Kenlie’s Cooking At Home with Calphalon Challenge: Week 2

by Kenlie Tiggeman on June 15, 2012

This cooking at home thing has its ups and downs.  I’m busier this week than usual, but I’ve tried to create fun and healthy meals at home.  Unfortunately, I suck at taking pictures of my cooking so bear with me.

I wanted something light for lunch one afternoon so I attempted to make my own version of the chicken lettuce wraps that I love to order at P.F. Chang’s and Pei Wei.  Though mine weren’t as good as the ones I’d get in a restaurant, they were still excellent.  And at 120 calories per serving, I think they’re definitely worth making again.

And check out Mel’s meals at www.thedailymel.com!  They look incredible!  She’s the winner of last week’s challenge which means she’ll receive a set of Unison Omelet Pans courtesy of Calphalon!  Congrats, Mel!  I’ll send an e-mail your way later today requesting your details!

If you’re participating in the Calphalon challenge then here’s your task for this week!  It’s not too late to join the fun.  Like last week, cook five meals at home.  This time I’m asking you to make your meals vegetable dense.  I’m thinking soup, stew, stir-fry.  Get creative, and get cooking!

The winner of this week’s challenge will win a 13-in Calphalon Unison Wok with a cover courtesy of Calphalon.  I seriously wish I could win it!  Isn’t it beautiful?!

If you’re taking part in the challenge, I hope you’re enjoying the meals you create at home.  And if you haven’t taken part, it’s not too late.  Just click here for the details.

Have a great weekend, friends….

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Melissa (@TheDailyMel) June 15, 2012 at 3:00 am

Woo Hoo!!! Thanks, Kenlie! :D

airlie June 15, 2012 at 5:26 am

Those lettuce cups look delish! Hiding veges is tricky sometimes, but totally worth it reckon! Yum!

Grace @ Grace Dishes June 15, 2012 at 5:52 am

That dish looks fabulous! I think any reason to cook more at home is a win/win in my book :) good luck with the challenge!

becca June 15, 2012 at 8:48 am

yum that salad looks delish

KyraTX June 15, 2012 at 10:24 am

Congratulations, Mel!!

Janece Suarez June 15, 2012 at 10:44 am

Congrats, Mel!!

Sarah June 15, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I would never cook with anything OTHER than Calphalon! We LOVE our $600 set- and it was worth EVERY single penny! I highly recommend it.

Sarah

jen June 17, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I just finished my last week of school and it was crazy! I have 2 weeks to “relax” while I set up and plan out my summer program. I will post my food pics from previous week with my current menu plan. I just posted this week’s menu and I think you will enjoy the pics. This was fun!

Peg June 18, 2012 at 11:48 am

Congrats Mel! Your food looks amazing! I traveled most of last week and only made it home for 1 meal. I forgot to take a picture of it, but this week will be better. I don’t eat much in the way of grains, so all my meals are veggie dense. I do eat quinoa and usually do a stir fry with lots of veggies and a little chicken and quinoa for protien. I lost last week, even with all the eating out, so I can’t wait to see how I do this week.

Jessyca B June 18, 2012 at 2:44 pm

It is beautiful. I have been lusting after one for quite some time. Sooo, I liked Calphalon on FB, followed them on Twitter and tweeted that I was participating in the challenge. I’ll be posting pics very soon. Keeping my fingers crossed that this pan is in my future! :)

Janece Suarez June 29, 2012 at 1:04 am

We haven’t eaten out even ONCE since you started your challenge, Kenz! I just forget to take pictures every night before we EAT IT ALL! lol!

I’ve loved checking out the winners pics and recipes though. Thank you for the contest! :)