I can’t believe it’s already Wednesday! My week has been extraordinarily busy, and some cool things have happened. I started a new job. It’s just a part-time thing in addition to what I already do, but I’m really enjoying it so far. The work is interesting, and the people are great!
The Suit and I are also learning a lot about building our own business, and we have some big ideas. We’ve been lucky to meet and learn from some of New Orleans’ most successful entrepreneurs, and we’re just getting started.
And a month from today I’m moving into an awesome little apartment downtown. It’s been a long time since I lived alone, and I’m looking forward to it for several reasons:
- I’m looking forward to being independent again and having a glass of wine, or a Belgian tripel after a long day if I want to.
- It will be nice to fill my DVR with shows that I love (like Drop Dead Diva, Suits, Covert Affairs and White Collar.)
- I can decorate my place the way I want to…I chose the sofa, and I’ll choose everything else. I like the mildly contemporary, minimalist look – clean lines, but with pops of color.
- It’s in a beautiful building in the heart of New Orleans. It will take me less than 15 minutes to get to school and work, and my apartment is less than a mile from The Suit. It will be nice to walk to his condo in ten minutes instead of driving for over an hour.
- It features stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops throughout, wood floors and floor to ceiling windows.
- It’s close enough to Mom’s house that I can visit whenever I want to. I can spend the weekend on the bayou, or Mom can visit me for a day of lunch and shopping or whatever we want.
And next week is going to be one of the coolest weeks of my year. It’s time to go to Baltimore! Last year I attended Fitbloggin’ for the first time, and I knew as soon as I arrived that I’d be back this year. Having the opportunity to spend face time with people that I’ve grown to adore over the years makes the trip worthwhile, and there are added benefits like improving my blog, experiencing new fitness techniques and meeting new, awesome people who will be in attendance this year.
I’ve been fortunate to do some pretty cool things in my life, but Fitbloggin’ is near the top of my fun list, and it’s only a week away! Can you believe I’ll get to spend time with so many of my favorite people at once?!
This year I’m excited to be connecting with McCormick to bring you tips and information that will make your food more interesting. As a major sponsor at Fitbloggin’ this year, McCormick is going to show us how spices and herbs can dramatically alter a meal without forcing us to take a hit on calories and fat. They’re hosting an afternoon tour on Thursday, and I’ll be there. Will you? If you’ve already signed up for Fitbloggin, I hope you’ll join me. You can sign up here, but do it soon because spots are almost full. I’m looking forward to so many things this year, and seeing so many of my kindred spirits will be an incredible part of that.
Following Baltimore, The Suit and I are heading to New York for a few days. Among other things, we plan is to sail on the Hudson, attend a taping of Anderson Cooper’s daytime show and end our evenings when the sun comes up – probably somewhere in the meat-packing district. There’s also a guy somewhere in New York who owes me some 50-calorie cupcakes. (Note to the man with the cupcakes: You know who you are, and you know what I want.)
Next week will be filled with hugs, learning, fun and new experiences, and at times like these it’s easy to recognize that I have so many reasons to be grateful for my life and everything in it.
Will you be at Fitbloggin? If so, I’ll see you there! What are you most excited about?