Inspired By…

It seems I’ve made a habit of writing about handsome, accomplished gentlemen on my blog lately, and Ryan certainly fits the description.  He’s smart and funny and really nice to me, and he has accomplished what many folks dream of doing.  He changed his relationship with food and changed his life.

When I met Ryan he was at the very beginning of his journey to better health, and his goal was to lose 100 pound in one year.  Guess what, friends…He did it!  Losing 100 pounds is an incredible accomplishment, but he has done so much more than that.  He has changed his health, his mindset and his lifestyle.  He eats food to live, but it no longer controls his life.  (Hey Ryan, Do you want to write a post here elaborating on this soon?)

Ryan is living proof that we can change our lives regardless of our environment.  When he began his journey he lived in Canada.  He made time for exercise and focused on creating whole, healthy meals, and he continued that lifestyle when he moved to Africa.  (Yes, Africa!)  He has taken his healthy habits with him across the globe and proven to himself and others that a healthy lifestyle can exist anywhere.

When we talk I’m always left feeling inspired so I’d like to share that with you today.  Check out his transformation video if you feel like being amazed.

He’s a great guy who believes in himself and others. He changed his life without tricks and gimmicks, and I can’t wait to see what he accomplishes in the next year.

Some of you know him, but whether you do or not head over to his blog, www.rywanda.com, and say hi. You’ll be glad you did.

Have you ever met someone through your blog that inspires you?

Mary (A Merry Life)
    August 28, 2012 at 5:12 am

Wow, what an inspiration! Thanks for highlighting his blog otherwise I’d never have found it and that awesome video. I’ve met a lot of inspiring people through my blog and continue to do so. It’s part of the reason I love blogging!

August 28, 2012 at 10:31 am

Same here, Mary. I love blogging, and that’s one of the biggest reasons for it.

Chris
    August 28, 2012 at 6:12 am

Truly awesome. Very similar to my own path. It really is amazing what you can do when you put all the chips on the table and do what it takes to make it happen. I can’t see anyone watching that video and not being impressed! And now I’m going to go tell him that!

August 28, 2012 at 10:31 am

That’s so awesome, Chris. I like hearing that.

Ryan
    August 28, 2012 at 8:17 am

Thanks for the kind words in the post, missie! 🙂

I would say that, since I’m somewhat of a blogger, the response to if I’d like to write a post on alltheweigh on how my eating perspective has changed in the past year would be “sure!”

I’ll write it later this week and email it to you!

Sending good vibes to the southeast, hoping things go safe and smooth for everyone there…
    RY

August 28, 2012 at 10:31 am

Thanks, Ry…xo

Tim (Fat. Boy. Thin)
    August 28, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Well done Ryan, great achievement!

Caz
    August 30, 2012 at 2:58 am

I’m from “Africa”. As a person with the means (i.e. not living in poverty) it is FAR easier to have a healthy lifestyle here than it seems to be in the USA. We are not bombarded with the “fake” foods you seem to have there, produce is affordable and of good quality and our poultry, meat and fish are of very good quality. We don’t even have to grow it ourselves, we can simply go into a supermarket (yes, we have those here) and buy these things. If you are living in rural Africa, you can buy locally grown vegetables, as-free-range-as-you-get chicken and meat. Plus, you will probably have to walk a bit more. Way easier here than there.

redhotwritinghood
    August 30, 2012 at 11:58 pm

That is so inspiring! It is amazing what we can do when we put all of heart into something. Awesome story, thank you so much for sharing.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down
    September 1, 2012 at 7:31 am

Oh this is awesome!!! I am glad you put this in here b/c I hadn’t heard of him before. Inspriring!

Lolly
    September 3, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Thanks for sharing such an inspirational story. As I work on my own journey to lose 150+ pounds, I find such hope in success stories like this.

I love your blog!

~Lolly

Aimee
    September 4, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I really enjoyed Ryan’s story and will continue to follow his experience in Rwanda which I find very interesting having lived in Africa for a number of years. He is such an inspiration as are you Kenlie.

I hope you and your loved ones are well after enduring Hurricane Isaac. I’ve been thinking of you and sending lots of thoughts and prayer. Hope to see you back here soon.

deb-dee
    September 4, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Just thinking about you & your family and hope you all weathered the storm okay.

becca
    September 5, 2012 at 12:23 pm

wow great job way to go

Nina Patricia
    September 9, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I too, love Ryan’s story

Losing 100 Pounds and Gaining A New Life
    October 23, 2012 at 12:17 am

[…] few months ago I shared a video of my friend Ryan’s 100 pound transformation.  He inspires me, and I asked him to share what […]