Why do the weekends always seem to go by so quickly? It’s Monday again, and you know what that means, right? It’s time for FMM!
(Update: I’m not sure why this post didn’t appear on my blog last night. I thought I clicked publish when I finished. Sorry for the late start!)
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Cooking Habits
1. What is your favorite meal to prepare at home? Right now my favorites are Caesar salads with chicken and egg white omelets.
2. Do you like to experiment in the kitchen, or do you prefer to stick to the basics? I like to experiment. I’m more inclined to bake than cook, but I’m not afraid to throw things together. Sometimes that works out well.
4. Do you have any tricks to share that help you reach your fruits and veggies goal for the day? I eat salads that are filled with veggies and not a lot of other stuff. My lunch today will consist of 6 cups of romaine, a serving of cucumbers, grape tomatoes and 28g of light Caesar dressing. I also put one to two cups of spinach or kale in my smoothies when I make them.
5. What’s the most interesting thing you made last week? I made pretty cupcakes for my friends and classmates. I’m pretty proud of myself for eating a mini cupcake as opposed to eating more of them. They were boxed up and sealed as soon as they were made so they weren’t as tempting. =)
6. How often do you watch cooking shows on TV? I don’t really do that. It usually just gives me cravings so why bother?
7. When you’re hungry, where are you most likely to look first? The refrigerator, or the pantry? The fridge…
8. List a few healthy staples that can always be found in your kitchen. I always have chicken breast in the freezer. I usually have frozen strawberries, fresh spinach and romaine and skim milk. I usually always have bananas, peanut butter and eggs too.
9. Are you motivated to cook at home even when you’re eating alone? Not as much as if I’m cooking for two, but I’m single so it has to happen anyway. I’m going to make cooking and eating at home my goal for the month of May.
10. How often do you try new recipes? I can go without doing it for weeks then suddenly feel inspired to do it three nights in a row. I can safely say that I try several new recipes per year. I’d like to try more.