Friends Lifestyle

Weekend Update

My weekend was extraordinarily busy, but I enjoyed every minute of it. It started with dinner and drinks with Cal before I left town, and it hasn’t really ended yet (even though it’s Tuesday.) Okay, so the weekend is over, but I’m out of town so it doesn’t feel like a typical week at all.

He lets me be as cheesy as I want to be...:)

I’m in Texas. I spent the weekend in Austin with my friend, Janna, and we shopped, ate good food and had a craft night with girlfriends. And it was awesome. ๐Ÿ™‚

My wreath made my bike look festive, didn't it? ๐Ÿ™‚

I made a Christmas wreath and felt inspired to paint and glitter a few pieces too! Saying that glitter was everywhere would be an understatement. It was everywhere, but it seemed to make us all pretty happy.

Now, after spending the day in Houston before crafting with my cousin, Mandy, I’ve arrived at my aunts’ house. I promised that I’d visit soon so I could sing karaoke at a place the go to pretty regularly. And if Aunt Janice asks me to sing, I sing.

I made a felt tree ornament, but I'm not sure if it's finished yet.

After a long, fun weekend, I’m ready for a little sleep. I ate pretty well until today, but I didn’t exercise much. I walked around the Houston outlets for about an hour, but my walk was leisurely so I’ll sweat more tomorrow.

Until then, I’m going to dream about seeing Breaking Dawn over the weekend and seeing my boyfriend though not at the same time because I don’t want to submit him to the Twilight Saga. He said he’d take me to Ikea today (or anywhere I want to go) so why push it? ๐Ÿ˜‰

How’s everyone doing today? What have I missed during my limited access the interwebs?

Jenn
    November 15, 2011 at 9:19 am

I love all your crafty goodness!
    You sound so happy. Very happy for you!
    Not sure what you’ve missed, but you have been missed. ๐Ÿ™‚

November 15, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Aww thank you Jenn! I’m just so used to being online everyday..checking other blogs, etc. ๐Ÿ™‚

DesertNails8
    November 15, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I love the felt tree!

November 16, 2011 at 2:09 am

hehe thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Janna
    November 15, 2011 at 1:32 pm

I am so glad you got to come for a visit…craft day should be EVERYDAY! I can’t wait to put my tree up now!

November 16, 2011 at 2:09 am

I totally agree that everyday should be craft day! ๐Ÿ™‚

auntiekim
    November 15, 2011 at 5:30 pm

awww man I suck so bad at crafts. The best craft I made was a ladybug I painted on a rock and the only reason it turned out is because I copied my sister’s. Glad you had fun.

November 16, 2011 at 2:11 am

That sounds like a fun craft to make! I wish I could see it!

auntiekim
        November 16, 2011 at 11:18 am

I’ll take a pic and post it on FB. I want to make a bumble bee next LOL

Tim
    November 15, 2011 at 5:51 pm

How the hell did you make a tree?! That’s amazing! It’s impressed me more than the bicycle cookie, which proves how brilliant I think the tree is.

November 16, 2011 at 2:11 am

Oh Timmo! You make me feel so special…lol

Nancy
    November 15, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Fitting crafts into everything else you did amazes me. When I do crafts it takes quite a while to prepare for it – to do it – and clean up after. Usually most of a day. How DO you do it all Kenlie! Amazing. LOVE the tree. You ought to use that for a give-away!

November 16, 2011 at 2:13 am

LOL Nancy! You’re too sweet. If you want a tree, I’ll make one for you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Susan Walsh
    November 16, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Hi there, and congrats on the weight loss. I know exactly what you are going through my dear. I have been overweight for 24 years now. My journey is the same as your is, to loss 100 lbs is my goal and I know with the right foods, plenty of exercise and a lot of motivation and inspiration. I know I can do it and so can you. You go girl and don’t let those so called people on the internet or the people at that stupid airport get you down. You are a beautiful woman who has a lot to offer the world. If I could I would love to meet you someday. I live in Nova Scotia Canada.
    People call me fat and ugly and believe me it does hurt and when I just let it ride. I am now sitting at 224.9 lbs which is down from 235 to 245 and I feel healthier then I have in a long time. I plan to loss the weight if it kills me.
    Keep up the word.