Family Weigh-In weight loss

A Few Updates

Yesterday was weigh-in day, but I want to give you an update on Dad first.  I also want to thank everyone who prayed for him, sent encouraging vibes or encouragement….I love you for always being here for me…thank you.

Dad is home from the hospital now, and he did not have a stroke.  The doctors think that he had issues due to medicine that he was taking.  I’m not sure that I buy that, but I’m a thousand miles away…and I’m not a doctor.  He’s still coughing so much that he has trouble getting through a phone call, and he sounds tired.   He still insists he’s fine, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop worrying right now so please just keep the prayers coming.  Thanks.

In other news, I’m down another 2.2 this week which means I’m still headed in the right direction…finally.  I’ve worked out 6 out of the last 7 days, and I was so sore last night that I decided that my body needed rest.  Today I’ll do cardio, but I’ll give my body another day of rest from weights and floor exercises.

Last night I bought my first container of whey protein powder so I’ll try it in a smoothie for breakfast today.  After posting about the Weight Watchers smoothies, several of you noted that protein powder would be better so I’ll see how this goes.  Do you drink whey protein shakes?  I plan to add milk, spinach, strawberries and a banana, and I’m guessing that it will leave me feeling full and satisfied all morning.  We’ll see.

And one more thing…My friend, Janna, and I are hosting a Valentine’s Day Swap, and we’d love to have you take part in it with us.  If you’re interested, check out the details here, and don’t forget to sign up by Tuesday!  Do you want to be my valentine? <3

Cathy
    January 27, 2012 at 6:53 am

I like whey protein shakes:

8 oz almond milk, 1 scoop powder, 1/2 frozen banana, frozen raspberries — one of my favorites

January 29, 2012 at 1:04 am

I think I’ll try blackberries soon. Yum..

Roxie-Girl
    January 27, 2012 at 10:16 am

Glad to hear your Dad is doing better. Sending more thoughts and prayers his way.
    Good for you on the weight loss! As for protein shakes, YUMM!! I have one every single time I get home from the gym. I just mix one cup of Unsweetened Vanilla flavored almond milk with 2 scoops of my whey protein powder and eat a banana with it. I’m in love!

xoxo
    Roxie-Girl

January 29, 2012 at 1:05 am

It seems like a lot of people love almond milk! I can’t stand to drink it, but I’m guessing that it would be great in a smoothie…

TC
    January 27, 2012 at 10:22 am

Hi there, so glad that your Dad is home now, I pray that the really find out the issue. Also happy to here that our are down on your weight, I need to go weigh myself also.
    Have a great weekend
    TC

January 29, 2012 at 1:05 am

Thanks TC…

Dominique
    January 27, 2012 at 11:20 am

I drink soy protein shakes. I mix a scoop of the powder with spinach, banana, a frozen fruit, flaxseed and almond milk.

January 29, 2012 at 1:06 am

I do flaxseed from time to time…Do you use the actual seed? Or do you use some other form of it…?

Erin
    January 27, 2012 at 11:39 am

I use egg white protein powder. I tried whey, several different kinds, and I just can’t do the smell. With the egg white powder, there is no smell. Plus, protein powder is very different. The protein powder I love, you might hate. Supposedly GNC will mix you a sample to try the protein before you buy it – I would take advantage of that! I also use soy milk instead of regular milk (again, can’t drink milk).

I add some decaf coffee crystals and a splash of sugar free syrup (I have way too many to name) and I have my very own iced coffee each morning.

If you need shake recipes, let me know. I can point you in the direction of some good sites.

January 29, 2012 at 1:07 am

That’s awesome Erin…I’ve never used egg white protein powder, but I’ll ask about it next time I’m at GNC. I don’t think I could drink any of it without spinach and fruits….ha

Cheryl
    January 27, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I use Pro Performance Low Carb whey protein from GNC. The double chocolate royal is pretty good. I mix different things in my shakes. I have one every day. Sometimes a little bit of coffee, some berries, a splash of fruit juice… depends on the mood I’m in that day.

January 29, 2012 at 1:07 am

So versatile…yum..

Jenn
    January 27, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Glad your dad is home!

The protein shakes will also help with soreness after exercise. You’ll love ’em. I should get back to them! 😀

January 29, 2012 at 1:08 am

I’m so glad too! Thank you.

I already love them…definitely! 🙂

Roz@weightingfor50
    January 27, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Continued good wishes to you and your Dad!!!

January 29, 2012 at 1:08 am

Thank you Roz….

Deb
    January 27, 2012 at 4:30 pm

I’m very glad to hear it wasn’t a stroke and he’s home! I know how scary it can be waiting on a diagnosis for a parent though. Its nerve-wracking.

I’m joining the sore clue with you! My workout buddy has been busting my butt this week. I begged Saturday off because its my birthday, though if today is anything like Wednesday, I am gonna be so sore tomorrow I’ll need the whole bottle of champagne to myself! haha

January 29, 2012 at 1:09 am

What an incredible gift to give to yourself! And happy birthday!

amy f.
    January 27, 2012 at 4:52 pm

So glad your dad is doing well! Great job on the weight loss! 🙂

Nina Patricia
    January 27, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I’ll keep him in my prayers. Glad you are doing so good!

auntiekim
    January 29, 2012 at 11:17 pm

That’s excellent news about your dad. What a relief.

I drink protein shakes every morning. I’ve tried dozens of brands and the one I like best is BSN Lean Dessert. I’ve had all the flavors and they’re all really good. Lately I’ve been putting Torani sugar free Almond in the Chocolate Fudge flavor. Sometimes I put the Torani Sugar Free Peppermint in the Chocolate Fudge. I’ve also mixed them with frozen bananas and other fruit and they’re fantastic.