Age Calphalon Challenge

How Old Are You?

Sometimes my life can be extraordinarily busy, and sometimes we just need to relax and enjoy a little.  I did the latter last night and today, and I feel happy and refreshed.  But I also realize that I have to do the work I put off until later.  Today will be productive, but I have a quick question or two for you first.

I’ll be 32 years old in less than two weeks, but I feel good.  I feel young and strong, and if you’re reading this I’d like to know how you feel about your age.

How old are you?  Do you feel older or younger?

Some people think it’s rude to ask that question.  If you don’t want to answer both questions, then share what you’re comfortable sharing.  Just remember…we’re all friends here.

********

And if you’re part of the Calphalon challenge, then you’ll be interested to know that Alyssa from www.doublechindiary.com won this week’s challenge! As the winner, she’ll receive a Calphalon Unison 13 in. Wok with Cover courtesy of Calphalon! I’ll e-mail you later today with the details, Alyssa.  Congratulations!

This week, your challenge is to create a healthy soup, stew or something similar.  I’ll post about this week’s prize details on the Calphalon page this weekend.  Enjoy the challenge, and good luck!

Alyssa
    June 22, 2012 at 2:51 am

YAY! 🙂 Thank you so much, I can’t wait to use it and blog about it!!!

June 22, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I’m so excited for you! Check your email for a message from me with the details today!

Jennifer Sheremetta
    June 22, 2012 at 2:57 am

I never mind that someone asks me this question. I always answer happily because I neither look nor do I feel my age. I just turned 39 on June 2nd. I inherited good genes. No wrinkles and no gray hair. Well, a laugh line or two. lol And although my weight is a big problem for me, I don’t feel my age. If I could somehow manage to lose this extra 130 pounds I want to lose, I’d feel 100% better…on top of the world if you will 🙂 I need a miracle with the weight, though. 🙂

Deb
    June 22, 2012 at 3:15 am

I’m 31, though most of the time I still feel like a kid- as in it doesn’t click that I did some growing up along the way and I can live my own life now, not have to do what someone else tells me to. I also almost constantly refer to myself as a girl, not a woman. I need to stop that!

Vicki
    June 22, 2012 at 3:19 am

I’m 34 and I feel like I’m 24. I think when you’re younger (late teens, early twenties) you think you’ll reach a time when you feel ‘grown-up’ but as move further into my thirties I’m beginning to realize that you maybe never feel that way!

Jolene
    June 22, 2012 at 3:47 am

I just turned 37 a week ago, and while I don’t mind my age at all I am having troubles comprehending the fact that I’m this age and how close to 40 I am. It just seems so weird, like how could I possibly be so close to 40. Not bad, just weird LOL. My husband is 38 and he’s been feeling the same way. We were 16 and 17 when we met and it’s just so hard to think that there has been this many years creep up on us already. It’s hard to explain the feeling, weird is the only way I can think to describe it lol.

Like Jennifer said, I too am lucky that I don’t really look my age(unless everyone is lying to me! LOL). I only recently started getting little wrinkles around my eyes, I contribute that more to the fact that I have sensitive eyes and rub them a lot than I do age though. I can personally vouch for the fact that stress does not cause grey hair too, I stress out over everything, I’m the Queen of stressed out and yet at 37 don’t have one single grey hair. My Mom has always looked young for her age and didn’t go grey or get wrinkles until much older than most, so I’ve been lucky enough to get that from her.

Shannon
    June 22, 2012 at 6:26 am

I am almost 35, but feel like I am almost 25. Over the past few years I have gotten MUCH better about taking care of myself and making myself a priority. Being able to keep up with my kids keeps me feeling young and healthy.

My question is…do I look my age? I’d like to think not, but who knows really. I can look in the mirror and the first thing I see are my grays (or sparkles as I am affectionately calling them now), and I can see the lines starting to form…but at the same time each gray strand and fine line is a story in my life, and I am proud of my life.

Beth
    June 22, 2012 at 6:59 am

I’m 55. In my head? I’m 28. Until I look in a mirror, I’m 28.

Tammy
    June 22, 2012 at 7:06 am

I’m 49 for 6 more months, then I’ll start a new decade. As Jolene said, it’s hard to comprehend how I got here! I don’t feel almost 50. And, thanks to a good hair stylist, sunscreen, and good genes, I don’t think I look my age. I try to stay current with fashion, but that’s a little hard to do until I lose some weight. I think staying up with what’s going on, helps to keep you looking and feeling younger than you are!

Adelyn
    June 22, 2012 at 7:56 am

I am 42. I think. I tend to lose track. 😉 The number has never been important. As a kid and young adult I always hung out with people older than me. Now, my daughter is 6 and I find myself hanging out with lots of people who are younger because our kids are the same age. I could be the mother of some of them!

So I don’t even really know how old I FEEL. I just know that getting a year older is better than the alternative. I know that is a cliche, but both of my parents died in their 60’s. That won’t be me. 😉

Denise
    June 22, 2012 at 8:57 am

I am 40 and it blows my mind to think about it. I don’t feel “woman”at all. I’m still a girl!! I see people my age and think, ooh, when I get to be their age, i’ll do… And then it dawns on me! I AM their age!!

Lisa
    June 22, 2012 at 9:26 am

I turn 45 on Sunday and I feel like I’m 18. One day someone is going to knock on my door and tell me “game over.” No more playing house, office, etc. I don’t look or act my age either. Although there are days when my body says otherwise!

Amanda
    June 22, 2012 at 9:42 am

32 already seems like a better year than 31 for me (three months in). I don’t feel any older than I was at 30, but I’ve definitely learned a lot more about myself.

KyraTX
    June 22, 2012 at 9:45 am

How fun is it reading these comments! I turned 47 less than 2 weeks ago. I’m kind of surprised at how old I am, because I don’t feel old. I still feel like I’m in my mid-30s. Age is a state of mind, not a condition.

Kyra
    June 22, 2012 at 9:48 am

I’m 37, and funny enough, I’m trying to figure the age-thing out. I’m 23 years older than my daughter and 23 years younger than my mom. It’s a weird spot to be! Sometimes I feel old when my joints creak and pop and I realize the laugh-lines are permanent. Other times? I’m still 16.

Karen
    June 22, 2012 at 9:50 am

Calling gray hairs sparkles!? That’s my new favorite thing 🙂

I’m 33 but most days feel like I’m in my 20s. I’m more mature now than I was then, more focused. But I still look younger than my age and generally people assume I’m 25 or 26. I feel like I have plenty of energy and am in better shape than I was for most of my twenties!

Liz
    June 22, 2012 at 10:12 am

I’m 28 and whether I feel older or younger than I am depends on the day. Most of the time I feel older, but I think that’s just because I have kids. I feel I may be a little more grounded than most of my childless friends who are the same age as me. When they kids are at their dad’s though, I feel like I’m 21 again, and I tend to act like it too!

Tera
    June 22, 2012 at 11:22 am

I’m 38, but in my head I feel significantly younger…and thankfully (not to brag) everyone says I look younger as well. However, there are days when my body tells me I’m definitely not as young as I think I am!!!

Morgan
    June 22, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I am also 32 years old. I feel a lot older a lot of the time, which I attribute to the fact that I have 4 children, one of whom is going to be 13 in August (we started young!) But some days I feel like high school wasn’t that long ago!

While being 32 doesn’t bother me, I do feel like I thought my husband and I would be further along in accomplishments by now – he is returning to school this fall to finish his bachelor’s degree, we don’t own a home, we barely scrape by most months…I thought that by this point my life would be more settled. That we would own a home, he’d have his career, we’d have savings, and a retirement account, etc. Having a family when we were very young kind of delayed some things, so that sometimes when I am around others the same age as me, I start thinking of how far behind I am, or how I am not as successful as they are. I have to remind myself that what I have been accomplishing is raising 4 children to be healthy, happy, productive members of society, and that most people I know can’t say that at this point in their lives.

KCLAnderson (Karen)
    June 22, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I am just a few months shy of 50! I do not feel, act, or look (at least that’s what “they” tell me) 50! I have never been ashamed of my age…in fact, I embrace each new year. That said, 50 has messed with my head a bit 🙂

Kevin
    June 22, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I’m 41, in my head I am 60. Ha-ha.

Bella
    June 22, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I’ll be 41 a week from Monday, and I have to say, I feel like I’m around 30, tops. I saw a pin on Pinterest the other day that said, “everyone else my age is an adult, while I am merely in disguise,” and that’s exactly how I feel. In a good way.

paralaxvu
    June 22, 2012 at 4:06 pm

On June 8, I celebrated my 67th birthday. (See my blog for four posts about it.) Some days, there are aches and pains I didn’t have when I was younger. And a lot of my favorite TV and movie stars, musicians and other famous people are dying…or at least looking very old–has anyone seen The Rolling Stones lately? Do any of you even know who the Rolling Stones are?;-)–But in my head I’m about 30-35, old enough to know enough , young enough to enjoy learning new “enoughs,” and just the right age to finally begin to like me enough. I think sometimes it helps if you don’t look your age…not that I dress inappropriately, but that my ancestors were nice enough to always look at least 10-15 years younger than they actually were, and to pass on that/those genes. So maybe everything else I said is bogus..maybe I only feel younger because I look younger?

Cathy
    June 22, 2012 at 7:27 pm

52 today 53 a week from today. If grey hairs are “sparkles”, then my head is a “sparkler”! I gave up coloring it 5 years ago and never looked back. It’s total freedom. 🙂

Oh…and I feel old right now. Worn out and old. I need summer.

Sarah
    June 22, 2012 at 9:40 pm

I feel younger EVERY day! 🙂

Sarah

MB
    June 22, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I’ll be 45 in a couple of weeks and I still can’t believe I’m in my 40s. In a way I feel like I’m still a teenager and in other ways I feel like an old timer, depends on the day and the company I’m with. I believe you are only as old as you feel so my bottom line is to stay as healthy and fit as possible no matter how many birthdays you’ve had. Forever young….

Steelers6
    June 23, 2012 at 1:14 am

I feel like I am getting younger as I lose
    weight & continue on my health & fitness
    journey. (I am 48.) I am probably more
    fit now than I’ve been for a long time. I think
    I dress alittle younger & more stylishly too
    now.

Asking my age is a toughie for me. Huh.
    Interesting. Most of my friends & coworkers
    are younger, & while I feel that is a good
    environment for me, I don’t think I like
    being the oldest.? What is my deal? Ha.

I sort of feel cringey if someone asks the age
    of my oldest child.. makes me seem old then.
    (But in my defense ppl are always shocked
    when I do tell kids ages.)

So I would have to say I feel younger. I like to
    think I am getting younger all the time due to
    WL & fitness.

PS-am I the only one who went to ppl’s blogs to
    see how young they look? This IS a young, good
    looking bunch!!

Lisa
    June 23, 2012 at 2:01 am

I’m 34 and in my head that sounds a lot older than I feel.

Tim (Fat.Boy.Thin)
    June 23, 2012 at 4:50 am

I’m 29 years old, physically the healthiest I’ve ever been in my life.

My surname is Young so I know that I have an excuse to stay Young forever which means I can always laugh at fart jokes or if someone has a bogey on the end of their nose and they don’t realise it. Lately though I’ve been considering changing my surname to Old because I’ve noticed that I now moan about everything and anything!

This topic reminds me of this picture I once saw and totally love:

Karen
    June 23, 2012 at 11:45 am

I am 42. My age has never bothered me. I’m just happy to have made it this far!

RegRache
    June 23, 2012 at 6:47 pm

thirtyONE…feel like i’m in my late twenties =)

Deborah (Schmiet)
    June 23, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Kenlie, I’m 44 but mentally feel younger. I used to blame the fact that I spent my late teens and early 20s as an anorexic for the fact that it felt like I lost quite a few years and was only re-starting to live life again in my mid 20s. (Although having said that I say I’ve continued to put my life on hold because of my increasing weight!).

I have no idea how old I look, but sometimes I look in the mirror and am horrified at what’s staring back at me. I’d like a do-over!

Deb

cookie
    June 24, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I will be 30 in August. I don’t feel like 30. When you are younger, it’s always like – 30’s OLD. But actually it’s not. I am ok with being almost 30. I will be ok being 30. It’s not like you could do anything about it anyway, right?

Beth
    June 24, 2012 at 7:18 pm

I will be 34 in a week. I feel younger than I am. It was strange last week to realize that my hubby and I were the oldest people at a party…that has never happened to us before. I hope to keep getting healthy into this next year of my life…

GoingLoopy
    June 25, 2012 at 11:27 am

38. I didn’t feel that old until I got the 20-year high school reunion invite. Now I feel old, and I also feel like I have not accomplished anything with my life. Will this be a catalyst for positive change, or the first step down the spiral staircase of depression? I don’t know yet.

Gail @ Shrinking Sisters
    June 26, 2012 at 11:42 am

50 but I feel far younger and I think I look younger (fat don’t crack). My hair tends to “sparkle” in places but I frequently beat it into submission.