Friends Lifestyle

Catching Up

Last week was an amazing and eye-opening week for me.  Parts of it were difficult, but when The Suit met me in New York the tough parts were forgotten.  He came in early on Friday, and we celebrated my birthday in style.

{Champagne and The Suit}

Saturday night we had dinner at my favorite restaurant in New York with some of my favorite people on earth. Dinner was followed by cupcakes from my favorite bakery and swanky champagne. (How awesome are my friends? I know.)

{Cheers!}
{Champagne makes me happy!}

I got to spend some time with Kelly, and OMG! She looks spectacular!  She was sitting in her car when we arrived at the restaurant (because I may or may not have been late to my own birthday dinner.)  Anyway, I was sitting in the passenger seat, and as I opened the door I didn’t realize that she was in the car next to me.  She exited her car, and I was stunned!  I just saw her two months ago.  Whaaaaaat?!  She’s so close to her goal, and I couldn’t be more proud of her.  In fact, there will be a whole post on that soon.

{I love this girl.}

I also got to see one of my long time friends.  I’m feeling a little spoiled since he moved from California to New York because I get to see him more frequently, and my only regret from this weekend is that I didn’t get to spend more time with him.  I got to see another special friend too, and I can’t wait to have sushi with him again.  I suppose I’ll have to go back in the next month or two. 😉

{I've been through a lot over the years, and this guy has always been in my corner through all of it.}
{This guy is such a good friend and a positive role model. He also has great taste in champagne. Thank you, friend!}

After dinner the night was far from over.  New York is called “The City That Never Sleeps” for a reason, and The Suit and I made the most of every minute. At no point over our long weekend did we even consider going to sleep before sunrise.  We went out and soaked up as much of the night life as we could in only a few days.

{We drank beer.}
{He looked so handsome I wanted to say curse words. I probably did. Ha.}
{It's just not as cool when I sit there so I slid in by the window. Hehe}

Apart from Times Square, we didn’t do many touristy things.  We went to bars and restaurants, we shopped and we walked around various neighborhoods just to see what they had to offer.  Some places I had been to before, but for the most part we went to places that were new to both of us.  We explored aimlessly and saw new things which happened for us in D.C. as well.

{At this point he probably felt that we had enough pictures. Do you think that stopped me from taking a zillion more? Don't answer that. Haha}

In addition to having a great time with my friends I learned some things about myself last week.  My friend, The Suit, is extraordinarily insightful and even more patient.  He believes in me which is fantastic, but he also expects answers to his questions even when they’re tough.  He listens to me, understands me and doesn’t judge me.  He helped me begin to answer some questions that have always seemed impossible to broach within my own mind.  I’ll write more about that soon.

Until then, I’m going to continue catching up on things that I need to accomplish and work toward another day of accomplishing healthy goals.  Yesterday was the first day I made an effort in days so there’s still a lot of room for improvement.  Right now I’m going to concentrate on my life and the amazing people that I’m blessed to have in it.

What did I miss while I was off the radar?   I plan to do some killer circuit training later today.  What’s happening with your workouts today?

K
    July 12, 2012 at 8:34 am

um, he’s super handsome…Where did y’all have dinner? I’m a former New Yorker – going up in the fall.

July 15, 2012 at 5:49 pm

He is super handsome, isn’t he? And he’s even more beautiful on the inside.

We were at a little place in Elmsford, NY called Ala Roma. It’s off the beaten path (close to my old neighborhood.) The food and the people are worth the trip though..at least for me.

Kelly, Curvy Fit Girl
    July 12, 2012 at 11:53 am

You saw me in March, so technically it’s been 4 months since you last saw me – not 2! 😉

July 12, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Good grief…You’re right! Time flies! Hehe

Nina Patricia
    July 12, 2012 at 4:30 pm

I would love to know where you went in NYC. I am relocating here and would love to explore more of the city.

July 13, 2012 at 2:32 am

Nina! You are?!?! That’s fantastic! We went to so many places, and I have some favorites that I haven’t mentioned. I want details soon, Missy! =)

paralaxvu
    July 12, 2012 at 4:37 pm

You have the prettiest smile I know!

July 13, 2012 at 2:33 am

Awww shucks, hehehe….Thank you! xoxoxoxo

Deb
    July 13, 2012 at 12:50 am

Sounds like your birthday was a success! And I don’t know how i never noticed before- your smile is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! It lights up your whole face in these photos. 🙂

July 13, 2012 at 2:33 am

I look pretty giddy, huh? The weekend was almost perfect so I had a lot of reasons to smile. =)

Janet
    July 13, 2012 at 2:48 am

Wow, that sounds like the best week ever…and oh yeah he sure looks handsome. 😉

July 15, 2012 at 5:50 pm

It was a great week…and yep..I agree. He’s handsome.

Heather
    July 13, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Hey …. where do you get those great cupcakes! I went to NYC for the 4th of July celebrations. We stayed at the New Yorker and watched them from the 38th floor. What an experience considering we’re Canadian and I didn’t even see our July 1st fireworks. 😀 Anyway, I said to my son that I wanted to have a cupcake while there. Never found any place. Where the heck do I need to go because I know I’ll be there again. I’m hoping next time though the temperature is a LOT cooler 😀

Glad you had a great time there … but then who doesn’t.

July 15, 2012 at 5:51 pm

The ones in the photo are from Crumbs Bake Shop, and they have locations all over the city. I find it difficult to blink without seeing a cupcake shop…Ha..

Also try Sweet Revenge in the West Village and Baked by Melissa. Mel is all over NY too, and the cupcakes are all under 50 calories each and delicious.

natalie
    July 15, 2012 at 6:12 pm

hi — just popping to wish you realization on whatever that dream is (i read that before reading this)….beautiful to see someone so happy. thank you for sharing it. cheers!

Jennifer
    July 15, 2012 at 10:00 pm

OMG-both of you look so happy and blissed out! What a great looking guy-you lucky woman!

July 18, 2012 at 4:29 am

He’s a good friend. I’m lucky to have him around. =)