Lifestyle

What I Didn’t Eat Today and Some Other Random Thoughts

We all know that I love cupcakes…baking them and eating them.  And if you’ve been around for a while you might also know that I like to decorate cookies too.  I’m hardly a pro, but I enjoy it.  And I can honestly say that when it comes to sugar cookies, I like decorating them more than eating them. Whew!

I’m attending three parties over the next several days, and the first is tomorrow so I baked cupcakes and cookies.

I avoided eating them by baking a flavor that I don't like.

I also did some test baking for my niece’s third birthday in Colorado next week so please excuse the random placement of giraffes among the Easter cookies.  I wish I would have taken better pictures!

Giraffes celebrate Easter too...at least in my house.

It's supposed to be an Easter egg.

And I did a test run for the zoo party cupcakes recently, and this is what they look like.  Keep in mind, I don’t know what the heck I’m doing.  I just think it’s fun to try.

Pretend you can tell their zoo animals.

My niece’s party will be at a mountain zoo next week, and if anyone has decorating ideas I’d love to hear them.  My entire family loves the zoo, and it will be nice to make some new memories with them.

I love giraffes. Just saying.

I got through the day without eating much of the junk I made, and I’m pleased.  And now I’m beat and need to rest before relatives arrive.  My Friday plans include spending time with the family, hitting the gym and reading.

And speaking of the gym, I hope that the well-meaning guy who now offers unsolicited and unwanted advice works out before or after me tomorrow.  Earlier this week he told me that I should be drinking 230 oz of water a day after first telling me that I should multiply my body weight times eight and drink that much per day. Um…that would be over 15 gallons per day.   My response “Not going to happen, bro.  I drink a gallon a day, and most days that’s enough.  Thanks. “

I had just wiped my face, but check out my chest. I like to sweat.

Have you ever run into that guy at the gym?  You know…the one who keeps talking and talking and talking while you’re just trying to do your workout?  If so, how do you handle it?

And do you have plans for the holiday weekend?  What will you do to celebrate?

Grace @ Healthy Dreaming
    April 6, 2012 at 7:02 am

Look at you breaking a sweat! Good for you 🙂

Your decoration looks SO professional and cute. It’s perfect for the events you are attending. Your family is going to LOVE it!

April 7, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Breaking a sweat..lol By the time I left my shirt was soaked all over..

And thanks! I think it’s fun to play with icing..ha

Jeanette
    April 6, 2012 at 10:10 am

I wanted to tell you how impressed I am that you didn’t indulge in your own baking experiments!! Those cookies and cupcakes look out of this world amazing and delicious… so props to you for staying strong!

April 7, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Thanks! I had one cookie and one bite of cupcake, and I consider myself victorious..ha

Ashley
    April 6, 2012 at 10:38 am

Great job on not eating the cupcakes…you are a stronger woman than I am!

My plans for this weekend are to workout and to convince the Mister to take me to brunch…I feel Eggs Benedict (minus the english muffin) are in my future.

April 7, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Eggs Benedict has never been my favorite, but I hope you enjoy it! =)

Kaycie Christine
    April 6, 2012 at 11:09 am

My brother-in-law is getting married on Easter Sunday so I’ll be spending the day celebrating a new marriage as well as Easter.

I just wanted to say your cupcakes look AWESOME!!! I especially love the ones pictured first.. The birds nest ones. So cute! I wish there was a flavor of cupcake (or cookie or cake) that I didn’t like so I could use that ingenious trick of yours! I’d gobble them all up, for sure! ha.

April 7, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Wow! Congrats to your bro-in-law! Enjoy the wedding!

Aleasha
    April 6, 2012 at 11:59 am

Hate it when people at the gym think that they should go around giving out advice when no one asked. If we wanted to know we would get a trainer !

April 7, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I even mentioned my old trainer several times……he just would not stop talking.

Steelers6
    April 6, 2012 at 11:59 am

Those cupcakes are lovely! I smiled at the fact that you made a flavor you don’t care for. You are so smart!

Can Hannah really be turning THREE??? Wow.

Your gym experience sounds like those Planet Fitness adverts. Haha.

Chrissy

April 7, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Yes! She’ll be 3! It’s hard to imagine, but I’m glad I’ll be there to celebrate with her! 🙂

Donna K. Weaver
    April 6, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Go you! It’s tough to work with sweets like that and not eat them. Good idea to bake a flavor you don’t like.

BigMamaT
    April 6, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Headphones. Very loud headphones, a lack of eye contact, and sometimes, if totally necessary, a mean mug. lol

Sarah R
    April 6, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Your cookies & cupcakes are just TOO cute! Great work girl!

Tammy
    April 6, 2012 at 2:22 pm

You’re not a pro? Looks great to me! Great workout photo too.

Jeannie
    April 6, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Those cupcakes look so cute!! I, too, often force myself to buy/make food that I don’t particularly like when it’s for public consumption so that I’m not tempted to eat it all. And they look yummy, too. 🙂

Jadzia@Toddlerisms
    April 6, 2012 at 3:14 pm

These are GORGEOUS. I had to resist a very similar (although not nearly as pretty) temptation today when making a red velvet cake for the school fundraiser. (RV cake is kind of a novelty here; I made it for the spring festival a few weeks ago and it was requested to be made again.) Now I am convinced that my single lick of the frosting spatula will mean Bad Things tomorrow.

And I add my voice to the chorus of folks telling you to ignore the rude dude.

Boysmum2
    April 6, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I came across your blog via The life of Lisa. Awesome inspiration. I only want to loose 26.4lb but it takes the same effort as you. I too am following WW and your original thoughts are just the same as mine. I love that I can eat what I want as long as I work out the points, nothing is bad just the size and amount.

Xazmin
    April 6, 2012 at 10:00 pm

I love all your cute goodies! Good job at abstaining with all that temptation around!

I am not a gym-goer, so I’ve never dealt with that guy – but good luck!

We are going to a soccer game tomorrow night (Hubby and I – not the kids), and then Sunday we’ll go out to my parents for dinner. I hope you have a great Easter weekend!

Tanya
    April 7, 2012 at 7:13 am

These treats for your niece look amazing! You’re inspiring me 🙂 I made plantpot cupcakes (Kraft website) yesterday for my nieces for Easter, but they were not nearly as nice as these!

As for the guy at the gym…he’s flirting with you 🙂 Just ignore him and move on…assuming you wear headphones/iPod? crank the music and pretend you don’t hear him!

Tabby
    April 7, 2012 at 11:29 am

Wow, pretty! I love the zoo cupcakes, which TOTALLY look like animals! Quit putting yourself down.

My husband is coming back from three months away in Japan tonight, so today is about tidying/decluttering/cleaning, with a stop at HIIT in the afternoon so I’m not too exhausted to do the cleaning! Easter Day we don’t have plans. Low key, this year. It will just be good to see his smiling face.