I’m trying hard to push forward in regards to my health, and short-term goals seem to be a great way to take steps forward. I’m heading out at 5am for a walk/run with a group of dedicated friends from the gym in the hopes that I’ll become a morning workout fanatic.
I love FMM because it’s such a great way for friends to make friends, but this week it’s so much more than that for me. This week I want to lay it all out, and I’m asking you to do the same.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Goals and More
1. Brag about some of your daily, healthy habits. I drink a lot of water, and I do not drink soda of any kind.
2. Do you track your daily food intake? If so, how? I used to track my WW points, but now I track calories. I had been seriously slacking, but now I am writing it all down even when I don’t want to.
3. What do you want to change most about your daily routine? I want to stop craving unnecessary snacks. Some people don’t really think about food often, and I want to be like that.
4. How often do you exercise? Several times a week.
5. How do you stay on track when you’re on the go? I don’t always do a good job of that which sucks because I’m on the go pretty often. When I go to school I bring food so I know I’m eating something healthy, but I need to be much more diligent when I travel.
6. What’s one excuse you use that prevents you from reaching your goals? I tell myself to worry about it tomorrow. Sure, tomorrow is a new day, but that’s no reason to let this one go to crap because of one lousy choice.
7. What scares your most about your journey? Failing. I mean, I guess I’ve come far enough to know that I’m not a failure, but I want to start finishing what I started. That phrase has been resonating in my mind lately, and I’m ready to accomplish it.
8. What do you think will change most when you reach your goal? (If you have reached it, what’s different?) I already believe in myself more than I did when I started this journey, but I think I’ll believe in myself more than I do now.
9. What motivates you to reach your goals? I’m motivated by all kinds of things. I want to be pretty, and I want to be accomplished. I want to run at the speed that my brain wishes it could. I want to wear nicer clothes and high-heels. I want to tell the world that anything is possible and be living proof. I want to be proud of the person I am.
10. Share a few of your goals. I’m focusing on short-term goals right now which I’ll talk more about in a later post, but here are a few:
- get back into an intense, heart-pounding workout groove (4-5 times per week)
- drink at least 96 oz of water per day. (I used to drink a gallon, but I’m not sure it’s necessary. I’ll ask for opinions on that later this week too.)
- start everyday with fruits and/or veggies
- track my food intake
- eat 1,200 calories or less