If you participate in FMM regularly, then you know that I usually try to have it ready by midnight eastern time, but that didn’t happen today. Sorry about that! The last couple of weeks have been incredibly busy so I spent most of Sunday evening working on mid-term essays that are due later today. Now I have some reading to do, but first, let’s talk about online dating.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Online Dating
- Have you ever tried online dating? Yep.
- If you’ve done it, what did you like about it? What did you dislike? I like the idea that someone can get to know you before judging your appearance. The downside is that someone can like you until they see you, and it’s almost worse knowing that they think you’re awesome, yet unattractive.
- If you haven’t done it, would you? If you have done it, would you do it again? Why or why not? Sure, why not? I’ve been lucky to meet some incredible people through my blog and online. A few sucked, sure, but for the most part, it’s been a positive experience.
- What precautions would you take before going out with someone that you met online? Hmm, I’d have to speak with them by phone first. No robots or creepy old guys, you know?
- Do you have a favorite dating site? If so, what is it? No, I signed up for match.com at one point and okcupid.com at another point, but I decided that I’m far too insecure to put myself out there all the time…
- What questions would you ask before agreeing to a date? I’d ask about their career, hobbies, education, ambitions, etc.
- How long would you correspond with someone online before meeting them? I suppose it depends on the situation….probably not long.
- In your opinion, what are the pros to meeting someone online? It’s easier to get to know someone when physical pressure doesn’t exist immediately.
- In your opinion, what are the cons of online dating? It’s tough to get to know someone only to realize that the physical attraction isn’t there for one or both of you.
- Share a funny or embarrassing online dating experience with us if you have one. Um, hmm…My parents read this…so I don’t think so. 😉
Now it’s your turn! Don’t forget to post your answers then come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday friends!