I May Not be Perfect, But…

Have you ever had a day (or a week) in which it seems like everything that could go wrong goes wrong?  Yeah…I’d guess I’m not the only one.  And last night, after everything seemed to calm down, I made the choice to eat more than I should.  I recognized what I was doing after only a few minutes, and that’s when I phoned a friend.  Actually, I sent Kelly a text which basically said I’m on the verge of eating too much, and she called almost immediately.

I had already eaten more than I should have, but it could have been much worse.  When we spoke, I stopped eating crap, started drinking water and vowed to go and exercise until I didn’t feel like eating anymore, and I went.

After finishing 5 miles on the ellpitical and drinking a gallon of water, I forgave myself.  And I’m feeling pretty pleased about the choice I made the push the junk food aside and hit the gym. Sure, I shouldn’t have eaten junk food.  And yes, I regretted it almost immediately, but I was reminded by a good friend who has definitely been there that the best time to get back on track is right now.  I did that, and I’m going to feel a lot better about myself today than I would have otherwise.

I may not be perfect, but I’m awesome.  And Kelly is awesome too….

maria w in nj
    January 28, 2012 at 8:19 am

Oh Kenz so sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope he is feeling better…prayer just send up…

January 28, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Thanks Maria! He says he’s much better, but he still has a wicked cough…

Half Chinked
    January 28, 2012 at 11:50 am

OMG!!!! Good for you! That is awesome. You are doing so great. Keep it up!!!

January 28, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Thanks!

Deb
    January 28, 2012 at 5:19 pm

“The best time to get back on track is right now.”
    This is excellent advise, and I’ll be sharing your post with a few friends Kenlie! I need to remember this myself some days. Sunday was one of those days.

Now, 5 miles on the eliptical? *runs screaming* I couldn’t even do it or the stair stepper for more than about a minute- my knees were screaming in pain the whole time. I can’t imagine what 5 miles would be like!

January 28, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Hahaha….don’t run screaming..lol I love the elliptical, but it didn’t start that way…ha It took some time..=)

Nina Patricia
    January 28, 2012 at 6:19 pm

You are indeed AWESOME and you have no idea how much you help others. I was about to grab some of my Hubs chips and instead I will take an apple. YOU ROCK!

January 28, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Apples are good too….I love red delicious! =0)

Grace @ Healthy Dreaming
    January 28, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Great job stopping yourself! I think it’s great that you have someone there you can text when you have moments of weakness. Progress not perfection 🙂

January 28, 2012 at 11:38 pm

She’s an awesome friend….and that’s true…progress not perfection..Love it.

Jenny O
    January 28, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Yay Kelly! A friend in need is a true friend indeed!
    Good on you Kenlie, really hope I remember this next time I start to binge…

The Thin Seeker
    January 29, 2012 at 4:10 am

Remorse comes almost immediately after we give into temptation but you did well as you didn’t keep going and overate the next day and the day after that.

You jumped back onto the elliptical and worked it off. Like you said no one is perfect. Achieving 80% of your diet and exercise is almost perfect in my books.

January 30, 2012 at 12:58 am

Good point…yes. It could have continued, but it didn’t…and I paid for it at the gym (in a good way.)

Cat Sharp
    January 29, 2012 at 12:45 pm

What a great friend!! And good for you jumping on the wagon (elliptical) immediately. Inspired 🙂

January 30, 2012 at 12:58 am

Ha…thanks Cat. Kelly = the best friend a person could ever want to have.

BrookeNotOnADiet
    January 29, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Good for you for doing the right thing and texting Kelly! Friends are awesome like that! 🙂 And way to get right back on track! There’s no time like the present! 🙂

January 30, 2012 at 12:59 am

I knew she’d talk sense into me, and I wanted that…

And hells yeah, B…you know it.

auntiekim
    January 29, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Good for you for reaching out and then getting back on track so quickly. And yay for Kelly! Good friends like that are hard to come by. You found yourself a keeper!

January 30, 2012 at 12:59 am

Yep..she’s a keeper…always!

MO
    January 30, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I was like that yesterday, huge event, took longer then anticipated, cookies, chips (didn’t eat any of it), then forgot my water, frustration from the event almost drove me to a fast food joint, but instead got home, grabbed a quick nutritious bite and took in a 3 mile walk with my neighbor!! Good for you to grabbing the phone and getting the support you needed!!!

Have a GREAT week !!!!

MO

Caron
    January 30, 2012 at 11:53 pm

I don’t know your living situation but it helps me not to have the junk food in the house. My daughter always has her snacks but I ask her to keep them in her room so I don’t see them. Just an idea. Still, that was a good catch and a good friend. 🙂