That Was Quick

I flew to New York Sunday evening then returned to New Orleans Monday night, and it was a busy 24 hours!  When the rain finally stopped it was still cold and gloomy so I’m glad I brought my coat!  When I was in New York in March I tweeted about scoring a coat at Lane Bryant that was originally $200.00 for only ten dollars, but I forgot to post a photo.

It was originally $200.00, and I paid $10.00! Score!

I bought a size 22/24 even though it was slightly snug thinking that I could wear it during next season’s chilly temps, but it kept me warm yesterday.  It also kept my dress from flying up in the breeze!  🙂  I’m glad I took Mom’s advice when she said to bring my coat because I hadn’t planned on it.

When I arrived at home last night I was greeted with a package containing six bottles of nail lacquer from OPI.  Actually, they’re from a friend who works for OPI.  I knew she was sending a color that I’ve been trying to find for months, but she sent five additional colors as well.  And must understand me because every color is incredible!  I want to paint my nails with every color today, but I’ll try to stick to one.  😉

Which one should I choose first?!?

The next couple of weeks are going to be busy as I prepare for finals.  Tomorrow’s class will be devoted to preparing for the final next week.   And I have to work on an important paper for my Monday class.   I can’t believe it’s already that time of year!  It feels like my classes just started!

What’s happening in your world today?  Will you workout?  What’s for dinner?

Gloria
    April 24, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Which color was the one you were looking for?

Also, having friends who work for our favorite companies = AMAZING.

I’m thinking spinach enchiladas for dinner. No working out today– it’s my rest day.

April 24, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I was looking for Ski Teal We Drop…It’s the best color ever…But I love the others as well. I can’t decide what to wear.

Spinach enchiladas sounds delicious! I’ve never had them..

Tim
    April 24, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Wow! What a bargain for the coat! I’d have bought two just because it was such a good deal! hehe

I think you should choose the darker blue, just because my football team plays in blue and needs as much support as possible! 🙂

April 24, 2012 at 1:48 pm

That’s the color I was thinking too, Timmo! Of course I’ll have to paint one nail in each color first just to see how they look on my nails. =)

pj
    April 24, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Are the ones on the far left “I Don’t Give A Rotterdam” and “Wooden Shoe Like to Know” from the Holland collection?? I’ve been waiting to get those for myself. And the other pale shades – what are they? NYC Ballet collection? (I might have a nail polish problem…)

April 24, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Hahaha…you and me both, PJ! from left to right: I Have a Herring Problem, Vampsterdam, Did You ‘Ear About Van Gogh, Ski Teal We Drop, French Quarter for Your Thoughts and Bubble Bath.

I’ve wanted Ski Teal We Drop all year…so excited! And Bubble Bath is my favorite classic color! =)

Amanda
    April 24, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Glad you’re back & had a safe trip!
    And $10 for that awesome coat?! AMAZING!
    I’ve lost 3lbs since last week… It’s a slow start, but it’s a start so I’ll take it! Not working out today since I have a paper to write. That just means tomorrow I’ll do treadmill plus bike, not just one =]
    I totally wish I had a friend that worked for a nail polish company. I’m constantly buying new colors, and have to try time ASAP after getting them home. hehehe
    Chicken stew is what’s for dinner… I always make a huge pot so I can freeze some for days that I am super busy, stressed or just plain ol’ don’t feel like cooking =]

Sarah
    April 24, 2012 at 4:35 pm

wow, you are looking great! I know that we are all getting fit for many reasons, not just looks, but you should be very proud of yourself!

I love the OPI holland collection, I first saw it on PetitElefant.com do you ever read her blog? It is great, you would love her.

Exercise today? yes, definitely. yesterday was my rest day and I kind of missed it, strange.

Dinner? Chicken soft taco made at home, lots of flavor, very low PP+.

have a great night!

Grace @ Grace Dishes
    April 24, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I can’t believe you scored that amazing jacket for just $10! It looks great on you and I love the print. I love shopping deals. I know one of the perks of losing weight for me was SHOPPING! 🙂

I love all OPI colors! I bought a shade called Midnight in Moscow (deep purple) and I simply adore it. You are so lucky you have a hookup! The colors are great!

Steelers6
    April 24, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Wow. Just WOW. On the coat! $10.?!! Oh and btw, it isn’t snug…..in 1 month!

Nail polish for me tonight too. Essie I think, master plan.

Chrissy

April 25, 2012 at 10:32 pm

It wasn’t a snug as when I bought it, and that felt like a good thing!

suzanne
    April 24, 2012 at 6:58 pm

What a beautiful coat!! For $10 incredible.

O.k I need to fess up, I’ve never tried Opi nail polish. Something else I’m going to have to put on my “must do” list 🙂

April 25, 2012 at 10:31 pm

It’s definitely my favorite go-to brand even though I use other brands as well..

kim
    April 24, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Hi Kenlie I think you should paint each finger a different color and toes too!!! THIS will show you are open for anything!!! WOOO HOOO!!! You can’t go wrong with OPI products!!! Happy to hear you had a great trip!!! STUDY hard smarty!!! Send you lots of love and hugs from Dallas!!! xoxo-Kim T.:)

April 25, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Kim! I’m so happy to see a comment from you on my blog. xoxo

Jadzia@Toddlerisms
    April 24, 2012 at 11:09 pm

What a cute coat! On the nail polish, I am feeling the blue for spring–have a very similar shade on my toes right now! And… am wondering where I can find me a friend who works at OPI. : ) I am cuckoo for nail polish.

April 25, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I did the light blue, and I wore it for about 24 hours. Now I’m ready to try a different color! They’re all soooooo awesome!

Sarah
    April 25, 2012 at 1:30 am

Love that coat! Total score!

Boysmum2
    April 26, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Cool colours on the varnish and great score on the coat, well done you

Side Benefit of Vitamins: Nails! « Bella on the Beach
    July 31, 2012 at 12:49 am

[…] today I found myself with a bit of time, and I decided to polish them.  Now I’m no Kenlie, who is an expert at doing her own nails, but I’m pretty proud of the way they turned out.  […]