The Right Direction

Have you ever had one of those moments in which you realize that your life is moving in the direction that you want to move in?  It’s happening for me right now, and it feels good.

School is back in full swing, and I recognize that I am right where I belong.  I’m studying Public Relations, and it doesn’t feel like work because I enjoy it.  I’ve always taken interest in public affairs, people and marketing, but now I’m learning how to turn that into something useful for myself.  I’m also learning a lot about new media that I hope to utilize on my blog.

I started my day with a bike ride today (which is now yesterday) which allowed me to center my thoughts before the rest of the day.  Maybe that’s why some people like to workout early?  My days are full right now, but you won’t hear me complain because I’m finally living a life in which I’m doing things that matter (to me.)

I spent far too many years waking up and not doing anything positive for myself.  I wasted so much time wondering what I should do with myself, or how I could make myself feel significant.  Over the last year I haven’t had to wonder because it’s happening.  My only regret is that I didn’t figure out how to do it sooner.

Obviously, there’s still a lot of improvement to be made within myself, but I’m making progress.   I’m actively working on being someone that I’m proud of for myself, and it’s empowering.  Now I just have to keep pushing forward.

What’s the last thing you did that helped you feel strong and empowered?

Margi H
    September 14, 2012 at 1:44 am

I swam laps today. I took a couple of months off because of schedules with kid, summer, work, etc. Boy did I miss it. I could only swim about 1/3 of the amount of laps I was doing, but I did it! I’m sore, I’m tired, but I have that lovely chlorine scent. 🙂

Chris
    September 14, 2012 at 6:01 am

Good for you Kenlie! Going back to school was one of the best things that happened to me. I got laid of from being a computer tech guy and went back to learn to be an Early Childhood Educator. It really was amazing because, like you are feeling now, doing that school work was not work at all because I enjoyed it so much. Just wait until you get a job at the end of this new schooling! It’ll be amazing. Going to work and doing something you love is even better than going to school for it!

Kyra
    September 14, 2012 at 7:31 am

Working out in the morning centers me too, and it gets a task checked off my list that otherwise bothers me all day (and if I don’t get to it, then I have guilt.) To be honest, I don’t know what the last thing was that I did to make myself feel strong an empowered. Lately, I’ve been in a tailspin, worrying over everything, and accomplishing very little. I’m probably looking too far ahead, and I just need to focus on what I need to do now. This week. Not next year!

Enjoy school! I went back and got my business degree, but with an emphasis on marketing. It’s been 4 years now, but I bet even int hat time it’s changed so drastically with new media, that I’d have no idea what they’re talking about (so, if you learn anything interesting, I’d LOVE to hear it!)

Aimee
    September 14, 2012 at 10:20 am

There is something so refreshing about starting a new school year. I miss that. I hope to return to graduate school next year. I love the sound of your words in this post, so full of hope and enthusiasm.

The last thing I did to feel empowered was to run a half marathon this past weekend in a new place. I just felt awesome and happy throughout the race. The best part is always seeing my husband and son at the finish line.

Have a wonderful weekend!

becca
    September 14, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I haven’t felt that in a long time i’m thinking it’s time to revamp my life

Come Say HI

Seja_LiveLaughLove
    September 15, 2012 at 2:53 am

It is so renewing to feel that you have ” a new lease of life” I’m glad that you are finding and following your passion! 🙂

Valerie (seattlerunnergirl)
    September 17, 2012 at 12:45 pm

It’s fun to hear about all you’re doing with your life, Kenlie!

Lisa
    September 18, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I’m slowly getting to that point. Finally some things are lining up and it feels like I’m having some good luck for a change. Training is going well, I have an event this weekend I’m excited about. All good things!