’ll be en route to Denver.  I have to be at the airport at an ungodly hour, and I still have a lot to do before I leave….You know, important things…like packing.  At this point, I’m not really sure if I’m packing for one week or two so I’ll assume I’m going for a week, and I’ll just do laundry while I’m there if I need to.

Anyway, this day has been long, but I’ve gotten a few key things accomplished.  One thing that I was determined to do today is workout, and I did.  And thanks to my friend, Robby, I had the best workout I’ve had in over a month!  Thank you for the  Body Glide Robby!  It worked wonders just like you said it would! If you don’t know Robby, you should.  Check out her blog here!

FatGirlvsWorld meets AlltheWeigh

After spending last week on the bike and several weeks prior on the treadmill, I was thrilled to revisit my favorite machine – the elliptical.  I felt like a million bucks when I finished, and I can only hope that this stuff works as well in the future as it did today.  I felt no pain or irritation at the gym, and that’s a huge relief!  Working out is finally fun again! 🙂

Though I’ve been on several flights since the Spring, this will be the first flight I’ve taken with Mom since the incident with Southwest.   And because it’s almost time for me to board an airplane with Mom, I’m feeling a tinge of anxiety just as I have on the last few flights I’ve taken. But the anxiety is definitely worth it because my sister and niece will be waiting for us on the other side.  And few things, if any, make me happier than being with my niece!

I can't wait to hug this kid! 🙂

My plan for the week is to continue my workouts.  In addition to cardio, I’m doing 100 crunches per day, everyday, for the rest of the week.  I’ve done 400 in the last 4 days, and some amazing twitter friends have joined me too.  It’s nice to work toward goals together.

Are you traveling this week?  Do you plan to exercise during the holiday weekend?

Kelly @ No Thanks to Cake
    November 22, 2011 at 1:48 am

I’m heading east to see my niece and nephew who I too can’t get enough of. 🙂

I’m pretty sure I need to join your 100 crunches a day event…. Consider me in!

November 22, 2011 at 6:20 pm

I think it’s awesome that you’ve decided to take part in the crunches! Yay!

Tim
    November 22, 2011 at 5:58 am

It’s a normal week in the UK as we don’t celebrate this holiday but I just want to wish you and your followers a great Thanksgiving!

Have a wonderful time.

November 22, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Thank you Timmo! I hope you have a great week too!!

kelly
    November 22, 2011 at 7:36 am

we’ve already celebrated our thanksgiving(Canadian)but hope yours goes well.And yes,as previous follower mentioned……I too will jion you in the 100 crunches!I’ve gained over 10lbs. and need to despretly get back on track.

Have a good one,and be sure to give your niece that much needed hug!

Melissa Weisbard
    November 23, 2011 at 10:41 am

I definitely need to exercise. My husband and I used to excercise every day, but now we never execise. I’ve been trying to lose weight for years, but I’ve had little success. I’ll lose 20 or 30 pounds and then hit a plateau and won’t lose anymore despite my best efforts. It drives me crazy, but I can’t give up. I’m hoping to go visit family in Arizona in February and although I absolutely love flying, I have a bit of anxiety about being confronted the way I was last time by a Southwest employee (http://melissawphotos.blogspot.com/2011/05/last-legal-form-of-descrimination.html ). It was completely humiliating. I just hope I don’t have the same difficulty this time. I don’t want my vacation ruined.

Mary (A Merry Life)
    November 24, 2011 at 1:49 am

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Glad you guys had an awesome workout together… sounds fun! 🙂

Robby
    November 26, 2011 at 7:26 pm

We are so effing sexy together.
    I’m glad the BodyGlide worked out!!

Becki
    November 27, 2011 at 9:41 am

I live in Denver so welcome. Hope you had a great trip.
    I love reading your blog, my favorite machine is also the elliptical. Lol
    Anyways just saying hi and welcome.