It’s Monday again, and I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend as much as I did. I spent it with relatives and friends who are like family. And this week is going to be fun too because I’m heading to Colorado to celebrate Hannah’s 3rd birthday with my family!
There was so much food to eat (or not eat) over the weekend. I ate too much Saturday and Sunday, but I still didn’t eat as much as I wanted to eat. I stayed away from the cookies and cupcakes that I baked, and I said no to myself many times. Even so, I wouldn’t want to step on the scale today. Yikes. Now let’s talk about food since it has consumed my mind since Saturday anyway.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Friend Makin’ Mondays: Trigger Foods
- Are there foods in your life that always seem to trigger overeating? Yes…definitely.
- If so, what are they? Krispy Kreme doughnuts, homemade rice krispy treats and other foods, I’m sure…
- When are you most likely to give into strong cravings? Hmm…during my travels which is ridiculous because I travel often.
- Are you more likely to be triggered by salty foods or sugary foods? Sugar..definitely.
- How do you get back on track after overeating? I ate crap this weekend, and today I’ll eat a lot of vegetables, drink a gallon or more of water and exercise hard. In short, I’ll just make today healthier.
- Are there any foods that you allow yourself to eat without limits? Nope. I’m pretty sure I could eat fresh baby spinach as much as I want to, but I measure it anyway.
- Do you notice a change in your emotions while eating trigger foods? Well, I don’t know. I have to give this some thought. I like certain foods whether I’m happy or sad, but I’ll give this some thought. And I’ll be curious to see what everyone else says about this.
- Do you have a strategy to keep yourself from overeating trigger foods? I avoid Krispy Kreme doughnuts because I always seem to convince myself that it’s better to by a dozen. Do I eat the whole dozen? Of course not, but I do eat more than I should. It’s definitely better to stay away, and most of the time I do. Lately I’ve reminded myself that they’re not even that great.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday!