Politics

It’s Super Tuesday! Does That Matter To You?

I don’t talk politics on my blog even though I’m extraordinarily passionate about it, but today is a big day in the GOP primary.

You can’t turn on the TV or check out the news online without seeing headlines, and I’d like to know how you feel about it.  Are you interested?  Do you loathe it?  I know that politics can be a heated issue so let’s try to keep the comments general.

I’m not asking who you’ll vote for or what your party affiliation is.  There’s just some interesting stuff happening right now, and I want to know if anyone else here is interested in it

So…does politics matter to you?  Yes or no?

Tammy
    March 6, 2012 at 5:43 am

My state is one of the Super Tuesday states, and I plan to vote. Am I happy with my choice of candidates – no. Do I think the election process is too drawn out – yes. I am not passionate about politics, but I strongly believe in the right to vote, so I exercise it.

Tammy
      March 6, 2012 at 11:01 am

Oh, and the more “robo calls” I get from you (or your people), the less likely I am to vote for you. Stop it!

March 7, 2012 at 12:19 am

I’m glad you’re exercising that right!

Joan
    March 6, 2012 at 6:07 am

Yes they matter to me. I’m very passionate about politics. I try to make sure that I keep up with everything that’s going on with all the candidates. I am also very active in our county’s women’s political group. Having said that, there are also times when I ask “is it over yet?” because it does seem to be a loooong process and seems to get longer every cycle. lol

March 7, 2012 at 12:22 am

It is definitely not a short process…It’s so nice to hear that you’re involved!

Emily
    March 6, 2012 at 6:23 am

They matter to me a lot. I will be watching returns with interest today.

March 7, 2012 at 12:22 am

Likewise.

Cathy
    March 6, 2012 at 6:56 am

I will say I am a Democrat (pretty liberal on social issues), and it does matter to me.
    However, the presidential campaign process can be very discouraging because of the negativity and polarizing tendencies.

Grace @ Healthy Dreaming
    March 6, 2012 at 8:00 am

I do like finding out what’s happening in politics but I don’t talk about it with people in real life. I find my friends are not very political and I would bore them to tears.

March 7, 2012 at 12:23 am

You wouldn’t bore me to tears…ha

Chubby McGee
    March 6, 2012 at 8:59 am

What’s a G. O. P.?

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Genna
      March 6, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Grand Old Party- term for the Republican party

Chubby McGee
        March 6, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Sarcasm (n.) harsh or bitter derision or irony.

March 7, 2012 at 12:24 am

Yikes..staying out of this one..lol

Genna
          March 7, 2012 at 12:39 am

sorry for attempting to answer your question.. sarcasm can’t usually be read over text. I didn’t know what GOP stood for until this year as I tend to shy away from learning about what their party is up to.

• Chubby McGee
            March 7, 2012 at 10:48 am

No harm! No harm! I was a Political Science major in college and was always at the head of my class in social studies in high school. I was being silly by posting the sarcasm definition.

I eventually became seriously disinterested in politics of any kind…so I make light of ’em now. Hence my asking what the GOP is. It makes me stress out when I think about the issues and the people representing them. I’m pretty sure my head would explode if I paid attention to what’s happening in my government. I can’t handle the drama.

I save any of all of my enthusiasm for poetry, Morrissey, vegan cupcakes, and the beach. Ha, ha!

Sorry, Kenlie!

Chubby McGee
    March 6, 2012 at 9:01 am

P.S. Just to reiterate my disinterest in politics, I read your blog title as “It’s Super TASTY!”

Oh, God. I’m an embarrassment to Americans everywhere.

March 7, 2012 at 12:24 am

Check back for a similar title Friday…;)

Claire
    March 6, 2012 at 10:10 am

I’m a political junkie who can never get enough….seriously. My mom was deeply into politics and must have passed it down to me. I’m an independent(more fiscally liberal and socially conservative). That being said, I will just add that I feel the best candidate the Republicans offered this year has left the race. That makes me sad.

March 7, 2012 at 12:25 am

I disagree, respectfully…

Stephanie
    March 6, 2012 at 10:11 am

In VA …. voted this morning on the way to work. LOVE having my voice heard!

March 7, 2012 at 12:25 am

Love your enthusiasm! It’s what I was hoping to see when I posted about this!

Jane
    March 6, 2012 at 10:34 am

I’m interested … Sometimes I find it hard to keep up, but I do love the political process!

Carrie@shrinkingcarrie
    March 6, 2012 at 10:39 am

I try to stay informed on some of the issues, but I feel like there is so much slander going on, and it starts to get to me. This election is especially hard this year, as I am a Mormon, and a lot of the media is giving out a lot of misinformation in what we believe. I knew that with 2 Mormon Republican candidates this was going to be a rough year for my religion. But I do find the election process interesting!

Amanda
    March 6, 2012 at 11:16 am

Politics matter to me, but I can’t get all worked up about the current slate of GOP candidates other than to mourn the fact that not one of them appear to be a decent human with a firm grasp on reality. Oh they might be decent, but their disconnect from the average American is huge. Or they’re not a decent human, but might have a slight grip on how most of us live..

The mind, it boggles. Is this the best you can do, GOP? Really? Sigh…

March 7, 2012 at 12:27 am

I disagree completely and respect each candidate (even the ones I don’t support.) I think that’s all I can say on this.

Sarah
    March 6, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Generally I am not all that interested in politics, but one of the GOP candidates is a long time family friend, so needless to say, it has made it a bit more interesting to me.
    Unfortunately, I don’t think that we are able to really see who these candidates are, for better or worse.

March 7, 2012 at 12:29 am

That does make it much more interesting…And I agree…There are some good people getting trashed.

Deb
    March 6, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I try to stay up to date on a few areas- namely human rights/equality/women’s issues, but its hard not to catch wind of other things too. I don’t make a point of digging through the dirt though- all the slander and just plain distastefulness of a lot of it really upsets me depending on the topic. Also, my bf in particular is very into politics and what’s going on, which can make it hard to discuss with him or other people if he’s around.

Oddly enough when I went to my psych doctor appointment yesterday, he asked me how I felt about Obama. That was unexpected and odd. I could have swore we were there to discuss my mental health…

March 7, 2012 at 12:30 am

That’s just odd…..

Cathy
    March 6, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Loathe.

March 7, 2012 at 12:30 am

I know this…

Cathy
        March 7, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Actually, I don’t loathe the democratic process. It’s all of the hype that I can’t stand. No matter who the candidate is, I hate seeing huge amounts of money thrown at voters when there are people in my school attendance area living in their cars. It bugs the hell out of me. Make fewer commercials slamming the other guy, and give the money to a shelter or a soup kitchen instead. Just my .02…now I’ll stop.

Love you, Kenlie! 🙂

Xazmin
    March 7, 2012 at 2:24 am

Hmmmm…what to say about this? Well you know who I heart. There is one candidate whom I don’t particularly care for in the GOP race, but the other 2 (that are the ones I’m not voting for) I like a lot, respect their ideas, and think they are generally good guys. Just not the BEST guy to run the country. I’m on the edge of my seat!!

NewMe
    March 7, 2012 at 5:43 pm

As a neighbour from north of the border, I follow your politics with great interest and a lot of concern.