Healthy Eating Lifestyle Reflection weight loss

Stating the Obvious

Losing weight tastes better than junk food, and I’m going to remind myself of that all weekend.

Am I the only one who needs to be reminded?

Joanne
    January 21, 2012 at 12:04 am

🙂 Nope. I’ve been sitting here telling myself that I’m not really hungry and I have no reason to go raid the pantry. I have a weigh-in tomorrow… that should be enough!

Tammy
    January 21, 2012 at 12:57 am

You’re definitely not alone. I would benefit from that reminder and will keep it in mind this weekend.

Princess Dieter
    January 21, 2012 at 1:15 am

When I was large and losing weight, I wouldn’t say it “tasted” better. But after a certain point, when I could move more easily, cross my legs, do more acrobatic sex with hubby, and wear a dress after years of NOT going near skirts or dresses , yes. THAT felt better than junk food. Way better. Now, when I get the urge for pizza (which I havent’ had in just over a yaer), I cross my legs or do my toenails (which I can do all by myself now that I can get my feet up to my face, hahahah). That feels so good, TASTES better than pizza. 😀

But it took a while for me to have the physical FEEL that was that taste…I had to reach a point of…constant evidence of how good it tasted.

Caylie
    January 21, 2012 at 2:43 am

I’m visiting my parents this weekend. It never fails, when I go there I eat so much more junk than I typically would. So, yes, I’m going to have to remind myself that too. Though, I have a problem with whatever junk food we have laying around here. One day I’ll get over that hurdle – where food isn’t my every thought.

Cathy
    January 21, 2012 at 8:41 am

Only every day 🙂

Jennifer
    January 21, 2012 at 9:07 am

Nothing tastes better than feeling good feels. 🙂 My momma used to say that, so it must be true!

Linda K.
    January 21, 2012 at 10:01 am

It not only tastes better – but feels better & lasts longer! 🙂

Kelly @ No Thanks to Cake
    January 21, 2012 at 10:10 am

I needed this last might! Had a little too much salt (from baked chips) on weigh in eve.

Shara
    January 21, 2012 at 10:34 am

I was chanting this to myself this morning when I came down to find an open bag of chips left on the counter. (Definitely need to talk to the teenagers in this house about putting things away…lol) Have a great weekend!

Maren
    January 21, 2012 at 11:07 am

I totally needed that reminder..

Marla
    January 21, 2012 at 11:23 am

I do! I’ve been in a very snacky mood the past few days.

Half Chinked
    January 21, 2012 at 11:40 am

I’m joining the party! I totally agree! The image I have in my head of what I want to look like looks way better than any food you could put in front of me! You can do this!!!

Jess
    January 21, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Yep its a reminder I have to give myself OFTEN!!! Sometimes it works and some times it doesn’t! Hehe…

Nikke Brown
    January 21, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I love this!!
    I’m only in the first two weeks of my transformation so this is a great reminder for me. It’s so easy to take the easy way out.
    Keep up the great work!

Steelers6
    January 21, 2012 at 1:53 pm

No..I need the reminder too. Happy weekend, dear. Chrissy

Deb
    January 21, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I need to remind myself of this too frequently. You’re definitely NOT alone in that.

Ima Bovine
    January 21, 2012 at 5:12 pm

You are preaching to the choir. I should print this out and hang it on my fridge.

Vanessa
    January 21, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Wonderful mantra!

I keep a few reminders around including a picture of a piece of cake with the words “Stop Stress Eating” on the front of my fridge taken from a magazine and a few photos on my cupboards with pictures of women doing things like playing volleyball, climbing a moutain and running.

Every little bit inspires and helps.

Tina
    January 21, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Thank you, I needed to see that today. Most days, actually, but especially today.

Cindee
    January 21, 2012 at 9:00 pm

I always thought the saying went “Feeling good about my weight feels a lot better then how good eating makes me feel”

January 21, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I’m sure that has been said too, but I wasn’t quoting anyone…I was just saying what I needed to hear this weekend…

D
    January 22, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Bahahaha no not the only one, definitely not!!!!!!

Letty
    January 22, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I like to tell myself ”nothing tastes as good as skinny feels“

Nina Patricia