I can’t believe the weekend is already over, but I reached some major milestones that have helped me find a little of the confidence that I lost last year. I posted that I completed 5 miles on the elliptical Friday night, trying to replace what could have been a food disaster with healthy habits, and it worked. By the time I reached the end of the first mile, I knew I would not be going home to eat junk food.
Saturday was a much healthier day of eating, but it was also a busy day so I didn’t hit the gym for an intense workout. I did some leisurely walking instead and accomplished some other things that needed to be done. Then last night, after another day of excellent food choices, I was craving the gym so I went and completed 6 miles on the elliptical, and it felt great to know that I could have kept going!
When I tried the elliptical for the first time, doing 30 seconds seemed impossible so the fact that I can do 80 minutes without much thought feels incredible. I may not be winning any races at this point, but I’m consistent. And that’s enough to make me feel pretty good about my abilities right now. I often talk about how far I have to go, but on days like today, it’s fun to think about how far I’ve already come.
And now that I’ve patted myself on the back, it’s time for FMM! This week’s topic is courtesy of Bella, One of the lovely ladies that makes FMM so great. You might know her already, but if you don’t, you should so stop by her blog, http://bellaonthebeach.wordpress.com/ today and get to know her.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Makeup Favorites
- Do you wear makeup everyday? Hmmm, I wear it almost everyday, but I skip it when I’m just headed to the gym or the grocery store.
- Does your routine change if you’re going out with friends/on a date/to a party? If so, how? Definitely…I put in a little more effort if I know that photos could be involved.
- Are you loyal to one brand, or do you use different brands for different things? I use different brands for different things…I used to be loyal to one brand, but that was a long, long time ago. Now I try to use what’s best for my skin regardless of the brand.
- Do you wear primer/concealer? If so, what’s your favorite kind? Yes and yes…My favorite primer is by Arbonne. I can sweat my guts out, and my makeup stays in place. And I use the best concealer on the planet, Touche eclat by Yves Saint Laurent.
- What’s your favorite brand of foundation? Bobbi Brown – it’s the only brand I’ve found that works for me…I only wish I had known about it sooner.
- Do you use blush and/or bronzer? If so, what’s your favorite kind? I love Bobbi Brown blush too, but my bronzer (which I use constantly) is by Urban Decay.
- Do you wear eye shadow/eye liner? If so, what’s your favorite kind? (Are you liking the theme here? :)) Yep…I adore cream shadows by Laura Mercier! They don’t cake, and they still look good 24 hours later. (Don’t ask me why I know this..ha) And my eye-liner has to be water-proof. I usually go with Aqua Eyes or MAC.
- What’s your favorite kind of mascara?
- Lipstick? Lip gloss? Both? Favorite? When I’m applying it for the first time with the rest of my makeup, I use both. But I wear lip gloss constantly…My favorite brands are Bare Escentuals and Buxom. (Buxom gets minty after a minute or two. I totally recommend it.)
- Do you wear nail polish regularly? If so, share a few of your favorite brands/colors. Oh yes, I change it every few days (sometimes more often than that!) My favorite brand is OPI, but I really like Essie and Chanel as well. I have too many favorite colors to mention, but you can see a few of my favorites on my pinterest board! (Yes, I paint my nails then post it on Pinterest. Is anyone really surprised by this?) Are we connected there?
- How do you remove your makeup at the end of the day? I use Aveeno pads that are soft on one side and exfoliating on the other side, and I use makeup remover for my eye makeup.
- Do you feel prettier when you’re wearing makeup? Yes, definitely. My posture is better, and overall, I look more confident.
- Do you have any beauty tips that you could pass along? I have chronic dark circles which are so much better now that I drink about a gallon of water a day. But I tend to burn the candle at both ends, and when I want to look bright-eyed and alert, I use Laura Gellar’s Wonder Wand. I discovered it a few years ago thanks to Sara at Bombshell Beauty, and it’s definitely my favorite way to brighten my look.
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! Don’t forget to say hi to Bella and a few other bloggers! And also be sure to come back and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! Happy Monday friends!