Weigh-In weight loss

Almost the Weekend

Last night I fell asleep sitting in the big chair in the living room crafting and watching Christmas movies, and I woke up and got into bed around 4am.  Oops!  After our Weight Watchers meeting, Mom and I made several batches of pecan pralines for my uncle and for the family Christmas dinner that’s coming up. Making candy on the agenda tonight after the gym as well.  After the candy making, I made Christmas cards and put together a few more packages because everything has to be mailed out today.

Simple this year...

I was pretty aggravated about my results when I stepped on the scale last night.  I was down 0.6 pounds, and while I prefer a loss to the alternative, I deserved to lose more.  I worked out several times last week (and need to start updating my workout page again) and ate reasonably even over the weekend.  I discovered a new love for raw cabbage and said no to cupcakes at one point, ice cream at another time, etc.  I did what I was supposed to do so I can only assume that if I keep doing it, I’ll show a nice loss when I’m back from my next trip.

Cal and I are heading out tomorrow after the wedding so I’ll have plenty of opportunities to make healthy choices before my next weigh-in.  I have an exercise plan in place that will include going to the YMCA near Dad’s house where I can workout then swim, and at least at the moment, my desire to live healthy is bigger than my desire for junk food.  I’m going to do my best to cling to that feeling, and take it one moment at a time.

I have a lot to do today so I’m cutting it short. What are your weekend plans?  Is it just me, or does life seem to get busier as the month progresses? 🙂

Bella
    December 9, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I hope you have a great time on your trip. Sounds like your next weigh-in will definitely show you the loss you deserved this week.

I can’t wait for tomorrow, because my mom, sister, nieces, cousin, great aunt, and I are going to San Francisco for a Christmas Tea. It’s going to be really fun, especially since we don’t all get a chance to get together too often.

Julie
    December 9, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Remember to drink your water too! And enjoy the wedding you are going to. 🙂 Have a wonderful time, and dance a lot!

Maren
    December 9, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Oh I love homemade cards 😀

Enjoy the wedding!

Tammy
    December 9, 2011 at 7:40 pm

The month definitely gets busier! We are attending our local playhouse’s Christmas play tonight and working concessions there tomorrow. In the morning, we are planning to drive about an hour up the road to a really cool show and cafe, followed by a Dickens Christmas in our county seat on the way home. Sunday starts our week of birthdays with my mom’s, Darrell’s on Wednesday, then mine. I go back to work on Monday for 3 days, then we are off to Dollywood, with a stop in Nashville (Nordstrom, here I come! and Trader Joe’s, too!). Then, I’m back at work, and on call from the 21st – 28th. I’ll end the year with two more vacation days! Whew!!!

Enjoy your trip!

Pj geek
    December 9, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I don’t know you handle making candy , that would be playing with fire for me.

I’m on a raw cabbage kick too. I’ve been making “holiday cole slaw”–mixing the precut bag of coleslaw ( green / purple cabbage and carrots) with a variety of things. Every batch is different. I started with chopped apple and walnuts and a tiny bit of cranberry sauce. Another batch was dried cranberries and cherries and pecans with a little orange juice. Another batch I took a small amt of ambroisa salad ( pineapple / mandarin orange / shredded coconut/ a few marshmallows/ and sour cream ) and just mixed it in. I have not been mixing in any kind of dressing in to the slaw and it tastes great.

Sarah
    December 10, 2011 at 3:44 am

A loss is a loss, dear! Good work! 🙂

Sarah @ THINfluenced

Joan
    December 10, 2011 at 10:15 am

Making candy was fun; and alot of hard work, so we didn’t eat any of it. I love family gathering and I try to make what my brothers and sisters like. I am so glad my daughter (Kenlie) was there to help and actually she did most of it. I work alot of hours and I was in bed around 9:00 or 10:00. But she continued to make the candy. I have alot to be thankful for. First that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, he came to earth for me. And then God blessed me with two wonderful daughters that I am so proud of. And a granddaughter that is cute as a button 🙂 And a wonderful son-in-law. I love his parents and grandparents too.
    Christmas is my favorite time of year; but everyone is special when I have family around me. I have 6 brothers and two sisters and one of my little brothers just past away to be with Jesus just a month and half ago. I will miss him. The rest of my siblings will still be here and I will enjoy every moment I have with them. Hope you can have the time to be with your family and enjoy the little things that God has given us. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Joan

Half Chinked
    December 11, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Hope you had a great weekend!