Lifestyle

What Do You Do To Feel Pretty?

If you’re friends with me on Facebook or Pinterest, then you may know that I am obsessed with nail polish.  I’m the kind of girl who likes to wear dresses, make-up and tasteful accessories, and I rarely go anywhere without a fresh coat of polish on my nails. I bleach my teeth pretty regularly too, and I never leave home without my minty Buxom lip gloss either because wearing it always gives me a lift.

Having soft skin matters to me so I go through little rituals to make it happen.  I put Vaseline on my feet almost daily, and I wear socks over my heels for at least half an hour to keep them soft.  As I’ve said on my blog before, I am fiercely loyal to manicures and pedicures because it makes me feel pretty, and I believe I should feel pretty (even in this body.)

Do you believe that you deserve to feel pretty?  What steps do you take on a day to day basis to make it happen?

Kelsey@ kelseyruns
    September 18, 2012 at 1:55 am

I think everyone deserves to feel pretty! And the stupidest things make me feel pretty…like shaving my legs, I instantly feel better about myself when my legs are hairless! Love your blog Kenlie 🙂

Alyssa
    September 18, 2012 at 2:00 am

Woooo i’m the first comment! I think your love of manis and pedis has worn off on me… I’m turning in to quite the obsessive nail polish hoarder! We’ll have to compare notes at fitbloggin!

September 18, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I can’t wait to compare notes. 😉 It’s been way. too. long!!!!!!!!!!

Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing
    September 18, 2012 at 5:52 am

You have beautiful nails!! I also like to keep up with getting my nails done/pedicures because it makes me feel so much better.

Miz
    September 18, 2012 at 6:03 am

PEDICURE!!!

Chris
    September 18, 2012 at 6:20 am

Makeup, so much make up! and I sing ‘I fell pretty… oh so pretty!’

No, I don’t do that, but it would be funny! 😉

September 18, 2012 at 7:35 pm

You should sing it, record it and post it on YouTube. 😉

Tammy
    September 18, 2012 at 6:59 am

I love pedicures! I rarely have polish on my fingernails because I’m so awful at chipping it, and I don’t have the patience to keep redoing it. I love pretty clothes and statement jewelry! Oh, and shoes – how I love pretty shoes! Lipstick is what I hoard in my purse – all shades and formulations (matte, gloss, etc.) of RED!

Anna Fesmire
    September 18, 2012 at 7:18 am

Friday nights are my spa nights. Kinda like a big slumber party, but by myself. I shower or soak, and then do face or hair masks, mini mani/pedis, or special hair treatment. It makes me feel so glamorous! 🙂

becca
    September 18, 2012 at 7:21 am

love the nails I like getting my nails done it’s the one thing i do for myself
    Come Say HI

Libby
    September 18, 2012 at 8:19 am

RUNNING makes me feel pretty!

Bailey @ Onederland or Bust!
    September 18, 2012 at 8:31 am

I love getting pedicures, but I have a horrible habit of picking at my finger nails and I can’t keep nail polish on for more than a day.
    I straighten my hair almost every day because it makes me feel prettier and more put together. Everyone always tells me how much they like my hair when it’s curly, but I don’t feel nearly as pretty when I let it curl!

Ang
    September 18, 2012 at 1:03 pm

That first color is awesome! What’s it called?

I think it’s important to feel pretty no matter what your size. Unfortunately, that’s often easier said than done. I still have those low-self esteem days.

I try to make sure that I am wearing my favorite perfume every day, it makes me feel good.

Kyra
    September 18, 2012 at 5:51 pm

OK your fingers and toes look fantastic! I do my hair. That’s about it. And half the time I don’t get that far. To be fair, I’m isolated out in the boonies in Vermont, and my art studio is IN my house, so technically half the time I could just stay in my pajamas and no one would know (and the other half of the time I’m covered in paint and pinning my hair up with whatever I can grab…)

Karen Walcott
    September 18, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Makeup makes me feel pretty. I have always loved lipstick, but I used to feel self conscious wearing it because I wasn’t very comfortable with people looking at me. As I got heavier and more depressed I used to forgo makeup because I was like, “No one is really looking at me in that way so why bother?” Now I realize how important it is to take care of my appearance. Sometimes you have to start with the outside to feel better on the inside.

Sarah
    September 19, 2012 at 8:09 am

Makeup. Every day. And Accessories.

Michelle
    September 19, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I think there are many ways on which we can take advantage of our attractive, like using a nice dress combined with beautiful shoes and some makeup tricks, the most important is to feel good about yourself and this feeling will be reflected outside 🙂

suzanne
    September 19, 2012 at 6:41 pm

After reading this post I gave myself a manicure complete with polish 🙂 Definitely made my day.