I’ve been reflecting on my life a lot lately, and as I work to renew my weight-loss efforts, I think it’s important to remember how much I’ve gained by losing weight so far. I’ve talked about this before, but I think it’s important to recognize what has changed because it motivates me to continue striving toward my goal.
- The understanding that most of us face obstacles and that I’m not in this alone.
- The ability to walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded.
- Friends I’ve made through my blog that I may not have known otherwise.
- A stronger body. I can do push-ups, crunches, mountain climbers, and many other things that would have been impossible before I began getting fit.
- A better relationship with food. It still needs a lot of work, but I control it now…It doesn’t control me (most of the time.)
- Recognition of my own tenacity as I continue trying to inch closer to my goal.
- Freedom from sodas and caffeine. I quit drinking Dr. Pepper, Coke, Sprite, etc in April of 2009, and it’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made for my body.
- More clothing options…I can shop in stores that I couldn’t before, and that’s just going to keep getting better as I lose.
- Better blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. I’ve substantially lowered the chaNces of having a heart attack or stroke.
- Confidence that I can change the things in myself that I want to change.
It was pretty easy to come up with a list of 10 things. I’d love to hear what you’ve gained from losing…