It’s Monday again, and I can’t decide if I’m happy about that or not. Just kidding (err, mostly.) Summer classes start today which is nice because I like school, but I have to admit that I’m not looking forward to the level of intensity since the classes will only last for five weeks. Okay, I admit it…I’m not looking forward to the homework.
I’m also bummed because Smash is over until 2013. That seriously sucks. Monday nights won’t be the same until Derek, Karen and Ivy are back. Does anyone else watch? If so, do you think that Derek is in love with Karen?
Anyway, I suppose we should get to this week’s topic (which is not Smash, believe it or not!) I had trouble coming up with a topic this week, but once I started answering them I enjoyed it. I hope you enjoy it too!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Three Things
1. Three of your favorite movies:
– Hairspray (the new version)
– Monty Python and the Holy Grail
2. Three of your favorite things to drink:
– water (I drink it most often.)
– vodka and cranberry or Triple Karmeliet
– hot chocolate
3. Three of your favorite songs:
– everything from the Smash soundtrack
– One and Only by Adele (and everything by Adele really…)
– Thumbing My Way by Pearl Jam (and everything else by Pearl Jam)
4. Three people who have recently been a positive influence on your life (outside of your family):
– A guy named Tom who passed on some pretty sound advice from his father a few weeks ago.
– Richard Simmons (because he believes in people before they truly believe in themselves, and he has devoted his life to helping people accomplish what feels impossible.)
– Leslie McClure (There should be an entire blog post comprised of all of the reasons that she’s been such a positive influence, but most importantly because she’s a good friend who has my best interest at heart.)
5. Three things you to do keep yourself entertained:
– Listen to music…play it and sing it.
– I spend way too much time online. (Um…Facebook, twitter, blogs, CNN.com)
6. Three things you’re attracted to in the opposite sex:
– Confidence and drive without condescension
– Nice teeth
– I love it when a guy is sincerely attentive and engaged in the conversation when he’s talking to me.
7. Three things you love about yourself:
– I’m smart.
– I have nice teeth and nails.
– I don’t give up.
8. The last three people who text messaged you:
– The Suit (nickname for a friend who looks good in suits. I haven’t discussed what I’d call him if I mentioned him on my blog so we’ll stick with this. It’s funny and true anyway.)
– Jade (A friend from the gym who has excellent taste in frozen yogurt.)
– Sarah (My cousin who also happens to be a good friend even though she has Cookie Butter from Trader Joe’s today, and I don’t.)
9. Three things you’re looking forward to this week:
– A trip to the beach with friends (if I can convince them to go. Hehe)
– Seeing friends at school (even though it means I have to go to class. Ha.)
– Making more fun Summer plans with my people…
10. Three wishes specifically for yourself…What are they? (Be selfish, and be honest.)
– There’s a two-bedroom condo in a certain city that I’d like to live in eventually.
– There’s a guy that I kind of like, and I wish he liked me as much as I like him.
– I think I might want a Kindle Fire, but I think I should wish for something bigger. Maybe I should use two wishes on the aforementioned guy?
11. Three of your favorite quotes:
– “A strangers judgment of me does not define me; it defines them.”
– “To love someone is nothing, to be loved by someone is something, but to be loved by the one you love is everything.”
– “No matter how slow you run, you’re still lapping everyone who’s sitting on the couch.”
12. Three of your biggest fears:
– that no one outside of my family will ever love me just for me…
– that I’ll continue to struggle with my relationship with food as much as I am now…
– that I’ll never feel pretty…
13. Three of your favorite TV shows:
– White Collar
Oops, that’s more than three…Oh well.
14. Three of your favorite things to purchase when you’re shopping.
– nail polish
15. Three things that you enjoyed last week:
– Working out at the with Aunt Janice. We crushed it!
– Dinner with The Suit (See #8 for the explanation if you’re staring at your computer with a quizzical look.)
– Finalizing an awesome challenge that’s coming up on the blog in a couple of weeks.
16. Three things that you always have in your bag or close to you if you’re not a purse kind of person. (The second part of the question is for you, Timmo!)
– Nalgene bottle filled with water (or two Nalgene bottles filled with water)
– Travel-size perfume, Daisy by Marc Jacobs
17. Three types of food that you wouldn’t want to give up.
– Pad Thai
– Shrimp Spring Rolls
18. Three things you do to enjoy burning calories:
– The ladder (and circuit training) at the gym
– Riding my bike
19. Three things you dislike about blogging:
– Trolls…You know, the comments that get sent directly to spam. It’s mind-blowing (and a little flattering in a screwed up way) to think that the hateful people who leave comments everyday about how awful they think I am could be so completely obsessed with me. Seriously, how bored and unhappy must they be to come here everyday just to leave mean-spirited comments that are ignored? But as I said, it’s flattering in a weird way to know that they can’t get enough of me even though that makes them ridiculous and pathetic. Ha..
– I follow several blogs closely (even though I don’t always comment,) and it’s sad to see someone disappear or end their blog for whatever reason. I’ve met some incredible people through blogging so it can be heart-breaking when they’re no longer part of the blogosphere.
– I’m not a fan of blogger as a platform even though my blog was there originally. I like to leave my name, e-mail and website, but I prefer not to leave comments through google. I don’t like the captcha either so often times I’ll read then move on instead of leaving a comment. That’s why…
20. Three ways blogging has changed your life:
– It has given me a voice that I’m trying to use to do what’s right for people of all sizes. (I suppose I should update you on what’s happening with Southwest. I’ve just made a mental note to do that soon.)
– It has helped me keep the 100+ pounds I’ve lost off, and I’m going to stick around while I strive to get to my ultimate goal. When I feel down I can look back at where I started. I’m reminded of how hard it was and how incredible I felt when I accomplished little goals, and it lifts my spirits and reminds me what I’m worth.
– I’ve made friends who understand my life and struggles because many of them have faced similar struggles and victories.
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and have a happy Monday!