Being at Dad’s house this week (and Cal’s parents’ house last week) has been great so far, but I’ve been busier than I would have imagined before I left. And I miss my blog friends – big time! I know that FMM may not be popular this week because we’re approaching the holidays, but Mondays are so much more fun for me when FMM is a part of it. And I know that a few of you feel the same way so let’s do it.
Before that, I want to show you how I wore my hair for the wedding. I had planned to see Megan before the wedding, but that didn’t happen so I fixed my hair myself at the last minute. Thankfully, I had some bobby pins in my purse. I didn’t feel as glamorous as I had hoped, but the wedding was beautiful. And Torri and Daniel are married now!
Over the weekend, Dad and I took Cal to the bombing memorial in Oklahoma City. It greatly impacted our lives almost 17 years ago, and it’s still an intense place filled with memories that should never be forgotten.
We’ve also has some good meals and time with friends who have mattered to me for a long, long time. I could write so much more, but now it’s time for FMM.
FMM: Have You Ever?
1. …traveled outside of your home country? If so, where? I’ve been to several fun places including Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Aruba, The Bahamas, etc. And I plan to visit the UK at some point in the next year or so…
2. …performed on stage in front of at least 1,000 people? If so, share some details! Yep…several times, but one of my favorite moments was singing with Don Henley from The Eagles or when I sang with Toby Keith.
3. …watched an episode of Jersey Shore? Um, no…
4. …baked a cake from scratch? If so, what’s your specialty? I baked a carrot cake from scratch last night, and I really hope it’s half as good as Mom’s. I’ll take a picture if it turns out well. 😉
5. …worked in a grocery store? Yep. My first job ever was pushing carts and carrying out groceries at a local grocery store.
6. …dated someone who was your best friend first? No, but that sounds like a good way to do it! I like to date guys that I’d want to be friends with too, of course.
7. …made a difference in someone’s life during Christmas? I’ve volunteered and such. Most years, I choose someone on the angel tree with the Salvation Army, and today I rang the Salvation Army bell in front of a store with friends…
8. …been on TV? Yeah..
9. …had cosmetic surgery? No…that will probably change at some point when I’m at goal though.
10. …learned a second language? If so, what else do you speak? I’m trying to learn Spanish now. Cal is fluent, and my dad knows quite a lot too. I’d like to get serious about learning it.
Now it’s your turn. I know it’s a busy week, but I hope you’ll take a few minutes to share your answers on your own blog. And if you do, don’t forget to come back here to link up in the comments. Happy Monday friends…