I’ve gotten comfortable in New Orleans lately, and I find myself smiling about that as I sit in my favorite local coffee shop. I’m happy downtown, spending time with friends, plotting world domination with The Suit and embracing some of the cool things this city has to offer. This summer I discovered that while I may not love Louisiana as a whole, I do love New Orleans. What I do not love is the possibility of hurricane evacuations like the one looming over my city right now.
Classes start later today, and my school is one of the only universities in the area that plans to be open. I’m good with that because I’m taking another class with my favorite professor, and there’s no reason to skip it if I’m not evacuating before it. The question is should I evacuate before it? As I write this I am waiting to hear whether or not classes will be cancelled later this week. It’s frustrating because this is my first real hurricane evacuation experience, and it’s difficult to separate the hype of impending doom from what really may or may not occur.
In other news since school is starting again I need a new laptop soon, and thoughts of sleek electronics have been swirling around in my head over the last few days. These thoughts led me to come up with this week’s topic, and I’d love to hear your thoughts. More specifically, I’d like to hear what you have to say about #4.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. PC or Mac? I’m in love with everything apple. Its reliability and ease of use makes it all second to none. The battery life is spectacular too.
2. When did you get your first computer? I got my first one when I started college in the late 90’s, and I can still hear the dial-up sound that it made as it connected me to AOL. Haha
3. Do you use cable, DSL or something else? I have cable internet. Does anyone use DSL these days?
4. When choosing a laptop, do you think it’s more important to choose the fastest one, or the lightest one? I’m struggling to answer this question right now. I need a new laptop, and I’ve always been happy with Apple so that part is easy. The question is should I go with the 13-in Macbook Pro (which works like a dream and weighs under 5 pounds,) or the Macbook Air which has less memory, a smaller hard drive though it weighs under 3 pounds?
5. What kind of cell phone do you own? Do you like it? I have an iPhone, of course. I am a slave to Apple because it’s awesome, but using the Xoom which is an Android makes me think I might like having a Droid phone too. I’ll consider that when I need a new phone, but right now I’m fine with what I have.
6. How do you carry your laptop when you travel? I learned my lesson when my first Macbook was damaged beyond repair after being stuffed into an overhead compartment. Even in its case it wasn’t protected well so I always place my laptop under the seat in front of me. Now I just have to be careful not to step on it. 😉
7. How many e-mails do you send on an average day? I can’t say I’ve ever counted, but I send and receive many e-mails on a daily basis.
8. Do you ever blog using your iPad or similar tablet? I tried blogging from my iPad a few times, but it wasn’t worth the effort. It’s easy to blog on the Motorola Xoom so I’m doing it more now. I’ll probably do it later this week if I’m displaced by the hurricane.
9. What do you use more often – a desktop or a laptop? I use a combination of the two, but I typically use my laptop more often since I’m always on the move.
10. As a blogger, are there other gadgets that you need to get the job done? If so, what are they? Blogging wouldn’t be the same without photos and occasional videos so I use my camera/iPhone to blog on a regular basis as well.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions on your blog! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday, friends!